Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 08:52 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,313,385 times

Advertisements

JSizzle225,

Your earlier posts made me laugh until my eyes started bleeding. Ha...your sense of humor is probably your best asset. Good luck with women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 19,509 times
Sterotyping and laziness.
That's how we are, rather than just pointing out of few who did it. We rather call it the whole race or gender.

+ We all have bad and good, and that's why we need each other. It's like puzzle pieces. If we are all perfect, then why don't we just all go F ourselves while we won't need others. Or rather, turn homosexual.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,230,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
It's good for their egos. It places the blame out there, not only among one or a few, but on the whole lot. The ego likes that because it assures itself that "nothing could ever be wrong with me, they are the problem." And that is how it defends itself from rejections.

Well, you know what they say: The only common denominator in all of your failed relationships is YOU. ("You" in the general, not you personally, Nez.)

Therefore if a man has the attitude that all women are horrible, it's probably more a reflection on him than on the women he's bashing.

And if he has run into a lot of certifiable nutcases? Well, you have to wonder why he hasn't learned to read the signs and why he continues to get involved with such people.

Same goes for women. Into each life a psycho will fall, but if she claims it's all psychos, all the time, a woman is either lying to herself or she's tolerating psycho behavior.

I cannot stand Dr. Phil, but he's right about one thing: We teach people how to treat us.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,836,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Here are the three sentences following the one you quoted.
It is well-documented that after divorce women's income generally goes down, while men's overall income increases. No-fault divorce laws allow couples to split on the basis of irreconcilable differences without going to trial and without the requirement of establishing fault. Many advocates say it is a fairer way of ending dysfunctional marriages than the fault-based system, which often involves lengthy, expensive legal battles.
That doesn't say "screw the man" to me.
Not only was this never well documented, it was never documented at all. It is an outright lie that was discredited a long time ago. Its like the myth of women earning 69% of men (or whatever other unsubstantiated number they use) that is trotted out whenever women want a lazy way to discredit accurate quotes by men. When the facts are properly analyzed and adjusted for actual behaviors, women either make as much as men or when employers are thoroughly cowed by the feminist lobby, actually make more.

Men who actually pay alimony and child support plus give up their house and much of their assets are obviously far worse off after divorce and the facts support this. Where women make bad choices and mate with men who are bums, well, I'm sure they are possibly worse off than these divorced men but its not that big a difference. However, its like comparing apples and oranges.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Not only was this never well documented, it was never documented at all. It is an outright lie that was discredited a long time ago. Its like the myth of women earning 69% of men (or whatever other unsubstantiated number they use) that is trotted out whenever women want a lazy way to discredit accurate quotes by men. When the facts are properly analyzed and adjusted for actual behaviors, women either make as much as men or when employers are thoroughly cowed by the feminist lobby, actually make more.

Men who actually pay alimony and child support plus give up their house and much of their assets are obviously far worse off after divorce and the facts support this. Where women make bad choices and mate with men who are bums, well, I'm sure they are possibly worse off than these divorced men but its not that big a difference. However, its like comparing apples and oranges.
I don't know one man who pays alimony. In today's society it doesn't matter who did what everything is split down the middle. Child support is different; don't have children if you aren't willing and able to support them. Also, usually the house is divided too. Either the woman buys the man out, or it is sold and the proceeds are divided. I just think this thread is full of angry, bitter men who can't get a date.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:53 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,127,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Every link I find does not support your statements. All I see are that marital assets are split 50/50. Is this a myth your toting or not?

Old 02-16-2010, 05:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,571,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I don't know one man who pays alimony.
Yeah, neither do I. I do know a couple that pay child support, and several that don't pay child support (changing jobs, getting paid under the table, never sending their kid a penny, etc.).

My uncle recently got divorced. He got the house.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 AM

This is directed to the bitter men. If you go into every potentially new relationship with the attitude shown on this thread, it is no wonder you are alone. No one likes a negative person. Every woman is different, just like every man is different. I have run into some men that were not good people, but the majority of men I know are great. I love men, and I am sure if you projected the image of loving women you would have no trouble finding a good one.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:41 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,384,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
I don't know one man who pays alimony. In today's society it doesn't matter who did what everything is split down the middle. Child support is different; don't have children if you aren't willing and able to support them. Also, usually the house is divided too. Either the woman buys the man out, or it is sold and the proceeds are divided. I just think this thread is full of angry, bitter men who can't get a date.
Well my dad pays alimony, but what he pays her, over five years, is equivalent to what she was used to in one year.

It wasn't like it was my mom's idea, when I was born, to put aside schooling and work and be a stay at home mom...that was a decision they both made. When my dad turns 50 he decides to let my mom know he's been cheating on her for 13 years and is leaving her because my youngest brother is done with school now.

I think my mom DESERVES lifetime alimony in this instance. My dad can't even wash his underwear, so he'd have been a miserable failure without my mom. However, AZ State Family Law, in all it's wisdom decided that the whole marriage really wasn't a team, and my dad just has to pay a small fine and all is good.

What a joke.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:48 PM

I agree that your dad owes her. It is sad that in cases like your parents someone gets the shaft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships