Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2010, 12:21 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment. Why the need to blame an entire gender for the bad behavior or bad experiences with a few? I've heard that women are notorious for "man-bashing"(which is inexcusable as well) but all I see on here as of late is the opposite with thread topics of exhorting men to "never get married", plus the usual "women are superficial gold-diggers". Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old? I have personally had some very negative and hurtful experiences with men, but I would NEVER blame the male gender for my problems or hold any group or even any individual responsible for the foul acts of a few men. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
Can't speak for all the other men, here.

I don't hate women. I'm not anti-women.

But, please tell me when and where there's no women slamming men and stereotyping men in general. Women do it ALL the time. And much of their statments don't exactly fall into a "loving" catagory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 01:34 PM

118 posts, read 282,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ahh, but then there's ladies as well. The reason I've always taken issue with these sweeping statements is because I felt charged simply because of my gender. I work F/T. I don't have a simple office job either. I'm putting my dh through college so his dreams can be realized. My credit and my job bought us our home, everything in it, our insurance and supports us and our pets (and hopeful future children if they come). But, you marry a less than stellar person and all women have to be held responsible? That's boloney.

There are plenty of women like me out there; women willing to sacrifice whatever they have to for their loved ones. There's probably good reason why you and yours did not and do not attract these types of women and I am certain the blame does not reside with them/me.
Your post made very little sense, especially the last paragraph. Are you being presumptuous about me? I really don't understand the point you're trying to make. When a woman is involved in an argument however, they rarely make much sense. Especially if they're wrong. Usually the argument degrades to the point of name-calling, foul language, nonsensical ranting, and anti-male rhetoric. I suspect that's where this argument is headed, since never in my life have I had a rational, well-spirited debate with a female that ended civilly.

Old 02-15-2010, 01:35 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epitathpunk View Post
Your post made very little sense, especially the last paragraph. Are you being presumptuous about me? I really don't understand the point you're trying to make. When a woman is involved in an argument however, they rarely make much sense. Especially if they're wrong. Usually the argument degrades to the point of name-calling, foul language, nonsensical ranting, and anti-male rhetoric. I suspect that's where this argument is headed, since never in my life have I had a rational, well-spirited debate with a female that ended civilly.
people in glass houses...

Old 02-15-2010, 02:00 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,885 times
Quote:
Don't you have to see someone before you can say see ya? I guess my post wasn't simple enough.
Ooops. I hit the rep button instead of the reply. Didnt want you to think someone actually repped you for such a lame comeback.

Old 02-15-2010, 02:51 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Your post made very little sense, especially the last paragraph. Are you being presumptuous about me?
Presumptuous? You just shared your dirty laundry on a public board. There is no reason to presume anything. You put it out there along with a rant targeting a gender.

Quote:
I really don't understand the point you're trying to make.
My point is that likes couple with likes. Why you chose, or could only get, a "pig" to marry is telling about you, not an entire gender. Of course, that point will be lost on you. It always is with people that skirt personal responsibility.

Quote:
When a woman is involved in an argument however, they rarely make much sense. Especially if they're wrong.
Wrong about what exactly? I'm not aruging that you did not have a trashy marriage. I'm sure you did. I'm arguing that not all women are like your ex and not all men are like you. Simple enough and it's the truth.

Quote:
Usually the argument degrades to the point of name-calling, foul language, nonsensical ranting, and anti-male rhetoric. I suspect that's where this argument is headed, since never in my life have I had a rational, well-spirited debate with a female that ended civilly.
That's really funny. This little gem of rhetoric following your ridiculous rant about your ex who you called a pig. Do you have any idea how full of your own cr*p you are? You couldn't reason your way out of wet paper bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Ooops. I hit the rep button instead of the reply. Didnt want you to think someone actually repped you for such a lame comeback.
Now you let people know, instead, that it's a tackle for you to maneuver yourself around a message board. Sorry, not impressed.

Any way, comeback? The fact remains that not all of us reside in the emotionally stunted trailer park from which you reign. Rest assured, any woman interested in you, and your play mates, will be of low quality. Is that really a surprise? The fact that the women on this board, good women, have to be exposed to so much garbage is sad. You don't have the sense to seek counseling. You don't have the sense to seek out a mens forum. You point fingers at strangers that had nothing to do with making your lives what they are.

Last edited by Braunwyn; 02-15-2010 at 03:07 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 03:19 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,885 times
Quote:
Presumptuous? You just shared your dirty laundry on a public board. There is no reason to presume anything. You put it out there along with a rant targeting a gender.

My point is that likes couple with likes. Why you chose, or could only get, a "pig" to marry is telling about you, not an entire gender. Of course, that point will be lost on you. It always is with people that skirt personal responsibility.

Wrong about what exactly? I'm not aruging that you did not have a trashy marriage. I'm sure you did. I'm arguing that not all women are like your ex and not all men are like you. Simple enough and it's the truth.

That's really funny. This little gem of rhetoric following your ridiculous rant about your ex who you called a pig. Do you have any idea how full of your own cr*p you are? You couldn't reason your way out of wet paper bag.

Now you let people know, instead, that it's a tackle for you to maneuver yourself around a message board. Sorry, not impressed.

Any way, comeback? The fact remains that not all of us reside in the emotionally stunted trailer park from which you reign. Rest assured, any woman interested in you, and your play mates, will be of low quality. Is that really a surprise? The fact that the women on this board, good women, have to be exposed to so much garbage is sad. You don't have the sense to seek counseling. You don't have the sense to seek out a mens forum. You point fingers at strangers that had nothing to do with making your lives what they are.

Didn't you just attack someone for calling you presumptuous? And now you turn around and PRESUME that I live in a trailer park? Or that no women are interested in me or my "playmates"? Or that all the women on here are "good"? Hmmmmm.

Well I for one am not a snob and assume people are of lesser quality because they live in a trailer park. That being said I live in a very, very nice home and make a very good living. I try not to make assumptions. I could assume that your a bitter hag based on your posts. But that would be against my nature. So I wont do that.

I have noticed that if any posts detracts from women in any way you lash out with a nonsensical rant. If you read back the last few pages you will notice that there are several people on here that have had to respond to your ridiculous posts.

You see even when people are attempting to have a rational conversation on here you let your emotion get the better of you and respond with nonsense. You are basically making epitathpunk's point for him. Maybe you should read your past posts before responding to others. Anyway have a wonderful evening.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
You see even when people are attempting to have a rational conversation on here you let your emotion get the better of you and respond with nonsense. You are basically making epitathpunk's point for him. Maybe you should read your past posts before responding to others. Anyway have a wonderful evening.
A-men. I rest my case.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Didn't you just attack someone for calling you presumptuous?
No, I was blunt because he stated that my mental faculties are compromised because I have female bits. Because he's a bigot. Bigots are treated as deserved. Surely, this doesn't need to be explained in more detail.

Quote:
And now you turn around and PRESUME that I live in a trailer park?
Not a physical trailer park, rather the stereotypical essence of one...an allegory.

Quote:
Or that no women are interested in me or my "playmates"? Or that all the women on here are "good"? Hmmmmm.
You'll never find out because, again, it's not as if good women would give you the time of day IRT relationships. It's a catch 22, eh?

Quote:
I have noticed that if any posts detracts from women in any way you lash out with a nonsensical rant. If you read back the last few pages you will notice that there are several people on here that have had to respond to your ridiculous posts.
I need this translated. That have had to respond to what? My posts? Do you have a virtual gun to your head? Ya know, my initial response in this round of the conversation was positive. I stated, instead of being offended by bigots targeting an entire gender, perhaps it would be best to take the position that they are speaking of their tribe. You have a problem with mom, sis, daughter, wife, ex-wife? That does not have to include all women, hence womyn. Your see ya implies that I, or womyn like me, were members of your circle to begin with. That's simply not the case. I think that's reasonable.

Quote:
You see even when people on here are attempting to have a rational conversation on here you let your emotion get the better of you and respond with nonsense. You are basically making epitathpunk's point for him. Maybe you should read your past posts before responding to others. Anyway have a wonderful evening.
I read his rant about his pig. I have no doubt that you think it's right as rain. But, I doubt you really understand what the word rational means. A hysterical rant coupled with bigotry is not rational and it's completely emotional. You and yours are so jaded that you cannot see straight.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:36 PM

Quote:
A-men. I rest my case.
You rest your case in your divorce while living with mom and dad. Yea, it's really working out for you, isn't it? Of course, it's all somebody else's fault. I can't imagine going through life like that. Successful people take responsibility for their lives. Period.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noela View Post
people in glass houses...
....Shouldn't throw stones? Yes. I've heard that many, many times. You live in Europe, lady. I don't know you. You don't know me. How in the F would you know anything about me?

Men, here is yet another example of what I'm talking about. I don't live in a "glass house", and even if I did, "noela" wouldn't have a damn clue. Therefore, she is being blatantly presumptuous. Presumptuousness on behalf of a woman in an argument, is usually a precursor to the complete disintegration of their self-control. This is why women don't rule the world. If they did, they'd destroy the planet with nuclear weapons over the first trade dispute.

This is why the whole notion of feminism is so absurd. Women do just fine, until they're faced with any sort of personal failure. At that point it becomes a man's problem somehow. No accountability, and they'll never admit that they're wrong. Inferiority must suck. I'm glad I'm a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships