Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin_kernel View Post
I guess that's the difference between you and me. You see...I can't wait for your scenario to actually happen.
NEWS FLASH: It already happened, and it's already here. An enemy can be foreign AND/OR DOMESTIC. People forget the domestic part! Guess people are too busy worrying about "terrorist" who live in caves in 6000mi away.

I make it more clear, the United States is a private foreign corporation!

My source:
Team Law

Click on "historical outline" or "history of this nation" to the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 03:51 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
I suppose a smart man would invent a plastic mannequin with soft fuzzy shoulders to capitalize on this issue.
I hear they have

Old 03-12-2010, 03:53 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Spot on. It's really bizarre. I came of age in scene with the mantra "Turn on, tune in, drop out".
That was started by a guy called Timothy Leary in conjunction with the CIA and other government agency groups who were experimenting with LSD (and other drugs) and it's effects on the human populace.

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
1) Your numbers are way out of whack. ($50k "luxury shopping"?)

SOME women are gold diggers. SOME men are only looking for a trophy.
As long as you and your potential mate are not one of those you should be fine.

2) Your concept of happiness is way out of whack.

Most people want to love and be loved. Most people want unconditional acceptance. Most people want to share with each other and make a family. Most people realize that life is full of risks, but you only get back as much as you give.
Hi vicket,

Look at it economically. The futures market is all about having a set price. Producers don't like floating prices and would rather have someone else take the risk. If I had to plan a party between 1-100 people I would need to plan for 100. If someone offered to take a 50 people contract then I need to pay only for 50 while he either wins with less than 50 or loses with more than 50.

There is economic value to a fixed price. Also, I suppose some men can compartmentalize children and their desire for intimacy. It is twisted but that is the economic behind it. Some single women are already headed for the sperm banks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Spot on. It's really bizarre. I came of age in scene with the mantra "Turn on, tune in, drop out". I did, thank goodness. I can't fathom taking my short time being alive and cultivating anger and suffering with the media as a guiding light. It's cliche to say "scary times", but fitting.
$hit. You're older than me. You were "active" when marriage actually worked.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:54 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I gradually came to realize is that they are much more comfortable being victims and there is little in modern society that tells them that this a losing proposition, in the long term. They don't want solutions to their relationship problems. They want a way to make an impossible situation good and a shoulder to cry on.
Oh, the irony....

Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi vicket,

Look at it economically. The futures market is all about having a set price. Producers don't like floating prices and would rather have someone else take the risk. If I had to plan a party between 1-100 people I would need to plan for 100. If someone offered to take a 50 people contract then I need to pay only for 50 while he either wins with less than 50 or loses with more than 50.

There is economic value to a fixed price. Also, I suppose some men can compartmentalize children and their desire for intimacy. It is twisted but that is the economic behind it. Some single women are already headed for the sperm banks.
Gwynedd, you are excellent at pointing out the harsh realities of how biology determines A LOT of human behavior. Whether I like how biology treats men or women doesn't matter. But we are (or should be) MORE than our biology. Wanting to build a family with someone puts BOTH parties at risk.
What these men don't realize is that divorce happens to good women, too. And they are usually even more at a disadvantage. (harder to find a mate, less earning potential, more child burden issues)
I understand the money aspect. But money is only one of the losses in a divorce.
Everybody loses.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Shoot...I am very observant and I realized all that before I was even a teenager.
I was naive until I was in my 30s. There was no divorce in my family. (eleven cousins, 10 married, 2 siblings married - no divorce)
Even then, I thought that it was all the fault of men, for many years.

MSM still presents this version, almost exclusively.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:14 PM

[LEFT]Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck
I gradually came to realize is that they are much more comfortable being victims and there is little in modern society that tells them that this a losing proposition, in the long term. They don't want solutions to their relationship problems. They want a way to make an impossible situation good and a shoulder to cry on.

[/LEFT]
Quote:
Oh, the irony....
Men call it reality, dear. Not pretty but that's the way it is.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Gwynedd, you are excellent at pointing out the harsh realities of how biology determines A LOT of human behavior. Whether I like how biology treats men or women doesn't matter. But we are (or should be) MORE than our biology. Wanting to build a family with someone puts BOTH parties at risk.
What these men don't realize is that divorce happens to good women, too. And they are usually even more at a disadvantage. (harder to find a mate, less earning potential, more child burden issues)
I understand the money aspect. But money is only one of the losses in a divorce.
Everybody loses.
Hi vicket,

That why I point out the biology. They are intimately linked to addictions. As a matter of fact, addictions are the complete tearing asunder of the human psyche. As with addictions, we need to admit that biology exists. If we don't even acknowledge they exist, how do we defeat their ill effects? Our sensual desires can become our enemies, and so many people want to blind themselves to them.

Our sensual taste for sweet has people injecting themselves with hormones and grossly over weight. This is not far from where we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships