U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 01:29 PM

3,860 posts, read 6,764,365 times

Advertisements

I think your post earlier in the thread said it well, unless you are actually in that situation, you will never know what it's like.

Sure, we can all talk a good game, but it's always different when we play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
It was such an ignorant post that I didn't even bother replying to her. It wasn't worth it.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:31 PM

6,771 posts, read 11,040,723 times
I'm going to venture a guess that most men who rape other men are not murdered by their victim. I guess they never ran into any of the men on this forum.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:09 PM

24,757 posts, read 31,035,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
And leave your family without a father/son/husband? Interesting.

If something like that happened to me, I wouldn't be too effective in any of those roles. I'd rather be a dead man than someone who was raped by a male. That's just how it is in my culture.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:09 PM

12,381 posts, read 21,370,408 times
what about the men who are raped by women ? Now as a gay male if i were raped by another man i would report , although i doubt anything would happen. Even i were straight , becuz the other could easily claim it was consensual experimenting, and unlike a female there isn't really any evidence.

~Corey

Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 AM

9,365 posts, read 16,565,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
No. I'd kill him.

Not trying to act like some psuedo-alpha, and I'm not necessarily proud of that fact. But my ego and sort of generalized way I view the world just couldn't lead me to do what is probably the right thing in this situation.

It would be Hunting Season.
So you'd kill a man who raped you, but you'd have sex with one for a million dollars. Would you kill a woman who managed to rape you too?

Old 02-07-2010, 09:54 AM

5,879 posts, read 7,230,588 times
I wouldn't try to kill anyone if I didn't absolutely have to. I would not hesitate if I had to! That is what makes me the responsible man I am. If I could punch the guy first, I would? Most would probably get the message?

Old 02-07-2010, 01:42 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,434,408 times
I have a friend who was raped by a male friend while they were both drinking. They solved it the civil way- by getting all the guy friends together for a good circle kick. Beat the everloving snot out of the guy. Litigation wouldn't have worked because the guy who did it was very wealthy and had the best lawyers in the area. There's no point in reporting it...there is a lot of stigma, and it's a slim chance it would make it to court anyways.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 PM

6,749 posts, read 4,395,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
I have a friend who was raped by a male friend while they were both drinking. They solved it the civil way- by getting all the guy friends together for a good circle kick. Beat the everloving snot out of the guy. Litigation wouldn't have worked because the guy who did it was very wealthy and had the best lawyers in the area. There's no point in reporting it...there is a lot of stigma, and it's a slim chance it would make it to court anyways.
Yes, but the victim is probably dealing with lifelong psychological damage that goes well beyond anything the rapist sustained in his beatdown. A circle kick for a rape isn't really justice. AND he could have reported the beating and gotten those guys arrested.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:16 PM

4,941 posts, read 6,699,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
So you'd kill a man who raped you, but you'd have sex with one for a million dollars. Would you kill a woman who managed to rape you too?

Inquiring minds want to know if this is REALLY possible? Without alcohol, drugs, etc. Can a woman just straight up "take it" from a man?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:23 PM

16,814 posts, read 11,537,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
If you are a man and you were raped by another man, would you report it to the authorities or remain silent?

I am shocked at how many men that I know that said that they wouldn't because of the massive stigma they would have to bear, and the social after effects they would have to live with...

Edit: Lets say that he either drugged you, or there's more than one of them so you can't fight, or kill them before it happens...

And lets say no revenge either, would you report it or not?

yes, and I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships