U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-15-2010, 10:39 AM

16,623 posts, read 14,132,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
You realize of course that this is a false choice. You act as if these are the only two options when in reality one can react in a number of ways.
I'm simplifying it, you're going out of your way to make it complex.

If you're worried about getting raped in divorce court, then don't live in New York or California, or Massachussetts, and don't live in a state that allows your divorce to be handled outside your own jurisdiction. Y'all make your own laws up there in crazyville, so move out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 10:41 AM

16,623 posts, read 14,132,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Is that a gay joke? Or a political one? Either way no I dont. What does marriage have to do with being straight or gay?
Negative. I had you confused with Ameriko, who is having trouble understanding federalism.

Quote:
I have found that by not being married I can have more sex with more women. Cuz marriage really gets in the way of my dating life.
Right, well, don't let me stand in the way of your pimp style.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:47 AM

622 posts, read 710,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Negative. I had you confused with Ameriko, who is having trouble understanding federalism.

Right, well, don't let me stand in the way of your pimp style.
Lol I wont. No pimp just the dating life.

Old 02-15-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I'm simplifying it, you're going out of your way to make it complex.

If you're worried about getting raped in divorce court, then don't live in New York or California, or Massachussetts, and don't live in a state that allows your divorce to be handled outside your own jurisdiction. Y'all make your own laws up there in crazyville, so move out.

You can add New Mexico and Texas to that list too. And probably every other state.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:40 AM

19,081 posts, read 12,334,120 times
I've always refrained from using the term "womyn" because I suspect it would be antagonistic. This thread and this forum has shed new light and changed my mind. With all the bashing of men and women, I'm deciding to opt out of the unfortunate dysfunction and suffering that comprises the lives of so many here. Complain about your women all day long, from mothers and daughters to current and past wives. There's no reason to consider womyn, individuals like me, as members of your tribe. So, no need for me to be bothered by your bigotry.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I've always refrained from using the term "womyn" because I suspect it would be antagonistic. This thread and this forum has shed new light and changed my mind. With all the bashing of men and women, I'm deciding to opt out of the unfortunate dysfunction and suffering that comprises the lives of so many here. Complain about your women all day long, from mothers and daughters to current and past wives. There's no reason to consider womyn, individuals like me, as members of your tribe. So, no need for me to be bothered by your bigotry.

See ya

Old 02-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
See ya
Don't you have to see someone before you can say see ya? I guess my post wasn't simple enough.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:08 PM

118 posts, read 155,248 times
Thumbs down The FINAL SOLUTION

It's easy. BOYCOTT STATE-SANCTIONED MARRIAGE! Ladies did you know that you can have that big wedding in a big church, that awesome honeymoon you've always dreamed of, and that you can still change your name and be "husband and wife" in the eyes of God...All without "permission" or acknowledgment from the state? That's right. You technically don't need a marriage license to get married.

The state pushes the marriage license for tax purposes, but there's really very little incentive there. Also, commonlaw marriages are rarely recognized by the state. So why get the license ladies? Oh yeah....It's an INSURANCE POLICY for YOU! It essentially states that the state can and will rape your husband for you if you ever decide to leave him or vice-versa.

Men: Don't refuse to marry. Refuse state-sponsored marriage. Problem solved.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 PM

2,412 posts, read 3,033,534 times
I also googled enhancement attached to the gender specific word....5,380,000 male to 13,580,000 female! ... It's all about the boobies!

Old 02-15-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitathpunk View Post
It's easy. BOYCOTT STATE-SANCTIONED MARRIAGE! Ladies did you know that you can have that big wedding in a big church, that awesome honeymoon you've always dreamed of, and that you can still change your name and be "husband and wife" in the eyes of God...All without "permission" or acknowledgment from the state? That's right. You technically don't need a marriage license to get married.
Ahh, but then there's ladies as well. The reason I've always taken issue with these sweeping statements is because I felt charged simply because of my gender. I work F/T. I don't have a simple office job either. I'm putting my dh through college so his dreams can be realized. My credit and my job bought us our home, everything in it, our insurance and supports us and our pets (and hopeful future children if they come). But, you marry a less than stellar person and all women have to be held responsible? That's boloney.

There are plenty of women like me out there; women willing to sacrifice whatever they have to for their loved ones. There's probably good reason why you and yours did not and do not attract these types of women and I am certain the blame does not reside with them/me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships