U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 AM

869 posts, read 2,478,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
What if he drugged you, or if there was more than one of them? You might be crazy, but if you're drugged, or out numbered...

I'd love to offer an answer but I don't live my life based on "what ifs". I live day to day cognizent of my surroundings and dealings with people. I don't see how someone could drug me, get me in private (I weight 230 pounds) and rape me. Maybe I would be flattered if they could accomplish all that, it means somebody loves me??

I am a happy, well-adjusted 50 year old guy who dwells on other things, like my 2 teenaged boys, wife, 2 kitties, my lawn tractor, spring training's approach and cold, refreshing Swithwick's Ale.

Being raped is about as likely as having a sex-change. Sorry.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM

16,423 posts, read 13,723,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
No. I would probably not report it. And yes I would feel like taking a life. Either my own or that of the attacker. Maybe both.

Hi J'aimeDesVilles,

That's lame. I'd never consider taking my own life over that.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,483,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
I'd love to offer an answer but I don't live my life based on "what ifs". I live day to day cognizent of my surroundings and dealings with people. I don't see how someone could drug me, get me in private (I weight 230 pounds) and rape me. Maybe I would be flattered if they could accomplish all that, it means somebody loves me??

I am a happy, well-adjusted 50 year old guy who dwells on other things, like my 2 teenaged boys, wife, 2 kitties, my lawn tractor, spring training's approach and cold, refreshing Swithwick's Ale.

Being raped is about as likely as having a sex-change. Sorry.
Congrats, but it was a hypothetical question. Not a means to plan for the worst, but you know, like for fun?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:36 AM

5,879 posts, read 7,228,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
All the pigeon chested macho stuff is all well and good, but this was the question.

If you've been drugged, or slugged from behind, barely conscious, and can barely move, never mind fight, and you have some guy standing over you with a gun, or a knife, then what are you going to do?

Yes, afterward, you'll be understandably angry, and upset, and look for revenge.
but, for the purposes of the question, all you have to do is pray it's quick !!

It's never happened to me personally, but i am familiar with victims of rape, both male and female, who mostly describe much the same thing. A "rabbit in the headlights" paralysis.

it's all too easy to look at it in the cold light of day and be all like "yeah ? if any dude tried it, I'd".........................

I'm afraid it's not always that easy.
You don't let yourself get into a situation like that. In any case, I look like a guy you don't want to mess with. If you have a spring in your step and some stamina they usually move on to another victim? Why take the chance?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,292,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi J'aimeDesVilles,

That's lame. I'd never consider taking my own life over that.
We all have our own opinions gwynedd. That's why forums like C-D exist.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:40 AM

869 posts, read 2,478,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Congrats, but it was a hypothetical question. Not a means to plan for the worst, but you know, like for fun?
Rape for fun? I am truly confused.

Okay, I would not report it. There's the answer I should have started with.

I would handle it in-house.

The End

Old 02-05-2010, 11:44 AM

2,980 posts, read 5,464,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
No because I'd hunt him down and kill him. If somebody is going to rape me, they better finish it up with killing me.

Even the thought of that just made me cranky...back to bed for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I'm not sure. I would probably figure out a way to kill him, or have him killed, or go down trying. I have an ego and I am not sure what emotions that it would start firing off at me, but no, my plan would not include the authorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
No need to report it - the perp is going down, in a most painful way too.

Co-sign all 3. I wouldn't let that slide, AT ALL.

5,148 posts, read 3,850,664 times
I would not report it.

I think it's pretty resounding in here that most men would not report it.

6,732 posts, read 4,389,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
Rape for fun? I am truly confused.

Okay, I would not report it. There's the answer I should have started with.

I would handle it in-house.

The End
Right, you mean you would keep it quiet and become emotionally disturbed and possibly physically scarred and diseased. That is the best way to handle it?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 AM

5,879 posts, read 7,228,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I would not report it.

I think it's pretty resounding in here that most men would not report it.
The real men anyway!LOL........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships