U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:14 AM

2,919 posts, read 2,893,374 times
Let's just say that on average about 50% of women are "nuts". I've met some unempathic types, materialistic types, gold-diggers, narcissists, extremely low self-esteem types, bossy types. The best of those are the ones who like to put men down. Unfortunately, I had a bad relationship with one who exhibited these traits - people like that give women a bad rep, as I'm sure men who exhibit callous and other nasty behavior do for us guys.

The other 50% have either a heart of gold, are sweet, nice, "normal", treat others like they want to be treated - just a pleasure to be around. I consider myself fortunate - I married a woman who exhibits all of these traits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:14 AM

917 posts, read 1,678,317 times
It's happening because all the men with good girlfriends/wives are happy and don't feel the need to create threads bragging about it. It's the same way that the women with good partners don't create threads about it. I think we can see why the gender bashing posters, both male and female, can't get dates. Why would you date someone with an attitude like that? The nice women are dating the nice men and vice versa. The loser men and women are stuck with each other, and that's why they complain.

Every once in a while, somebody starts a thread that asks people what they love about their significant other and there seems to be a pretty equal number of male/female responses. It's much more fun to complain, which is why we are deluged with the gender bashing threads.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 AM

8,134 posts, read 5,337,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
lilred0005 wrote:

I've been thinking the exact same thing and I've come to the conclusion that this forum seems to be a magnet for quite a few guys who are blaming women in general for their own personal problems. It doesn't surprise me that if somebody is constantly spouting off some juvenile nonsense about women that this attitude in their daily lives is going to come across very poorly when they interact with them.
I also agree.

You are a voice of reason and a gentleman.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:26 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,581,723 times
Dammit you women are on to us. This forum was the central meeting place for our master plan. I’ll hand it to you, you caught on faster than expected.

We men, are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. After centuries of oppression we are finally setting forth on the journey of true liberty. About 5 million American males between 18-49 are leaving for a chain of Islands around Vanuatu.

There we will pay our own ways for everything. There we will freely give each other emotionless sex. There we will never ask each other if we look fat. There we will never again have to smell gingerbread scented candles. There we will never again be teased by cleavage. There we will never again have to be asked what we are thinking.

We will be free from the bonds of manscaping. We will be free to smell like armpit as we please. We will be free to have bromances and brodowns and brodates without being snickered at. We will be free from ever having to wear a stupid Christmas sweater, unless of course we want to.

I have a dream that one day all men can spend their leisure time as they please without being accused of being selfish. I have a dream that one day all men can solve their disputes with physical violence without being called barbarians. I have a dream that one day we will raise monkeys as our children.

All that sounds pretty good, huh ladies? Bet you wish you treated us better now.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:31 AM

12,454 posts, read 7,802,711 times
I can only help so much. However why is this so prevalent? Why is the PUA movement so popular?

Dating for Geeks - The essential guide to love for intelligent young men

Its simple. Supporting a wife is no longer a cinch option. Men also have easy access to women who are comparatively stupid. A man would need to convince a woman's family that he would be able to support her. Now all he needs to do is make her fall for a line. Since women are self supporting, the bottleneck is uncorked and the men that women want can become polygamous. The anger is the frustrated short fall.

I saw it when I was 18 years old when an older co-worker was giggling with glee when he told me he had 5 girl friends. With easy divorce, 40 year old men now easily enter this market and create more angry bitter 40 year old women.

That is what the cougar effect is. Older women and frustrated young men, all pissed off.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:33 AM

3,574 posts, read 3,792,121 times
this is probably accurate.

There are a good few posters on here, who, if their posts are anything to go by, are likely to stay single for a long time !
I think there are a few drama queens, and a few who're only happy when they're unhappy.
When they can't find a problem, they make one !

While there are many decent posters on here, I think there are a good few who are covered in bruises, from people pushing them away with 30 foot poles !

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
It's happening because all the men with good girlfriends/wives are happy and don't feel the need to create threads bragging about it. It's the same way that the women with good partners don't create threads about it. I think we can see why the gender bashing posters, both male and female, can't get dates. Why would you date someone with an attitude like that? The nice women are dating the nice men and vice versa. The loser men and women are stuck with each other, and that's why they complain.

Every once in a while, somebody starts a thread that asks people what they love about their significant other and there seems to be a pretty equal number of male/female responses. It's much more fun to complain, which is why we are deluged with the gender bashing threads.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:37 AM

3,029 posts, read 1,973,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Dammit you women are on to us. This forum was the central meeting place for our master plan. Iíll hand it to you, you caught on faster than expected.

We men, are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. After centuries of oppression we are finally setting forth on the journey of true liberty. About 5 million American males between 18-49 are leaving for a chain of Islands around Vanuatu.

There we will pay our own ways for everything. There we will freely give each other emotionless sex. There we will never ask each other if we look fat. There we will never again have to smell gingerbread scented candles. There we will never again be teased by cleavage. There we will never again have to be asked what we are thinking.

We will be free from the bonds of manscaping. We will be free to smell like armpit as we please. We will be free to have bromances and brodowns and brodates without being snickered at. We will be free from ever having to wear a stupid Christmas sweater, unless of course we want to.

I have a dream that one day all men can spend their leisure time as they please without being accused of being selfish. I have a dream that one day all men can solve their disputes with physical violence without being called barbarians. I have a dream that one day we will raise monkeys as our children.

All that sounds pretty good, huh ladies? Bet you wish you treated us better now.
Hey you wanna go live Lord of the Flies, have at it. Something tells me it won't be long before 5 million American manboylets come crying home to mama.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM

3,211 posts, read 7,403,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
Let's just say that on average about 50% of women are "nuts". I've met some unempathic types, materialistic types, gold-diggers, narcissists, extremely low self-esteem types, bossy types. The best of those are the ones who like to put men down. Unfortunately, I had a bad relationship with one who exhibited these traits - people like that give women a bad rep, as I'm sure men who exhibit callous and other nasty behavior do for us guys.

This may be off-topic, but I have a question: what is it that makes the "crazy" so attractive? I know at least several women who are nuts. They know it, I know it, yet they're always in some sort of relationship where they torment some poor guy (who's often given fair warning before jumping into it). I also know several guys who are very nice, sweet, etc, yet consistently end up with nut jobs.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:46 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,581,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Hey you wanna go live Lord of the Flies, have at it. Something tells me it won't be long before 5 million American manboylets come crying home to mama.

Lord of the Flies ended well.

Honestly we will probably have to fly our moms out once a year to cook us a decent meal and clean up our laundry. We will have to work out a deal with an airline between our nations and the US.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:48 AM

3,574 posts, read 3,792,121 times
If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say "confidence".

Whether it be real, or fake, these kind of people are very sure of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
This may be off-topic, but I have a question: what is it that makes the "crazy" so attractive? I know at least several women who are nuts. They know it, I know it, yet they're always in some sort of relationship where they torment some poor guy (who's often given fair warning before jumping into it). I also know several guys who are very nice, sweet, etc, yet consistently end up with nut jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships