Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 08:53 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,402,544 times

Advertisements

Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment. Why the need to blame an entire gender for the bad behavior or bad experiences with a few? I've heard that women are notorious for "man-bashing"(which is inexcusable as well) but all I see on here as of late is the opposite with thread topics of exhorting men to "never get married", plus the usual "women are superficial gold-diggers". Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old? I have personally had some very negative and hurtful experiences with men, but I would NEVER blame the male gender for my problems or hold any group or even any individual responsible for the foul acts of a few men. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 08:57 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,380,473 times
It's closed to Valentine's Day and I'm ticked off I don't have a date.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,263,018 times
I think women are getting a taste of their own medicine (bashing).

Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 AM

622 posts, read 1,276,279 times
Cuz its all true

Old 02-04-2010, 09:05 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,220,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I think women are getting a taste of their own medicine (bashing).
"A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle"

"All men are rapists"

Old 02-04-2010, 09:08 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,577,073 times
lilred0005 wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
I've been thinking the exact same thing and I've come to the conclusion that this forum seems to be a magnet for quite a few guys who are blaming women in general for their own personal problems. It doesn't surprise me that if somebody is constantly spouting off some juvenile nonsense about women that this attitude in their daily lives is going to come across very poorly when they interact with them.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:10 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,099,452 times
per OP

its called cause and effect. its called the awakening.and also karma.
42 million divorces since 1975 --70% filed by women.
once again the guy gets punched in the face and then she complains about his hemophilia.
when the awakening occurs the name calling begins and the female card gets played, help help damsel in distress. mysogynes mysogynes.
i love it ---if you give a greek name mysogyne or misandry (the game gets played both ways) to someone, that means they are mentally ill and there is nothing wrong with your behavior.
we have become a nation of name callers oblivious to our own bad behavior.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-04-2010 at 09:25 AM..

Old 02-04-2010, 09:11 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,263,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
"A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle"

"All men are rapists"
Sure. And they watch Barney and Baby Lamb Chops secretly.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:11 AM

20,571 posts, read 19,227,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment. Why the need to blame an entire gender for the bad behavior or bad experiences with a few? I've heard that women are notorious for "man-bashing"(which is inexcusable as well) but all I see on here as of late is the opposite with thread topics of exhorting men to "never get married", plus the usual "women are superficial gold-diggers". Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old? I have personally had some very negative and hurtful experiences with men, but I would NEVER blame the male gender for my problems or hold any group or even any individual responsible for the foul acts of a few men. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
Hi lilred0005,

I told you. The complaints are from career achieving women and a good 50% of the men at the bottom of the heap. When 1 man is juggling 3 women there are not enough women to go around. When a women makes 150k a year, there are not enough men for her around.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,421,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I've been thinking the exact same thing and I've come to the conclusion that this forum seems to be a magnet for quite a few guys who are blaming women in general for their own personal problems. It doesn't surprise me that if somebody is constantly spouting off some juvenile nonsense about women that this attitude in their daily lives is going to come across very poorly when they interact with them.
100% agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships