U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:51 AM

770 posts, read 636,148 times

Advertisements

No. I'd kill him.

Not trying to act like some psuedo-alpha, and I'm not necessarily proud of that fact. But my ego and sort of generalized way I view the world just couldn't lead me to do what is probably the right thing in this situation.

It would be Hunting Season.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:12 AM

6,771 posts, read 11,043,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'd tell him to shoot me.
And leave your family without a father/son/husband? Interesting.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:23 AM

5,879 posts, read 7,233,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I find that as I get older I'm accused a whole lot more of being a fence sitter because people want a definitive response to something and the older I get the more I know that I know very little of anything. I also know that I can predict what I think I might do but I could be wrong. I think we're all perfectly capable of hypocrisy, I know I am, I also know that I learn from mistakes so I might be wishy washy and uncertain or I might be adamant about something but whether I'm right or wrong, only time will answer that and I'll just have to deal with the fall out one way or another. I do try very hard to be even minded and accepting of whatever course of action a victim (of any atrocity) feels they need to take even if it wouldn't be the course of action I would take.

I guess in relation to the thread topic my concern is always these days that a horrible thing happens to someone and they tell someone else and before you know it they're being brow beaten into a particular course of action because that's what people THINK they should do. When it comes to something like this I have come to the decision that my role would be to be supportive of whatever a victim wants to do regardless of what I think.

(Did that make ANY sense? I'm tired and I have goldfish brain. )

Not trying to get into an argument with you rugged, but it's not possible for a human being to be aware of their surroundings at all times (we do sleep, we get sick, we get overtired, we get innebriated, we get old and senile and we get weak or we have moments of weakness.) and those people who would perpertrate such crimes are well versed in spotting those moments of weakness and using them to their own advantage. That's how things like this happen.
I agree that one should strive to be aware but it's not always possible AND quite apart from that, heaven forbid, that something horrid should happen to you like suggested in the OP BUT if it did, have you thought about the guilt and self loathing that would envelope you if a momentary lapse (and we all have them) allowed for such an event?
Victims beat themselves up ALL THE TIME about what they should have done or how a simple mistake can put them in the path of such people and such horrid circumstances but ultimately THEY ARE NOT THE PROBLEM even if it was a small lapse in judgement or vigilence that got them into the situation.
The only way I would get into a situation like that is if it was a friend or SO or anyone I trusted. The people who would stoop that low will burn for that one. Which I why I don't make or have many new friends. I don't give up trust and let my guard down easily at all. A certain woman knows this?LOL.........

Old 02-06-2010, 07:43 AM

7,844 posts, read 13,852,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
If you are a man and you were raped by another man, would you report it to the authorities or remain silent?
Wouldn't be able to because I'd probably be dead, he'd be dead, or the rape would have been stopped. No way I would allow that to happen without a massive fight which might result in my death depending on the circumstances.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:15 AM

302 posts, read 495,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
[/b] The only way I would get into a situation like that is if it was a friend or SO or anyone I trusted. The people who would stoop that low will burn for that one. Which I why I don't make or have many new friends. I don't give up trust and let my guard down easily at all. A certain woman knows this?LOL.........
Life is full of situations where people will betray our trust. However, I ask what if you don't allow yourself to trust someone and they have been sincere? Where will that leave you?

Although from my own experiences, I find it more and more difficult to trust people for all the hurt that they cause me....

I still have my faith in God that there are good, honest, trustworthy people. Perhaps I am sadly mistaken about that and I just need to get a good dose of reality.....that everyone is evil. Perhaps, I should become cold and heartless, but it is just not who I am so instead I'll suffer at the humility that people cause me when I'm once again disappointed that I've been betrayed

But, I am too stupid to see that And so I allow myself to trust others

Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM

930 posts, read 2,030,566 times
Really stupid question. 98.4% of rapes occur to women. Look it up and educate yourself.

Ask a question that makes sense.

So women, if another woman raped you or kicked you in the vagina would you report it?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:42 AM

53,432 posts, read 68,365,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beena View Post
Really stupid question. 98.4% of rapes occur to women. Look it up and educate yourself.

So women, if another woman raped you or kicked you in the vagina would you report it?
ok, how much time have you spent in san bruno jail friend?
im telling ya what an education. yes it is a stupid and silly question until 4 guys get a hold of you. up til that point you are one tough and sexy guy

Old 02-06-2010, 12:31 PM

6,757 posts, read 4,401,617 times
Quote:

There's a big difference between a rape and a kick. If I couldn't fight the raper woman off or have any chance of getting revenge, yes I'd most likely report it.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:25 PM

3,860 posts, read 6,767,316 times
This is an incorrect statistic.
The figures are that it's around 10-15 % of rape victims are male.

The balance is divided between women, and children.

The figures are estimated, because men will often not report it.

Even based on reported rapes, it's still around 10% male victims.

Perhaps you need to look it up ?

Quote:

Old 02-06-2010, 01:26 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,740,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
This is an incorrect statistic.
The figures are that it's around 10-15 % of rape victims are male.

The balance is divided between women, and children.

The figures are estimated, because men will often not report it.

Even based on reported rapes, it's still around 10% male victims.

Perhaps you need to look it up ?
It was such an ignorant post that I didn't even bother replying to her. It wasn't worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships