U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
 
4,838 posts, read 5,121,945 times
Reputation: 2906

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Are you talking about now? I'd say that marriage still favors men more. Studies have shown men benefit healthwise, from healthy, long term relationships.
There have been a lot of intelligent posts on this site discussing how correlation doesn't equal causation.

For you I'll phrase it: Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:07 PM
 
3,441 posts, read 4,991,600 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Gee, thanks for cutting me off there. BTW, you want matriarchy? When was the last matriarchal society of any note? That's right, they never existed. Egypt fell under the rule of Cleopatra. Sparta in many ways was a matriarchy and was ultimately conquered despite their skilled armies.

Patriarchy works which is why it exists.
Egypt fell under the rule of Cleopatra? No. Egypt deteriorated over centuries due to a series of invasions from the Asiatics, the Arabs, and then the Caucasians.


As far as patriarchal system, well it works for the Caucasians, and I have no disagreement with that; I'm more or less speaking for myself and African people who did utilize the matriarchal system for thousands of years.

Bibliography:

Amazon.com: Destruction of Black Civilization : Great Issues of a Race from 4500 B.C to 2000 A.D. (9780883780305): Chancellor Williams: Books
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
 
3,441 posts, read 4,991,600 times
Reputation: 2317
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I am happily spoken for, but I am not unusual.

See, there's one benefit of the women's movement- women discovered their O and enjoy sex just as much as a man because of it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:13 PM
 
3,261 posts, read 2,880,373 times
Reputation: 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Interesting points on the other stuff but because women vote and has a lesser sense of justice as I commented before, politicians are able to woe female voters with anti-male laws even as some men think that maybe those laws are actually just. Men, especially manginas, do share some blame.

That said, we can still hold to task people who commit evil. If I am able to break into someone's house because they unlocked the door, am I less evil even though the other person is partially to blame? No.

Lastly, all you men who put the "highest market value" on young women in their prime breeding years, need to ask what you think is fair compensation for a women who loses those years while raising children, caring for her houselhold and supporting her husband, only to later be cheated on or left for a younger woman?

Cute strawman arguement. I don't think anyone has prorposed your above scenario. Instead, what we want is that if the wife is the cheater or files without cause, that she not be rewarded as the current systems allows with alimony, child custody and support, at least half the assets even if she did not a thing to earn them, etc...
Talk about a circuitous argument: women are at fault for benefitting from laws, legislated by a majority of men, who were elected by catering to women, who they know vote in higher numbers, despite the fact that there are an equal number of men in the US
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM
 
1,325 posts, read 1,174,686 times
Reputation: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Male Sense of Entitlement syndrome. I too have noticed an uptick in misogyny (if that's even possible) in our society (both on TV/movies and in real life interacting with various people), and if you saw any of the highly offensive Super Bowl ads this year you would see that they reflect how pathetic, frightened, and emasculated many of today's men clearly feel.

Heh. Check out all of the commercials and shows where men are shown to be royal idiots fit only to be brow beaten or humiliated by their wives. Or JC Penny's doghouse commecials where men give a woman a poor gift and he is tosses into a dog house where he is lambasted.

Their bitterness and anger at losing their power status is palpable. This has been boiling over for a while now and it's only getting worse. For instance, one of today's stories is how a woman was severely beaten in a bar because she spurned a man's advances.

Of course we are bitter because so much is being TAKEN from us (via the family courts and governments), we are blamed for every misdeed yet receive no credit for the wonderful works we perform, and we are shamed via political correctness if we say anything about it.

We're tired of it. If women truly want equality for example, fine. Kill every single program out there are is not gender neutral. Shrink government so that it's out of our lives save for things like national defense since after all you don't need the government- you're a strong and empowered women, correct?

BTW, yes men have done many bad things and white men in particularly. Guess what: we are also responsible for many goods thngs as well. In general, men are those who go out, take risks, and make things HAPPEN! Sometimes that dreamer is Einstein. Sometimes he's Charles Manson.

Women are free today if they want to step up, take risk, and create something but I don't see this. Instead, they are too busy trying to take over existing institutions via the law. Look at some Scandavian nations where the law requires a certain percentage of women of women sit on the board and they recieve tax payer benefits if this happens. The male taxpayers SHOULD be upset. If a woman is as good as a man, let her create as a man does rather than use the courts to bully her way into something she did not create.

Young White Men: Scared, Entitled, and Cynical -- a Deadly Combination

Male despair and mail-order brides

Hugo? God, he's a mangina of the first order. This is really about women being scared that men are outsourcing their desires to other nations. Why should American women even care that some men are seeking foreign brides? After all, you don't want him, right? If you did, surely you wouldn't have put him on the shelf until you were in your mid to late 30's and OMG I NEED A HUSBAND/SUCKER/SPERM DONOR!!!

God forbid that men have sexual options besides begging and scrapping for a woman. Oh wait, they do because:
1. prostitution is legal, creating more dangerous (both both john and prostitute) illegal hooking
2. feminists seek to outlaw porn because it supposedly leads to sexual violence even though statistically the opposite appears to be true, i.e. as the internet exploded and porn became more readily available (we are talking by orders of magnitide) rape has decreased
3. passing the IMBRA act which requires men to give highly sensitive information out before they can contact foreign women over international dating services
4. mazes of red tape that make bringing foreign wives to the US difficult
5. making it illegal for a US citizen to use sex services in other nations even if it is PERFECTLY LEGAL in those other nations.
6. oh yeah, tey hate pickup too and claim it doesn't work...
Best post of the day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Talk about a circuitous argument: women are at fault for benefitting from laws, legislated by a majority of men, who were elected by catering to women, who they know vote in higher numbers, despite the fact that there are an equal number of men in the US
That about sums it up. What you don't seem to realize is how powerful the women's lobby is in DC. For example, look at what happened in NY when there was allegations the governor smacked his gf (or was it his wife?). No charges, no lawsuit, nada, just a he said/she said situation. NOW came down on him like a bag of hammers and got him to step down because of the political weight they brought to bear. That's one of the reasons so many misandrist laws have been passed. Often when someone criticizes feminists "studies" they're framed as women haters and get the likes of NOW all riled up which forces people back in line. Meanwhile the errors, half-truths, and in some case outright fabrications that these laws are based on gets overlooked and slides right on by. In some cases, such as Carrol Giligan, much of her reasearch was never even examined. They just took her word for it and the media ran with it. Fast forward a few years later and we've got laws based on her take one what was going on at the time. Now we know better and it's boys who are in fact being "short changed" and "without a voice". Now you know why VAWA and much of the pro-girl educational initiatives of the 90s and 00s came to be. Women needs to drop the victim act and stop propagating the misinformation regarding DV, rape, and the wage gap and class ceiling myths that feminists lobby on. The large majority of what they say is utter garbage and people need to realize that criticizing them isn't hating women, it's merely calling a spade a spade.

Last edited by Nutz76; 03-11-2010 at 05:33 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
1,418 posts, read 1,202,910 times
Reputation: 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
i dont get why women, treat us men with so much bitterness and hate and expect love in return. like most womanly ideas it is non-sense
hmmm...why would women be bitter toward men who think their ideas are all nonsense? (Hint- the guys who know the answer to that are NOT being treated badly by women.)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 05:45 PM
 
1,325 posts, read 1,174,686 times
Reputation: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
Gee, thanks for cutting me off there. BTW, you want matriarchy? When was the last matriarchal society of any note? That's right, they never existed. Egypt fell under the rule of Cleopatra. Sparta in many ways was a matriarchy and was ultimately conquered despite their skilled armies.

Patriarchy works which is why it exists. If you want matriarchy, look at Detroit where it's all single mothers and bastard children. Now take away those government checks....
Well said. This is why socialism fails. The Detroit example is a great case study in where we're heading as we A) outsource more of our jobs, B) women reproduce without consequence and rely on Aunt Samantha* for support, since, you know, they "don't need a man". The article that was posted the other day from the UK explaining how more and more women are taking to mooching off the govt because the handouts are so good is an example of where things are headed throughout western society. However, what people don't seem to realize is that when we hit a tipping point, more and more people stop feeding the system. How are all those single mothers going to keep collecting those govt handouts when the govt doesn't have enough money for all it's special programs? It either raises taxes through the room further alienating upstanding citizens (which will force even more to go expat), or they cut back on those handouts. We are about to hit the tipping point nearly every world power has hit in history. Rome, Iraq, etc. They all enjoyed great prosperity, which lead to philanthropy, which led to entitlement, which lead to socialsm, which lead to collapse. We're half way there.


*Uncle Sam had a sex change when we flipped from Patriarchy to Matriarchy. Actually I
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 PM
 
3,261 posts, read 2,880,373 times
Reputation: 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
That about sums it up. What you don't seem to realize is how powerful the women's lobby is in DC. For example, look at what happened in NY when there was allegations the governor smacked his gf (or was it his wife?). No charges, no lawsuit, nada, just a he said/she said situation. NOW came down on him like a bag of hammers and got him to step down because of the political weight they brought to bear. That's one of the reasons so many misandrist laws have been passed. Often when someone criticizes feminists "studies" they're framed as women haters and get the likes of NOW all riled up which forces people back in line. Meanwhile the errors, half-truths, and in some case outright fabrications that these laws are based on gets overlooked and slides right on by. In some cases, such as Carrol Giligan, much of her reasearch was never even examined. They just took her word for it and the media ran with it. Fast forward a few years later and we've got laws based on her take one what was going on at the time. Now we know better and it's boys who are in fact being "short changed" and "without a voice". Now you know why VAWA and much of the pro-girl educational initiatives of the 90s and 00s came to be. Women needs to drop the victim act and stop propagating the misinformation regarding DV, rape, and the wage gap and class ceiling myths that feminists lobby on. The large majority of what they say is utter garbage and people need to realize that criticizing them isn't hating women, it's merely calling a spade a spade.
Governor Paterson did not resign, regardless of what NOW wants. (BTW, the Democratic party themselves can't wait to get rid of Paterson).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
 
11 posts, read 22,608 times
Reputation: 14
Paterson will get a pass from NOW so long as he remains pro-abortion. The rest of the Democratic Party can't wait to get rid of him though.

Regarding this debate otherwise, it's pointless to argue the issue with women, as they they do not have the capacity for rational or logical thought. Ever see the movie Finding Nemo? The women would be the seagulls whose entire vocabulary and mindset consists of one word: MINE.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-11-2010, 06:37 PM
 
19,081 posts, read 12,354,586 times
Reputation: 13233
"First I've seen that one. Maybe someone over there should make a thread about all the desperate women here making threads about hating men. Would that be fair? That's what women here sound like when they resort to shaming attempts like you just did. Remember, they're bitter and jaded for good reason. Misogynists aren't born, they're made. Don't want men going their own way and being all negative like that then do your part and check your sisters when they get all "princess mentality", cop an entitlement attitude, cheat, or try to take their ex's to the cleaners."

I believe this sentiment, which is stratified, is at the heart of the matter here on CD. <<< take a look at that...CD.

To start, there is superimposing going on, which no doubt confuses the poster. He (general he) is miserable and assumes the women here must be just as miserable or he will at least try to make them just as miserable. Next, he (general he) assumes incorrectly that somebody doesn't want him going his own way. It's quite the contrary, really. Then the "made not born" charge is made to exclude all sense of personal responsibility if anyone has a doubt. Finally, it is suggested that the women on this board should take the responsibility of contending with the women he (general he) encounters. It doesn't matter that the women on this board may not come across the type of women he engages (they may reside in an alternative social class, scene, etc). There's a demand just the same that we actually go to the bump & grind clubs, be tortured with the top 40 mind-numbing cr&p polluting the air ways, and talk sense into young girls (those thumbing their noses at him [general him]) we have nothing in common with.

When all of this nonsense is met only with the raise of a brow, a hand and a scoff, the $0.50 playbook surfaces and copy/paste commences.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top