Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:46 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I will have a stab at answering your question.

The custom of the man paying when dating or courting goes back thousands of years and was meant to demonstrate the man could, not to mention willing, to provide.

Ladies, if the man suggests you pay for your meal when dating dump him now he is worthless as a prospective mate. If he isn't willing to pay for a $20 meal when courting how will this cheap, selfish moron be as a provider (that is bringing home the food and providing the shelter) when babies have happened and his costs go up 100 fold?

The short answer is he won't stick around. Selfish men never do because it is always about them.

My old fashioned thoughts on dating.

Ladies, don't bother looking for Mr. Right concentrating instead of being Miss Right and Mr. Right will find you. Never settle, it is better to live alone forever than to settle.

When Mr. Right shows up make sure he is of the character that will keep him by you for the long run. You got to seriously ask yourself if this is the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with and if not them dump him. Time is precious so don't waste any of it.

Gentlemen, sex don't last but cooking does. I am not knocking sex at all, it's great, but you are an idiot if you allow sex to be at the top of the list because more important things will come along.

Like your children. What you should ask is "what kind of mother will the lady be to your children?" Is she lazy or energetic?

Would you have her as your best friend ever? Very important question because if you can be best friends great sex will happen.

Is she level headed with money? Nothing ends love faster than the bill collector showing up at the house.

And ladies, never, ever move in and live with a guy hoping that marriage might happen. 90% of the time it is a bad move so don't play house without a ring.

Ladies, is the man a wounded duck? Dump him, you can not repair wounded ducks and your love will not cure laziness, drunkenness or a drug abuser. With marriage and children you can bet chances are he will just get worse.

Has the man ever been physically threatening even if he hasn't hurt you? Dump that bastard yesterday. Tell him to find someone dumb to beat up on.

Think long term because what is important today will not be so important ten or twenty years from now. Long term.

But then idiot women deserve idiot men.

I've been married for 35 years and my biggest single accomplishment in life will be when my wife nears 90 at the end of her life she is able to honestly say "I am happy I married that man 65 years ago."

I think modern society has lost much of what marriage really means. Males and females both have lost what it means. Sad really.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM

272 posts, read 286,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I will have a stab at answering your question.

The custom of the man paying when dating or courting goes back thousands of years and was meant to demonstrate the man could, not to mention willing, to provide.

Ladies, if the man suggests you pay for your meal when dating dump him now he is worthless as a prospective mate. If he isn't willing to pay for a $20 meal when courting how will this cheap, selfish moron be as a provider (that is bringing home the food and providing the shelter) when babies have happened and his costs go up 100 fold?

The short answer is he won't stick around. Selfish men never do because it is always about them.

My old fashioned thoughts on dating.

Ladies, don't bother looking for Mr. Right concentrating instead of being Miss Right and Mr. Right will find you.

When Mr. Right shows up make sure he is of the character that will keep him by you for the long run. You got to seriously ask yourself if this is the guy you want to spend the rest of your life with and if not them dump him. Time is precious so don't waste any of it.

Gentlemen, sex don't last but cooking does. I am not knocking sex at all, it's great, but you are an idiot if you allow sex to be at the top of the list because more important things will come along.

Like your children. What you should ask is "what kind of mother will the lady be to your children?" Is she lazy or energetic?

Would you have her as your best friend ever? Very important question because if you can be best friends great sex will happen.

Is she level headed with money? Nothing ends love faster than the bill collector showing up at the house.

And ladies, never, ever move in and live with a guy hoping that marriage might happen. 90% of the time it is a bad move so don't play house without a ring.

Ladies, is the man a wounded duck? Dump him, you can not repair wounded ducks and your love will not cure laziness, drunkenness or a drug abuser. With marriage and children you can bet chances are he will just get worse.

Has the man ever been physically threatening even if he hasn't hurt you? Dump that bastard yesterday. Tell him to find someone dumb to beat up on.

Think long term because what is important today will not be so important ten or twenty years from now. Long term.

But then idiot women deserve idiot men.
Thousands of years ago, women didn't have any rights. If women want to live like the poor and abused women in old school Afghanistan before the the Taliban was dismantled, then by all means do it.

Women have the same rights as men do. They don't need anyone to provide for them. They can get a decent paying job just like I man can. Therefore that old school BS you posted is outdated.

The boss at my site where I work is a woman, and she gets a $50,000 bonus each month. That's not including her $200,000 a year salary. Do you think she needs a man to take care of her? I seriously doubt. We don't even have to go that extreme. If a woman is earning at least $12 an hour and works 40 hours a week, she still doesn't need a man to take care of her. If she does, then she is living beyond her means.

This is 2010. They days of women not having a right to earn money are long gone. If a woman does meet a man that tells her he wants her to stay at home, then she needs to run. WTF is going to happen when that man gets tired of being with her and trades her up for a younger model. Employers will get a laugh when they check a woman's resume that looks like June Cleaver's work history.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM

190 posts, read 492,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
I despise the rampant misandry in our culture more than you do, but not all women are bad.
Modern man is taken aback by the crisis in which he finds himself. I believe the OP's anger is justified. Many men are outraged by the fact that they have bought into a dysfunctional version of modern manhood, which neither supports a man's ego or makes him attractive to women. At its core, the dysfunctional version of modern manhood suggests that promoting the notion of equality will be rewarded by women. That is, a woman will reciprocate his aim to make humanity better. This my friend is the exception to the rule, but the ideal is still worth promoting. To successfully promote the ideal and develop into a functional man, you have to readjust your perspective, actions, and attitude. Take care of yourself first. Don't support any cause until you take care of #1 first. Remain calm and kind--just don't be a doormat for anyone. Some women will suck the life right out of you if you allow them. Take a break from women; find a manhood affirming hobby in which you can find refuge. Learn more about male archetypes. I recommend a book by Rovert Moore--"The King, Warrior, Magician, Lover." Find male role models. Do your own thing and you'll be a magnet for the right kind of woman. Nevertheless be willing and able to go it alone. Don't complain. NO ONE man or woman deserves abuse--something that neither the outgoing patriarchal society emphasized and something the incoming matriarchal society does not discuss. Teach other men these truths.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:04 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Absolutely not. He must pay for my time.

And sex requires dessert.

You sound 'HOT' Darlin' (ON Fire)...

Old 02-04-2010, 07:06 PM

272 posts, read 286,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
Modern man is taken aback by the crisis in which he finds himself. I believe the OP's anger is justified. Many men are outraged by the fact that they have bought into a dysfunctional version of modern manhood, which neither supports a man's ego or makes him attractive to women. At its core, the dysfunctional version of modern manhood suggests that promoting the notion of equality will be rewarded by women. That is, a woman will reciprocate his aim to make humanity better. This my friend is the exception to the rule, but the ideal is still worth promoting. To successfully promote the ideal and develop into a functional man, you have to readjust your perspective, actions, and attitude. Take care of yourself first. Don't support any cause until you take care of #1 first. Remain calm and kind--just don't be a doormat for anyone. Some women will suck the life right out of you if you allow them. Take a break from women; find a manhood affirming hobby in which you can find refuge. Learn more about male archetypes. I recommend a book by Rovert Moore--"The King, Warrior, Magician, Lover." Find male role models. Do your own thing and you'll be a magnet for the right kind of woman. Nevertheless be willing and able to go it alone. Don't complain. NO ONE man or woman deserves abuse--something that neither the outgoing patriarchal society emphasized and something the incoming matriarchal society does not discuss. Teach other men these truths.
You just made a lot of sense. Co-sign 100%

Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
If a man and woman are getting to know each other or to see if they want to get to know each other, shouldn't the man and woman get separate checks and pay for what they ate and drank? Isn't that only fair?
If I'm going out with a guy it's because HE asked me out. HE wants to spend time with me and get to know me. There is obviously some interest on my part or I wouldn't be going out with him in the first place, but if HE does the asking, and HE picks the restaurant, then HE picks up the check. If he doesn't, it will be our last date.

I'm 41 years old and will not waste my time on a guy who thinks spending $40 or so for dinner is too much. I make a very good salary, and have no intention of being any guy's "sugar momma" I'm not a "gold digger" as I have my own money, nice car, house, etc. but I'm not wasting my time on some guy who has such a bad attitude about dating that he won't even spring for dinner on a first or second date. After that, I'll go dutch, or pick up the tab once in a while but he should still at least offer to pay the majority of the time.

I have never dated a guy who didn't feel the same way. In fact, it kind of amazes me that there are so many guys on this forum who don't want to pay for their date's meal/drink.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:17 PM

17,634 posts, read 22,629,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Absolutely not. He must pay for my time.

And sex requires dessert.

I tried to Rep You Honey...

heehee

Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
Not my experience at all and I venture to say I've been a man a lot longer than you have.

Sorry about your tenuous manhood!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,915 times
Quote:
If a man and woman are getting to know each other or to see if they want to get to know each other, shouldn't the man and woman get separate checks and pay for what they ate and drank? Isn't that only fair?

Sure, it's very simple to get separate checks at McDonald's.....then you can play hide and seek in Playplace. Sounds exciting....no wonder you are on here hatin'!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Quote:
I don't have anything against seeking a relationship with a woman. I just said relationships aren't for me, because they're not worth the time and money. If the rest of the male society wants to waste their money on women, then by all means, they can have fun doing it and I wish them the best of luck.

I would rather spend money on things I actually like doing. I don't like spending a $100 a week on women in order to get rejected and laughed at behind my back. However if other men like that kind of punishment, then more power to them.

That's why it's easier for me to do nice things financially for a women UPFRONT so she can pleasure me, cuddle, talk, and help me relieve stress and then come back next week.

I like that lifestyle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships