U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:46 AM
 
5,148 posts, read 3,850,664 times
Reputation: 2865

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's not self defense if you hunt him down after the fact and take his life days, weeks, or months later. A seasoned prosecutor will cut your argument down to revenge. While I do share those same sentiments in Stone_Sculpture's post, and I agree that any one of use would WANT to kill someone who raped us or a loved one, I'm also well aware that our justice system isn't as black and white as we ourselves see it.

A seasoned prosecutor will try to prove to the judge and jury that you acted on vengeance, and that your life was not in immediate danger. You knew right from wrong, and you made a calculated and conscious choice to murder someone out of revenge. Don't forget, the individual is dead, and the burden of proof lies with you as to whether he actually raped you, or it was consensual sex. You would have to prove that you were raped by someone who you killed. The prosecutor may argue it was a consensual tryst that ended badly, now you have the added burden of going to prison being labeled a homosexual. Do you really want to roll those dice?

If anyone feels they'd be willing to sacrifice a few years in prison (if you think it would only be a few), you'll likely face new horrors and challenges during and after your time served. Worse than if you attempted to cope and seek help with the rape itself. Try finding a job when/if you're released from prison and your potential employer learns you were in prison for killing someone who raped you...don't call us, we'll call you, next!
If you hunted down and brutally killed someone that rep is going to follow you in to prison. You'd pretty much go into prison without having to worry about a chin check.

 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 AM
 
Location: The cupboard under the sink
3,860 posts, read 6,762,126 times
Reputation: 7349
I'd report it in a heartbeat.
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM
 
Location: My Private Island
4,941 posts, read 6,697,694 times
Reputation: 12241
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
If you hunted down and brutally killed someone that rep is going to follow you in to prison. You'd pretty much go into prison without having to worry about a chin check.

The prisons are full to capacity of murderers. Unless you had some notorious killing spree and was portrayed by the media as the ultimate bad a** (even then you are going to be tested), you are nothing more than "new fish" to these prisoners.
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:51 AM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
17,536 posts, read 18,603,851 times
Reputation: 18657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
Since the person who raped me, or a loved one would still need to be free and in public for the said person to have the opportunity to kill, the perception that they are going to return to further rape or kill would be present and real. In reaction to this perceived threat, real or not, a person has a right to defend themselves. Perception is reality when it comes to a threat. I also would likely not be in my normal state of mind, due to having been raped. Given the fact I would have been brutally raped once by this person and they are still loose, it would be my rightful duty to protect myself and my family, by any means necessary. If I sought this person, confronted them and they showed any aggression towards me, I would rightfully protect myself accordingly.

Based on these sequence of events, I am likely going to only face lower ranking murder or perhaps even manslaughter charges. I would likely face state charges which would make me eligible for parole at 1/3 time served. I would likely gain SOME sympathy from a judge who might share some understanding for being Butt raped by a savage, brutal demonic human being. I might get a sentence of 6-20 years and be out in 2-10.

So yes, it would be worth it and yes, I would hunt down who ever raped me, or a loved one and confront them.
Havent you ever watched law and order?
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:51 AM
 
3,458 posts, read 2,758,606 times
Reputation: 1522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's not self defense if you hunt him down after the fact and take his life days, weeks, or months later. A seasoned prosecutor will cut your argument down to revenge. While I do share those same sentiments in Stone_Sculpture's post, and I agree that any one of use would WANT to kill someone who raped us or a loved one, I'm also well aware that our justice system isn't as black and white as we ourselves see it.

A seasoned prosecutor will try to prove to the judge and jury that you acted on vengeance, and that your life was not in immediate danger. You knew right from wrong, and you made a calculated and conscious choice to murder someone out of revenge. Don't forget, the individual is dead, and the burden of proof lies with you as to whether he actually raped you, or it was consensual sex. You would have to prove that you were raped by someone who you killed. The prosecutor may argue it was a consensual tryst that ended badly, now you have the added burden of going to prison being labeled a homosexual. Do you really want to roll those dice?

If anyone feels they'd be willing to sacrifice a few years in prison (if you think it would only be a few), you'll likely face new horrors and challenges during and after your time served. Worse than if you attempted to cope and seek help with the rape itself. Try finding a job when/if you're released from prison and your potential employer learns you were in prison for killing someone who raped you...don't call us, we'll call you, next!

the general assumption in your post, and in many others, is that you're at a high risk of being caught.

I am sure that is true for the average person, but in a fictional situation such as this, there is no reason to assume the risk is high or low. It would be situational, and clearly it would not be smart to proceed if you did not have the means to follow through with it.
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:51 AM
 
5,879 posts, read 7,228,304 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's not self defense if you hunt him down after the fact and take his life days, weeks, or months later. A seasoned prosecutor will cut your argument down to revenge. While I do share those same sentiments in Stone_Sculpture's post, and I agree that any one of use would WANT to kill someone who raped us or a loved one, I'm also well aware that our justice system isn't as black and white as we ourselves see it.

A seasoned prosecutor will try to prove to the judge and jury that you acted on vengeance, and that your life was not in immediate danger. You knew right from wrong, and you made a calculated and conscious choice to murder someone out of revenge. Don't forget, the individual is dead, and the burden of proof lies with you as to whether he actually raped you, or it was consensual sex. You would have to prove that you were raped by someone who you killed. The prosecutor may argue it was a consensual tryst that ended badly, now you have the added burden of going to prison being labeled a homosexual. Do you really want to roll those dice?

If anyone feels they'd be willing to sacrifice a few years in prison (if you think it would only be a few), you'll likely face new horrors and challenges during and after your time served. Worse than if you attempted to cope and seek help with the rape itself. Try finding a job when/if you're released from prison and your potential employer learns you were in prison for killing someone who raped you...don't call us, we'll call you, next!
You don't go to prison while defending yourself in the act. Even if you do, the old saying "I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6" is true. If a man is willing to rape another man, you better believe myself and my friends will put up one h*** of a fight!

Last edited by 2RUGGED4YOU; 02-05-2010 at 11:04 AM..
 
Old 02-05-2010, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Whiteville Tennessee
8,262 posts, read 15,266,380 times
Reputation: 9952
"I had absolutely no qualms about killing Charlie in Nam. I aimed between thier eyes. I squeezed the trigger. They hardly even bled. And they never did a damn thing to me. What do you think I would do to some man who harmed me?"

John Foster-US Army 1966-68
 
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Back in the gym...Yo Adrian!
9,365 posts, read 16,560,559 times
Reputation: 18238
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
The prisons are full to capacity of murderers. Unless you had some notorious killing spree and was portrayed by the media as the ultimate bad a** (even then you are going to be tested), you are nothing more than "new fish" to these prisoners.
Very true! Also, once you've been raped, in the eyes of the prison populace, you are already less of a man, regardless of how you handle your business afterwards.

Trust me, only the baddest of the bad get a wide birth when walking through general population, and even then, there's no free lunch. You will eventually be put to the test and you won't have a rifle, gun, or friends to help defend yourself. Even John Gotti had to pay for protection in prison, and when he didn't, he got plugged in the face.
 
Old 02-05-2010, 10:15 AM
 
5,879 posts, read 7,228,304 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Very true! Also, once you've been raped, in the eyes of the prison populace, you are already less of a man, regardless of how you handle your business afterwards.

Trust me, only the baddest of the bad get a wide birth when walking through general population, and even then, there's no free lunch. You will eventually be put to the test and you won't have a rifle, gun, or friends to help defend yourself. Even John Gotti had to pay for protection in prison, and when he didn't, he got plugged in the face.
I liked MacGyver and I am very creative myself!
 
Old 02-05-2010, 10:22 AM
 
5,879 posts, read 7,228,304 times
Reputation: 2753
^^^^^^^More than 20 uses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top