Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2010, 10:58 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,392,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
If you're just trying to get laid I'm surprised you get any responses period since that's one of the main complaints about men on the dating sites. Women sniff that out in a heartbeat.
Ya, it smells like Zinc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:05 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,156,595 times
Quote:
If you're just trying to get laid I'm surprised you get any responses period since that's one of the main complaints about men on the dating sites. Women sniff that out in a heartbeat. I agree with your strategy about getting the phone number asap in my experience emailing back and forth is a waste of time and the woman just loses interest and moves on to another guy. For some reason talking on the phone makes you more "real" to women.
I never said I was just trying to get laid, I was using that as an example and YES, both men and women use dating sites for getting a ***** buddy as well.

Also, you make it sound like getting laid is such a bad thing and women do not desire sex or something. Women are just more subtle about it. Do you have a weak stomach or something? Believe it or not there are women out there that are totally wrapped up in their careers and really don't want a relationship but they do want to get "tuned up" weekly. I hope I did not break your heart.

Another thing you're doing is ASSUMING all women have a special radar or magical powers and can sniff out guys that only want sex.....WRONG.

If they had this ability, than how come so many single women get "knocked up" and all of a sudden the guy skips town on her? Maybe her sniffer was not working on that day. Because his only agenda was sex.

Please, stop being so naive......

Ron

Old 02-10-2010, 11:15 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,786,399 times
Most women my age (30's) aren't just looking for a bed buddy if you believe that you've watched too many movies, television, or MTV shows about cougars or something. A lot of guys have skewed views of dating, sex, and relationships there's many reasons for this and it's very sad really. The women that fall for players, get knocked up by players, and fall for guys that just want sex are morons in my eyes but that's a whole other thread. It's very obvious when a guy just wants sex the guy is usually humping her leg before the end of the first date. Don't try to go toe to toe with a smart woman, you'll never fool her. They've seen every game a guy has.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:17 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,156,595 times
Quote:
Most women my age (30's) aren't just looking for a bed buddy if you believe that you've watched too many movies, television, or MTV shows about cougars or something. A lot of guys have skewed views of dating, sex, and relationships there's many reasons for this. The women that fall for players and guys that just want sex are morons in my eyes but that's a whole other thread. It's very obvious when a guy just wants sex the guy is usually humping her leg before the end of the first date. Don't try to go toe to toe with a smart woman, you'll never fool her. They've seen every game a guy has.
Hey, I never said MOST women........you're totally misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Let's end it here. You're not even attempting to understand. I guess that's why you're asking questions about High maintenance women, because you've got it all figured out........hahahaha.

LOL.....funny guy you are.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 AM

I understand what you're saying I just don't associate with that type of woman which is one reason I used to use eharmony since most of the women that use it are looking for a long term relationship.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:26 AM

54,485 posts, read 33,814,716 times
I'm a little skeptical about "online dating", probably because it didn't work to my expectations. I know I was with Yahoo Personals (off and on) up until the end of 2006, and I remember the very first response I got was in July or August of 2003, from a gal in Russia. To make a long story short, she turned out to be a scam. I was told by friends and co-workers that many such women would lead American and European men on, only for financial gains, nothing else. Thank God I didn't fall for what she was setting up. I got other responses from other Russian women, and I didn't even bother responding to them.

I also joined a company that sets up Christian singles, I paid close to $1,400, and that was a waste, mainly because of the website they operated, not the women.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I'm a little skeptical about "online dating", probably because it didn't work to my expectations. I know I was with Yahoo Personals (off and on) up until the end of 2006, and I remember the very first response I got was in July or August of 2003, from a gal in Russia. To make a long story short, she turned out to be a scam. I was told by friends and co-workers that many such women would lead American and European men on, only for financial gains, nothing else. Thank God I didn't fall for what she was setting up. I got other responses from other Russian women, and I didn't even bother responding to them.

I also joined a company that sets up Christian singles, I paid close to $1,400, and that was a waste, mainly because of the website they operated, not the women.
Not to worry, Mike! When you and I retire, we can get together somewhere in the (cheap) middle of nowhere in between and make sure we wear our respective diapers! My first choice is a beach shack, though, so you keep looking, just in case!

Then again... I'm a damn foreigner... lol

Old 02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,897,019 times
Quote:

So you were fooled by a response from a russian lady??-lol

Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:

Ugh Mike you should of done some research first the Russian and Asian woman scam online is old and has been around forever. They will tell you things like they need money for a passport or whatever and then you never hear from them again.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,164,146 times
i'm still waiting for the king of nigeria to pay me back

that guy is a jerk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships