U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,816,249 times

Advertisements

No I don't think I would. I don't know.

I would hope to have the courage to report it, but I dunno. I didn't even report when I was victim of domestic violence, so something 10x more embarrassing and humiliating and hurtful than domestic violence is difficult to grasps my mind around. So I don't know what I would do. I really don't know.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 AM

3,867 posts, read 7,135,057 times
Did you not read my post ??

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12769328-post59.html

Sometimes fighting makes it worse.
It's "fun" to the rapist. The thrill of the chase and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
My advice to any woman is fight like there is no tomorrow. A thumb to the eye, backhand to the throat, elbows to the bridge of the nose, knee to the groin. Keep going until something inevitable happens. So even if you get raped and live and he gets away, he'll have a messed up face so your Bros, Husbands and Sons know who to rough up.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:12 AM

9,094 posts, read 5,436,667 times
Most of the time they have a very real, cold gun or steel blade against your skin, and they tell you not to move, so you don't. I've heard people say they went "out of body". Fear can do that.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:18 AM

5,879 posts, read 7,593,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Most of the time they have a very real, cold gun or steel blade against your skin, and they tell you not to move, so you don't. I've heard people say they went "out of body". Fear can do that.
I hope they are more proficient than I am with those weapons? I have been at it since I was only 5 years old!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:20 AM

3,867 posts, read 7,135,057 times
that's as may be, but, remember in this hypothetical scenario, you have been drugged, or clubbed from the back, and you can't move.

What use are your skills ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I hope they are more proficient than I am with those weapons? I have been at it since I was only 5 years old!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:20 AM

11,292 posts, read 12,418,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
It's one thing to say you'd kill a man, it's another to actually do it or to say you'd die first before they could get to you. Honestly, unless you've been tested before, it's very difficult to say what you would actually do. I've been put to the test in other ways where my or my loved ones safety and well being was at risk, and it's never played out the way you picture it in your head. Fortunately I did the right thing when it counted, but it didn't go down the way I thought it would prior to such an incident. When you are faced with the probability that you could spend the rest of your life in prison with hardened animals who will rape and control you at will once you pass that point of no return, things start to look different, and suddenly you realize that life isn't a Dirty Harry movie, and taking a man's life isn't easy, nor is it cut and dry for what you thought was a compelling reason.

If you think you could handle prison, lock yourself in your bathroom for 23 hours a day with no TV, internet, comfort foods, music, or CONSENSUAL sex with a woman. Pretend that outside of that bathroom are gangs of thugs who would kill you just as quick as look at you, and are eagerly waiting to prey on you when you leave the relative safety of your tiny 6x8 cell. Oh, and when you're trying to sleep at night, crank up some noise, perhaps a recording of grown men shouting and screaming for no good reason. Don't forget to pretend there is someone else in there with you, someone whose funk you have to smell, limited space you have to share, and you will never again have a private moment to yourself...community showers come with the deal too. Do this for one week and see if you don't lose your mind. Then ask if you could do it for eternity under very real and dangerous circumstances. Remember, you'll NEVER touch a woman again, and everything you ever loved, enjoyed, and sought comfort in is gone forever. In two weeks I'd bet most of you would twist the shower curtain into a rope and end it. Still want to take that guy's life?

Like I said, I'm not sure how I would eventually cope and how it would all play out in the end, but taking another life adds a whole new dimension to your set of problems.
O.k. I will just beat him up then.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 AM

11,667 posts, read 13,673,402 times
It's sad to read this thread. All you men would let another guy off without reporting him so that he can move on to someone else - your wife, your child, another victim. I find it hard to believe that a rapist just rapes once, it's a repetitive behavior that is allowed to continue because people don't report it.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:23 AM

22,770 posts, read 24,821,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
It's sad to read this thread. All you men would let another guy off without reporting him so that he can move on to someone else - your wife, your child, another victim. I find it hard to believe that a rapist just rapes once, it's a repetitive behavior that is allowed to continue because people don't report it.
It looks to me that about 80 or 90% of men said they would kill the man.

How is that "letting him off" ?

Reporting it to the donut-eaters so they can file some paperwork and you can become a statistic.. that is letting him off. Paying a seedy "friend" to burn his house down, or kidnap him and y'all chop him into pieces, grind his bones up and feed his guts to gators in the swamp seems more effective.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:25 AM

21,179 posts, read 22,232,621 times
Quote:
It looks to me that about 80 or 90% of men said they would kill the man.

How is that "letting him off" ?
But in the hypothetical situation, you've been drugged or otherwise incapacitated. How do you know who your assailant is? How would you find him?

In other threads men have complained that women get compassion and support for being victims of assault, while men feel ashamed and have no resources. If men who are assaulted never report it, how will that ever change?

It's probably a defense mechanism, but those of you thumping your chest and proclaiming that you'd react like a movie action hero might not be so tough if actually confronted with this situation. You're not as invincible as you like to think you are.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 02-05-2010 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-05-2010, 11:25 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,816,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
It's not easy just to pop down to the police officer and report that you've been raped. Do you realise how much effort and courage that takes, by men and women? You make it sound like it's a walk in the park. Its the same with domestic violence. It's not easy.

I honestly do not know what I would do if I had been raped. My first reaction would probably be to lock myself in and cry my heart out for as long as it takes until I had no more tears left in me. After that, I dunno what I would do to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships