Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:17 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's one thing to say you'd kill a man, it's another to actually do it or to say you'd die first before they could get to you. Honestly, unless you've been tested before, it's very difficult to say what you would actually do. I've been put to the test in other ways where my or my loved ones safety and well being was at risk, and it's never played out the way you picture it in your head. Fortunately I did the right thing when it counted, but it didn't go down the way I thought it would prior to such an incident. When you are faced with the probability that you could spend the rest of your life in prison with hardened animals who will rape and control you at will once you pass that point of no return, things start to look different, and suddenly you realize that life isn't a Dirty Harry movie, and taking a man's life isn't easy, nor is it cut and dry for what you thought was a compelling reason.

If you think you could handle prison, lock yourself in your bathroom for 23 hours a day with no TV, internet, comfort foods, music, or CONSENSUAL sex with a woman. Pretend that outside of that bathroom are gangs of thugs who would kill you just as quick as look at you, and are eagerly waiting to prey on you when you leave the relative safety of your tiny 6x8 cell. Oh, and when you're trying to sleep at night, crank up some noise, perhaps a recording of grown men shouting and screaming for no good reason. Don't forget to pretend there is someone else in there with you, someone whose funk you have to smell, limited space you have to share, and you will never again have a private moment to yourself...community showers come with the deal too. Do this for one week and see if you don't lose your mind. Then ask if you could do it for eternity under very real and dangerous circumstances. Remember, you'll NEVER touch a woman again, and everything you ever loved, enjoyed, and sought comfort in is gone forever. Still want to take that guys life?

Like I said, I'm not sure how I would eventually cope and how it would all play out in the end, but taking another life adds a whole new dimension to your set of problems.

Couldn't rep you but

I think a lot of men who say they would kill the perpetrator do not realise exactly how damaging rape is and how debilitating. I suspect like most women they would feel shame, and like most female rape victims often even blame themselves. Rape is not just a sexual crime, it is about power, about making the victim feel small and powerless. It destabilises how you view yourself and as macho as some men feel their response would be I suspect most would be so damaged that revenge would probably not even figure on the "programme" , not for a very long time anyway. Many rape victims attempt suicide. Many cannot leave their home for months, sometimes years.

I do wish men would go and report male rapes because all it means is allowing a rapist on the loose and ready to rape again. There is even more of a stigma for male rape than for female rape and this must stop. We must view it equally as a terrible crime and one which must be stopped at all costs.

Many men who are raped are gang raped . A lot of it is about humiliation and abasement and I think it does take a great deal of courage for a man to go to the Police and admit to being raped. And should be not only admired but encouraged.

It is easy to say "I would kill him" when it hasn't happened to you but does not address how rape actually affects human beings regardless of sex. The whole point about rape is to make you less combative , to put you "in your place". And psychologically the effects are so deep that this sort of reaction does not relate to reality.

The reality if rape is not one which can be addressed with facile statements of macho revenge. I am sure most women would say exactly the same thing if they were asked what they would react if raped. The reality is simply different though. Rape destroys the mind. Which is why it is one of the worst crimes around. Because it does kill a person whilst leaving their body ( almost) intact. It is the murder of another human being without the actualy death.

Also if you are victim of rape as a man , kill your perpetrator then go to jail it's also likely you will end up raped again and again when you go to jail... Male rape numbers as intimidation are huge in Prisons.

Rape is used as a weapon of war , a show of force and power and has little to do with sex.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:17 AM

559 posts, read 651,162 times
Let me add my edit to this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
Edit: Lets say that he either drugged you, or there's more than one of them so you can't fight, or kill them before it happens...

And lets say no revenge either, would you report it or not?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:20 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
But lets pretend that you were...
Then my friends would pepper spray his a** and tazer his tootles and take him in.LMAO...........

Old 02-05-2010, 08:20 AM

392 posts, read 1,095,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's one thing to say you'd kill a man, it's another to actually do it or to say you'd die first before they could get to you. Honestly, unless you've been tested before, it's very difficult to say what you would actually do. I've been put to the test in other ways where my or my loved ones safety and well being was at risk, and it's never played out the way you picture it in your head. Fortunately I did the right thing when it counted, but it didn't go down the way I thought it would prior to such an incident. When you are faced with the probability that you could spend the rest of your life in prison with hardened animals who will rape and control you at will once you pass that point of no return, things start to look different, and suddenly you realize that life isn't a Dirty Harry movie, and taking a man's life isn't easy, nor is it cut and dry for what you thought was a compelling reason.

If you think you could handle prison, lock yourself in your bathroom for 23 hours a day with no TV, internet, comfort foods, music, or CONSENSUAL sex with a woman. Pretend that outside of that bathroom are gangs of thugs who would kill you just as quick as look at you, and are eagerly waiting to prey on you when you leave the relative safety of your tiny 6x8 cell. Oh, and when you're trying to sleep at night, crank up some noise, perhaps a recording of grown men shouting and screaming for no good reason. Don't forget to pretend there is someone else in there with you, someone whose funk you have to smell, limited space you have to share, and you will never again have a private moment to yourself...community showers come with the deal too. Do this for one week and see if you don't lose your mind. Then ask if you could do it for eternity under very real and dangerous circumstances. Remember, you'll NEVER touch a woman again, and everything you ever loved, enjoyed, and sought comfort in is gone forever. Still want to take that guys life?

Like I said, I'm not sure how I would eventually cope and how it would all play out in the end, but taking another life adds a whole new dimension to your set of problems.
Since the person who raped me, or a loved one would still need to be free and in public for the said person to have the opportunity to kill, the perception that they are going to return to further rape or kill would be present and real. In reaction to this perceived threat, real or not, a person has a right to defend themselves. Perception is reality when it comes to a threat. I also would likely not be in my normal state of mind, due to having been raped. Given the fact I would have been brutally raped once by this person and they are still loose, it would be my rightful duty to protect myself and my family, by any means necessary. If I sought this person, confronted them and they showed any aggression towards me, I would rightfully protect myself accordingly.

Based on these sequence of events, I am likely going to only face lower ranking murder or perhaps even manslaughter charges. I would likely face state charges which would make me eligible for parole at 1/3 time served. I would likely gain SOME sympathy from a judge who might share some understanding for being Butt raped by a savage, brutal demonic human being. I might get a sentence of 6-20 years and be out in 2-10.

So yes, it would be worth it and yes, I would hunt down who ever raped me, or a loved one and confront them.

I've said it many times on these forums. I have no sympathy for those who rape or kill in cold blood, or molest children. I believe in second chances and do believe MOST people are capable or learning for their bad choices in life. But all studies show, that those who rape, or target children are not capable of reform.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:21 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
But lets pretend that you were...
Doubt you're going to get a rational answer, just people thinking they could control the situation, who can't put themselves in the shoes of what happens to people every day. Most rape victims would love to snuff out their perps but it just doesn't work out that way in real life.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:23 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Rape is disgusting in all forms and I can't even seperate emotion from it to answer it without vengeance. I believe if a woman is raped should be allowed to shoot the guy in the gut with a shotgun full of salt pellets. Put an end to raping real quick.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
I dont quite understand WHY a guy would rape another guy, but no I'd keep it under the law and exacty my own justice.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
Since the person who raped me, or a loved one would still need to be free and in public for the said person to have the opportunity to kill, the perception that they are going to return to further rape or kill would be present and real. In reaction to this perceived threat, real or not, a person has a right to defend themselves. Perception is reality when it comes to a threat. I also would likely not be in my normal state of mind, due to having been raped. Given the fact I would have been brutally raped once by this person and they are still loose, it would be my rightful duty to protect myself and my family, by any means necessary. If I sought this person, confronted them and they showed any aggression towards me, I would rightfully protect myself accordingly.

Based on these sequence of events, I am likely going to only face lower ranking murder or perhaps even manslaughter charges. I would likely face state charges which would make me eligible for parole at 1/3 time served. I would likely gain SOME sympathy from a judge who might share some understanding for being Butt raped by a savage, brutal demonic human being. I might get a sentence of 6-20 years and be out in 2-10.

So yes, it would be worth it and yes, I would hunt down who ever raped me, or a loved one and confront them.

I've said it many times on these forums. I have no sympathy for those who rape or kill in cold blood, or molest children. I believe in second chances and do believe MOST people are capable or learning for their bad choices in life. But all studies show, that those who rape, or target children are not capable of reform.
Self defense always prevails. If you are 100% justified in my state, it is perfectly legal to match that threat, up to including taking that assailants life.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Self defense always prevails. If you are 100% justified in my state it is perfectly legal to match that threat, up to including taking that assailants life.
It's not self defense if you hunt him down after the fact and take his life days, weeks, or months later. A seasoned prosecutor will cut your argument down to revenge. While I do share those same sentiments in Stone_Sculpture's post, and I agree that any one of use would WANT to kill someone who raped us or a loved one, I'm also well aware that our justice system isn't as black and white as we ourselves see it.

A seasoned prosecutor will try to prove to the judge and jury that you acted on vengeance, and that your life was not in immediate danger. You knew right from wrong, and you made a calculated and conscious choice to murder someone out of revenge. Don't forget, the individual is dead, and the burden of proof lies with you as to whether he actually raped you, or it was consensual sex. You would have to prove that you were raped by someone who you killed. The prosecutor may argue it was a consensual tryst that ended badly, now you have the added burden of going to prison being labeled a homosexual. Do you really want to roll those dice?

If anyone feels they'd be willing to sacrifice a few years in prison (if you think it would only be a few), you'll likely face new horrors and challenges during and after your time served. Worse than if you attempted to cope and seek help with the rape itself. Try finding a job when/if you're released from prison and your potential employer learns you were in prison for killing someone who raped you...don't call us, we'll call you, next!

Old 02-05-2010, 08:44 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
A man, yes, a woman, no. You'd need to go to the hospital anyways to get antiretrovirals.
Logic prevails. That is the smart and brave thing to do.

Plotting revenge and murder while one suffers an untreated infectious disease, not so smart or brave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships