Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:53 AM

559 posts, read 651,042 times

Advertisements

If you are a man and you were raped by another man, would you report it to the authorities or remain silent?

I am shocked at how many men that I know that said that they wouldn't because of the massive stigma they would have to bear, and the social after effects they would have to live with...

Edit: Lets say that he either drugged you, or there's more than one of them so you can't fight, or kill them before it happens...

And lets say no revenge either, would you report it or not?

Last edited by lisa4eyes; 02-05-2010 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Adding my edit...

Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
I'm not sure. I would probably figure out a way to kill him, or have him killed, or go down trying. I have an ego and I am not sure what emotions that it would start firing off at me, but no, my plan would not include the authorities.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:56 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,006,525 times
No need to report it - the perp is going down, in a most painful way too.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:07 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
No. While I'd like to thump my chest and say "At some point he would be in my crosshairs, and he'd never hear the shot that removed the top half of his head", I honestly don't know what I would do afterwards. I'd have to wonder how I would ever be such a victim in the first place. Prison? In that case, reporting it is probably the worst thing you can do, and you would be forced to do something about it or else learn to accept it. Outside of prison, can't say I'd want to share that experience with family and friends and have to be placed in front of a jury and relive that horror over and over again, with the chance that he could possibly get away with it.

Knowing myself as I do, and weighing out my options, I would give it time. I would commit myself to as many months as I could to try to recover mentally, and if I couldn't find contentment and move forward, I would have to take matters into my owns hands. Giving it time also gives him time to forget, and never see it coming. Not sure what the outcome would be, likely something that would ultimately be bad for the both of us.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:11 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
I would not report it because the guy WILL be dead anyways.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:12 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa4eyes View Post
If you are a man and you were raped by another man, would you report it to the authorities or remain silent?

I am shocked at how many men that I know that said that they wouldn't because of the massive stigma they would have to bear, and the social after effects they would have to live with...
A man, yes, a woman, no. You'd need to go to the hospital anyways to get antiretrovirals.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:14 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
No because I'd hunt him down and kill him. If somebody is going to rape me, they better finish it up with killing me.

Even the thought of that just made me cranky...back to bed for me.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:18 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
It would have to be my dead body, so I'd have to say no.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:37 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
I'm not sure. I would probably figure out a way to kill him, or have him killed, or go down trying. I have an ego and I am not sure what emotions that it would start firing off at me, but no, my plan would not include the authorities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
No need to report it - the perp is going down, in a most painful way too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
No. While I'd like to thump my chest and say "At some point he would be in my crosshairs, and he'd never hear the shot that removed the top half of his head", I honestly don't know what I would do afterwards. I'd have to wonder how I would ever be such a victim in the first place. Prison? In that case, reporting it is probably the worst thing you can do, and you would be forced to do something about it or else learn to accept it. Outside of prison, can't say I'd want to share that experience with family and friends and have to be placed in front of a jury and relive that horror over and over again, with the chance that he could possibly get away with it.

Knowing myself as I do, and weighing out my options, I would give it time. I would commit myself to as many months as I could to try to recover mentally, and if I couldn't find contentment and move forward, I would have to take matters into my owns hands. Giving it time also gives him time to forget, and never see it coming. Not sure what the outcome would be, likely something that would ultimately be bad for the both of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
No because I'd hunt him down and kill him. If somebody is going to rape me, they better finish it up with killing me.

Even the thought of that just made me cranky...back to bed for me.

Do these comments answer your question?

Old 02-05-2010, 07:55 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
It's one thing to say you'd kill a man, it's another to actually do it or to say you'd die first before they could get to you. Honestly, unless you've been tested before, it's very difficult to say what you would actually do. I've been put to the test in other ways where my or my loved ones safety and well being was at risk, and it's never played out the way you picture it in your head. Fortunately I did the right thing when it counted, but it didn't go down the way I thought it would prior to such an incident. When you are faced with the probability that you could spend the rest of your life in prison with hardened animals who will rape and control you at will once you pass that point of no return, things start to look different, and suddenly you realize that life isn't a Dirty Harry movie, and taking a man's life isn't easy, nor is it cut and dry for what you thought was a compelling reason.

If you think you could handle prison, lock yourself in your bathroom for 23 hours a day with no TV, internet, comfort foods, music, or CONSENSUAL sex with a woman. Pretend that outside of that bathroom are gangs of thugs who would kill you just as quick as look at you, and are eagerly waiting to prey on you when you leave the relative safety of your tiny 6x8 cell. Oh, and when you're trying to sleep at night, crank up some noise, perhaps a recording of grown men shouting and screaming for no good reason. Don't forget to pretend there is someone else in there with you, someone whose funk you have to smell, limited space you have to share, and you will never again have a private moment to yourself...community showers come with the deal too. Do this for one week and see if you don't lose your mind. Then ask if you could do it for eternity under very real and dangerous circumstances. Remember, you'll NEVER touch a woman again, and everything you ever loved, enjoyed, and sought comfort in is gone forever. In two weeks I'd bet most of you would twist the shower curtain into a rope and end it. Still want to take that guy's life?

Like I said, I'm not sure how I would eventually cope and how it would all play out in the end, but taking another life adds a whole new dimension to your set of problems.

Last edited by Coolhand68; 02-05-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships