Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
and remember ladies misogynists are not born, they are made.
Since they are not born this way, there is nothing that dictates they have to stay this way. No one puts a scud missile to their heads to decide that an entire group of people they have never met are out to get them, especially when the evidence to the contrary is out there to relieve them of this negative thinking every single day.

Quote:
women always say we (men) are dogs,
You lie.

Quote:
i wish they would treat us that way because most women treat actual dogs better then they do their men.
You are operating under the assumption that all men deserve to be treated better. Some actually don't.

I am a dog lover, so I would never think to mistreat them worse than I would a human, but you really can't treat them both the same way, can you?

Quote:
if you treat a dog with love, he will be loyal to you and love you back, if you are mean and abusive to him, eventually he will turn on you and attack you
Apparently, all dogs are male. Women are also just as fed up, but you don't excuse them, do you? We do it because we can, because society makes it more acceptable, we feel entitled.

We are talking about human beings. There are plenty of people who will treat you like dirt for no reason at all, no matter how good you are to them.

Quote:
i dont get why women, treat us men with so much bitterness and hate and expect love in return. like most womanly ideas it is non-sense
I don't know you. Have we met? Can you say I have treated you with said bitterness and expect anything of you despite this imaginary treatment? Has any other woman on this board done so?

Do you people even read what you write before you post it? How do you preach so much unreliable and false information with so much pride and conviction?

Quote:
and i have a very eye opening and enlightening article to support my claim
Hate Bounces | Men Going Their Own Way
I'm sure you have plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

I am clearly not referring to men who state their stance and give examples. I am referring to men who truly resent an entire gender and present it as stating their stance and giving examples. They are not fooling anyone except themselves and the less intelligent portion of the population.
Did I say I resented an entire gender? Read what Huck had so say? He said it better than I did. Are you still had at him for not agreeing with the thread you posted?

Yeah, they call it "balance" too. By the way, Huck is a pretty good example of what I am stating, though there are worse.
Quote:
I'd respond to that but I am not sure what you are asserting. How is "every woman" acting? Please clarify.
Did I say how "every woman" was acting? Of course not, let's be logical about this.

There's another one, "just commenting". Well, I am commenting on these comments. Some are reasonable and some are dripping in misogyny. There is a difference; that is my point.

Absolutely. I call stupidity when I see it, no matter what the plumbing.
Quote:

If you embrace the nonsense that the rest of these kids do, and based on your posts, you do, I will consider you to be like a child.
Which is exactly why I am glad I do not know in real life. I clearly stated my position on the situation, just because I don't have the same views as you does not make me a child. So now we have the right to go around saying who we think is a child and who is not? You are quite the comedian, I may add. I did not know I was special enough for you to look up my post. Just curious, did you take the time to read all 164 of them? Or did you just look at what I posted on the relationships forum?
Children throw the tantrums I am referring to. Obviously, if it doesn't apply to you, you shouldn't be offended.

Your words:

Plus this is not bashing, this is just calling how we see it.
Quote:
Who is "we" then?
The men who gave examples as to why the marriage rate fell and who were asked about a "anti-women"sentiment. When in reality they were just giving examples on why they see things the way they do. This thread has 500 + responses, take the time to read them all and don't jump in without taking the time to see the issues the men have. They were asked questions and responded.
Quote:
Niceguy didn't even direct his post to you, but you responded defending and speaking for those who are considered bashers.
I was just stating my claim, and yes the post did come off as somebody who had a problem with many who actually had the galls to speak out on the situation.
Quote:
There are those here who are known for their "female" bashing (interesting that you also use that term). I don't find your assertions to be any different.

I just, after that last sentence, decided to look up your posts. I didn't pay any mind before, but I just noticed it was you who posted along side Huck in my thread "What kind of sick person are you?". He totally turned it into something it wasn't, made me out to be something I have NEVER exhibited here. Apparently, you also had a problem with it. With so few posts, you had even less of a basis to disapprove. I am not surprised at all that you "exalt" this man.
That had nothing to do with why I decided to exalt Huck. I exalted him because he stated in a nutshell how I completely felt about the situation. I clearly said, I hate the foolish behavior, not that I hated women. As for my post count, there were no rules on this board indicating what I could or could not do with "only a certain number of post".
Quote:
That is a total and complete LIE. This is all you (and your "we") hear because it is all you want to hear. Reality dictates that many men and women are not what they should be. Again, get over it. Those of us who live in reality know this is not limited to one gender, that men are not "only" at fault and that society doesn't dictate how we choose to live, who we choose to live with and how we choose to see the world.
Quote:

Okay, they gave reasons...what is your point? What is the funny thing?
They gave reasons, let's stop being in denial about it.
Quote:
Don't look for company here. I don't see what you see. I recognize that life isn't fair and I don't give a rip about what is "socially acceptable", certainly not to the point that I am going to see little green monsters under my bed. There are no limits to what men and women complain about these days, in the media, in magazines and talk shows. Bottom line, I am responsible for my life, my choices in men and friends and my happiness.
So the next time I see a thread asking why men don't approach women or get married as much as they used to, I expect you to tell the OP what they are doing wrong as well.
Quote:
What do you mean by "the media"? Keith Olberman? Extra? Jerry Springer? Britney Spears? The local news?
Quote:
I have never heard "the media" claim that there are no good men out there.

YouTube - Why Are 42% Of Black Successful Women Are Single? [[ ABC News Nightline ]]
I don't have the time to look up all the videos, but this is one of just many videos in the media where I have heard about the lack of good men. Let's not be naive here. Plus, the weather has not been good for months, therefore I am getting off of City-Data for the day!!

I hear them repeat what makes the news; stories, scandal, interviews. But they are not all gathering secretly as one unit conspiring against men. I have heard women say it just as much as I have heard men gripe about how women are wh*res, sl*ts and gold-diggers. To that I say, again, get over it.
[/quote]

Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Since they are not born this way, there is nothing that dictates they have to stay this way. No one puts a scud missile to their heads to decide that an entire group of people they have never met are out to get them, especially when the evidence to the contrary is out there to relieve them of this negative thinking every single day.

You lie.

You are operating under the assumption that all men deserve to be treated better. Some actually don't.

I am a dog lover, so I would never think to mistreat them worse than I would a human, but you really can't treat them both the same way, can you?

Apparently, all dogs are male. Women are also just as fed up, but you don't excuse them, do you? We do it because we can, because society makes it more acceptable, we feel entitled.

I know all dogs are not male, but I do not want to refer to a dog as "it" a dog is a living organism just like you and I. I didnt intend to generalize all dogs as males. But it is a fact women do treat dogs better then men, especially when it comes to divorces. Women take they house the MAN paid for, the two cars he PAID for, a woman in a divorce takes everything but the man's name. And then the court (which ALWAYS sides with the mother except in extreme circumstances) will make the father pay ridiculous amounts of child support, to take care of his children who his now ex wife won't let him see

We are talking about human beings. There are plenty of people who will treat you like dirt for no reason at all, no matter how good you are to them.

I don't know you. Have we met? Can you say I have treated you with said bitterness and expect anything of you despite this imaginary treatment? Has any other woman on this board done so?

We have not met. When I talk about the way women treat men with bitterness and hatred, I meant in the real social offline world. Not on City-Data.com I see it everyday. Miserable men standing outside the Louis Vuitton store holding their girlfriend's/wife's purse while they look at new purses that cost $1000+ that will be paid for with HIS credit card. He could be at home watching the NBA playoffs but instead he is at the mall, purse shopping of all things.

Do you people even read what you write before you post it? How do you preach so much unreliable and false information with so much pride and conviction?

I'm sure you have plenty.
My writing within your quote is in bold, I wont put words in your mouth.

And yes I do have plenty more. Men Going Their Own Way is a very enlightening website

Old 03-07-2010, 10:24 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
My writing within your quote is in bold, I wont put words in your mouth.

And yes I do have plenty more. Men Going Their Own Way is a very enlightening website
I just checked that site out and it's got to be the biggest joke I've ever seen.

1. instilling masculinity in men by:
Demanding respect for men
Serving as good male role models
Living independent lives
Fighting chivalry

2. instilling femininity in women
We will hold women equally accountable to men and ignore and shun those who refuse to take any responsibility for their own circumstances. Thus we induce women to take a complementary position with men instead of a competitive position as is now the case.
Feminine qualities we want from women:
  • Nurturing
  • Supportive
  • Responsibility
  • Respectfulness
  • Honesty
Seriously I don't even need to make a comment on that...it just speaks for itself.

I am a die hard Libertarian...and for that site to claim to like "limited government" is a joke. They want limited government for their own personal gains...a real lover of liberty wants limited government to maximize dreams and ambitions. I would consider myself a pretty manly guy, I have NO PROBLEM whatsover with woman as equals. Complimentary role? Not for me, and not for a lot of the men I know. I don't know why you are so angry at women...but the problem is you...and until you burn off that anger you just aren't going to be successful in anything.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:40 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I just checked that site out and it's got to be the biggest joke I've ever seen.

1. instilling masculinity in men by:[INDENT]Demanding respect for men
Serving as good male role models
Living independent lives
Fighting chivalry
[/INDENT]
2. instilling femininity in women
[INDENT]We will hold women equally accountable to men and ignore and shun those who refuse to take any responsibility for their own circumstances. Thus we induce women to take a complementary position with men instead of a competitive position as is now the case.
Feminine qualities we want from women:
[LIST][*]Nurturing[*]Supportive[*]Responsibility[*]Respectfulness[*]Honesty[/LIST][/INDENT]Seriously I don't even need to make a comment on that...it just speaks for itself.
It does, doesn't it?

Fighting chivalry, eh? Sorry, but that's ignorant. Chivalry has nothing to do with women in particular and everything to do with how a man treats everyone, like so:

[URL="http://www.daytoncircus.org/?q=node/243"]The True Gentleman[/URL]

As for "nurturing," so sorry, but that has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while. What are they, children? Can't hack the competition, so they want to relegate women to being complementary, eh? Please. Move along, move along, go buy a mail order bride. No subservience here.

Oh, and by the way, those worthy of respect don't have to demand it. They already command it by their actions and who they are. Getting back to that true gentleman thing...

Old 03-07-2010, 10:47 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,263,675 times
Quote:
and remember ladies misogynists are not born, they are made
Nothing like blaming someone else for your decision to hate women. How mature.

"You MADE me hate you!"

That's what abusers say, by the way.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM

924 posts, read 1,643,645 times
Quote:
I agree with the comforting during the lows part.

There are "nice" jocks but they are few and far between

Girls are more shallow these days, its ridiculous IMO

nuff said.

and remember ladies misogynists are not born, they are made. women always say we (men) are dogs, i wish they would treat us that way because most women treat actual dogs better then they do their men.

if you treat a dog with love, he will be loyal to you and love you back, if you are mean and abusive to him, eventually he will turn on you and attack you

i dont get why women, treat us men with so much bitterness and hate and expect love in return. like most womanly ideas it is non-sense

and i have a very eye opening and enlightening article to support my claim
Hate Bounces | Men Going Their Own Way
I'm not sure why you think most jocks are mean, in my experience they're actually a lot more friendly than their first impression. Sure, I envy their success, but that doesn't make me despise them.

What qualities about women make them more shallow? Examples would help.

I've never been called a dog by women. I've heard them call "some" men slobs and they're perfectly entitled to that as that was their impression those particular guys. They judge others just like us men do.

There are some radical feminists that really hate men but they are in the minority and like to blame men for all of their problems.

Do you have personal experiences to draw from that enables you to spew this information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
Don't bother with "social skills". The only thing social skills are good for is if you're in the entertainment or advertising industry. Other than that, focusing on social skills distracts you from any real technical skills.
I wouldn't agree with this, "social skills" is an asset that both professional and personal relations look upon very favorably. There are few jobs out there that require no social skills, and they usually involved staring at a computer monitor for long hours.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Did I say I resented an entire gender?
No. You don't have to.

Quote:
Read what Huck had so say? He said it better than I did.

Are you referring to what he stated on this thread? If so, yes. And I don't disagree with what he said, as a general observation, if someone else said it.

Quote:
Are you still had at him for not agreeing with the thread you posted?

Mad at him? I don't care that much. He makes his assertions, I see them for what they are and I place that much value on it. When he can actually back up what he said, I'll place more value on it. He hasn't. And when he says something I agree with, I verbalize that as well.

Quote:
Did I say how "every woman" was acting? Of course not, let's be logical about this.

Then be logical. No, you didn't say how every woman was acting, that is why I asked the question.

Quote:
Are the men on this board acting like every woman does these sorts of things? Of course not, let's not engage in selective reading here.
Again, what does "every woman" do? Can you even answer that with any semblance of fact or truth?

Quote:
Which is exactly why I am glad I do not know in real life. I
Quote:
clearly stated my position on the situation, just because I don't have the same views as you does not make me a child.
LOL....we don't have he same views and that is my beef. Is this is where the internet has given you a voice, you stated your position and I can't handle it? Okay.

Let's not engage in selective reading here. It does not make you a child. Did you magically become 12 again? No, it makes you LIKE a child, in my opinion.

Quote:
So now we have the right to go around saying who we think is a child and who is not?

Yes. I have a right to say what I think, just as you do. I am merely stating my position, but it seems you can't handle it.

Quote:
You are quite the comedian, I may add.

So, now we have the right to go around saying who we think is a comedian and who is not?

Quote:
I did not know I was special enough for you to look up my post.

Nothing special or extraordinary about your line of thinking. I looked them up because I wanted to see if there was a pattern, if perhaps I was too hard on you. Lo and behold......I stand by what I have said.

Quote:
Just curious, did you take the time to read all 164 of them? Or did you just look at what I posted on the relationships forum?

No, I didn't look at all of them. I don't know that they were all in the relationships forum. It was a list of posts with the first sentence or so of each post provided. It was enough for me.

Quote:
The men who gave examples as to why the marriage rate fell and who were asked about a "anti-women"sentiment. When in reality they were just giving examples on why they see things the way they do.

You see them as mere responses and examples, those of us who know better see it for what it is and prove the contradictions, with the very words these men post with their own hands, kinda like I'm doing now. No one said you had to agree with it.
Quote:
This thread has 500 + responses, take the time to read them all and don't jump in without taking the time to see the issues the men have. They were asked questions and responded.

NO FAIR! You haven't done it. If you did, you would have seen that I have posted several times to this thread. I have seen over a year's worth of "issues". And, unless you are another one of the usual suspects posting under a different handle ignoring common sense, go ahead and read the many threads on this subject. Don't just jump in, telling me not to jump in, defending the "we", without taking the time to do so.
Quote:
I was just stating my claim, and yes the post did come off as somebody who had a problem with many who actually had the galls to speak out on the situation.

Ah, yes, this is a classic. You go against the grain and have the balls to speak your mind. You are a forward thinker. I know.

Are you saying you didn't mean for your posts to come off that way? There are an awful lot of accidents, if that's the case.

Quote:
That had nothing to do with why I decided to exalt Huck. I exalted him because he stated in a nutshell how I completely felt about the situation.

Now, even I can see that, based on that one statement alone. Maybe it is just a coincidence that you both think along the same lines. This kind of thing is pretty common.

Quote:
I clearly said, I hate the foolish behavior, not that I hated women.

Okay, maybe you don't hate them. But it is clear you don't like them. These send a completely different message than "Plus, in my book, ALL FEMALES AND MALES ARE NOT THE SAME."

I also find it funny when women call out the flaws the men, nobody has any complaints about it. But when men state their issues of the opposite sex it is considered bashing.

The internet has finally given men a voice to finally have their voices heard, and now many people cannot handle it!!

Are the men on this board acting like every woman does these sorts of things?

Plus this is not bashing, this is just calling how we see it.

But society tells us it is the men who are only at fault.

I'm sure I can find more examples, but I am already long winded enough.

Quote:
As for my post count, there were no rules on this board indicating what I could or could not do with "only a certain number of post".

Where did I tell you what you could and couldn't do? My statement was based, admittedly, on the misconception that you hadn't been here long enough, but you joined in Jan '08, heck, longer than I have been. That does change things. It means you've been around long enough so most likely HAVE seen plenty contradict your statements and are choosing to ignore what you saw.

The message is pretty much the same. You had no basis to extract what you did from my thread, like Huck. Zero. You, like Huck and the rest of the clan, don't need a reason.

Quote:
They gave reasons, let's stop being in denial about it.

Yes, "let's" do that. Pot....kettle....black.

Quote:
So the next time I see a thread asking why men don't approach women or get married as much as they used to, I expect you to tell the OP what they are doing wrong as well.

LOL. I'll be sure to jump at every opportunity to prove my objectivity to you from now on, since you have done your due diligence and found no evidence of this in all the time you have been here, not even in the 500 plus posts in THIS thread that you told ME to read.

Quote:
I don't have the time to look up all the videos, but this is one of just many videos in the media where I have heard about the lack of good men. Let's not be naive here.

One more time, there is no "media" without a source or a story. These come from people, like you and I, all over the planet. Some of it is true, some of it isn't. Again, there is no conspiracy.

You see it fit to post your "position" here. How many members are here? It is an open board, accessible to countless people all over the world. Yet you have a problem with the "media" and women doing it? There's whole lot of hypocrisy going on. But please, feel free to keep posting. You're only proving my case every time.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:26 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment. Why the need to blame an entire gender for the bad behavior or bad experiences with a few? I've heard that women are notorious for "man-bashing"(which is inexcusable as well) but all I see on here as of late is the opposite with thread topics of exhorting men to "never get married", plus the usual "women are superficial gold-diggers". Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old? I have personally had some very negative and hurtful experiences with men, but I would NEVER blame the male gender for my problems or hold any group or even any individual responsible for the foul acts of a few men. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
yes, I've noticed it also... yes, it sucks... but I think it's less about "turning the tables" on bashing as it is about turning the tables on the behavior which leads to bashing.

figure it like this: picture a stereotypical piggish "I-focused" guy- ya know, the "gimme my supper, where's my clean shirts" type-- that attitude toward women being "I only need you at and for my convenience."
flip the picture around, and that's the same attitude many women have toward men-- "I only need you and at for my convenience."
"equality" hell- it's about "the upper hand." if you think this is exaggerating, read some of the posts- "don't give away all of your Power by letting a guy pay for a date!" etc. Personal relationships aren't supposed to be about 'power.'
if women rightfully hated that kind of disrespect, I'm sure men feel the same way- who wants to feel that they're in someone's life at the other person's convenience?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:46 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,595,388 times
Quote:
No. You don't have to.

Are you referring to what he stated on this thread? If so, yes. And I don't disagree with what he said, as a general observation, if someone else said it.
Ok then.

Mad at him? I don't care that much. He makes his assertions, I see them for what they are and I place that much value on it. When he can actually back up what he said, I'll place more value on it. He hasn't. And when he says something I agree with, I verbalize that as well.

Then be logical. No, you didn't say how every woman was acting, that is why I asked the question.

Again, what does "every woman" do? Can you even answer that with any semblance of fact or truth?

LOL....we don't have he same views and that is my beef. Is this is where the internet has given you a voice, you stated your position and I can't handle it? Okay.

Let's not engage in selective reading here. It does not make you a child. Did you magically become 12 again? No, it makes you LIKE a child, in my opinion.
You were the one who decided to respond to what I had to say.

Yes. I have a right to say what I think, just as you do. I am merely stating my position, but it seems you can't handle it.

So, now we have the right to go around saying who we think is a comedian and who is not?

Nothing special or extraordinary about your line of thinking. I looked them up because I wanted to see if there was a pattern, if perhaps I was too hard on you. Lo and behold......I stand by what I have said.

No, I didn't look at all of them. I don't know that they were all in the relationships forum. It was a list of posts with the first sentence or so of each post provided. It was enough for me.
Yet you claim I am not backing up what I have to say with logic and facts.

You see them as mere responses and examples, those of us who know better see it for what it is and prove the contradictions, with the very words these men post with their own hands, kinda like I'm doing now. No one said you had to agree with it.

NO FAIR! You haven't done it. If you did, you would have seen that I have posted several times to this thread. I have seen over a year's worth of "issues". And, unless you are another one of the usual suspects posting under a different handle ignoring common sense, go ahead and read the many threads on this subject. Don't just jump in, telling me not to jump in, defending the "we", without taking the time to do so.

Ah, yes, this is a classic. You go against the grain and have the balls to speak your mind. You are a forward thinker. I know.

Are you saying you didn't mean for your posts to come off that way? There are an awful lot of accidents, if that's the case.

Now, even I can see that, based on that one statement alone. Maybe it is just a coincidence that you both think along the same lines. This kind of thing is pretty common.

Okay, maybe you don't hate them. But it is clear you don't like them. These send a completely different message than "Plus, in my book, ALL FEMALES AND MALES ARE NOT THE SAME."
Let me be clear that I hate the destructive behavior that many women cause, just as I do with men. The OP asked about an anti-woman sentiment going on in this board. There are people who interpret where some men are coming from as being anti-women, just for trying to bring balance into the equation. If that makes me dislike women in your book, then YOU are the one acting childish.
I am sure your assumptions give you more credit. I could write more, really but I am done, you can dissect more anyway you want to. If you consider this a win go on right ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships