U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 AM

7,458 posts, read 10,904,850 times

Advertisements

In a very part time business I run (not my day job) I get to meet and talk to a large range of women mainly and also men. I'm always abit suspicious when I meet a very attractive woman esp 30+ who is single and or has no children.
I mean there is usually a personality issue or emotional baggage.
Think its only a natural reaction to think this way.

Also the other thing I strike even more regularly is the nastiness of women to women.
Really can be very harsh at times, nothing like women to men. Always have my digital camera handy in case a cat fight breaks out, just joking on that part.

Last edited by dave nz; 02-06-2010 at 05:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 AM

4,837 posts, read 7,470,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
In a very part time business I run (not my day job) I get to meet and talk to a large range of women mainly and also men. I'm always a bit suspicious when I meet a very attractive woman esp 30+ who is single and or has no children.
You might be correct but also consider that among the majority of women who create these long lists of things they must have in a man, there are some who really stick to them. Attractive women can be the most stubborn because they believe they have the beat bargaining hand.

Many women will settle (they never consider it as such initially) once they have found a man who meets the superficial attributes (things they know cannot be changed) and their immediate needs. They assume that he will change to meet their expectations and then, when things don't work out that way, other women accuse her of "settling" for a loser.

A small percentage of others will look for expectations first and then be willing to settle on the superficial. Perhaps they realize that such thing rarely last long but having a man with good personal habits is of value for a lifetime. Other women will often criticize her because "she could have done so much better".

The type of women you are referring to are aware of these pitfalls and will risk remaining forever single to avoid them.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 AM

23,609 posts, read 29,694,256 times
Quote:
In a very part time business I run (not my day job) I get to meet and talk to a large range of women mainly and also men. I'm always abit suspicious when I meet a very attractive woman esp 30+ who is single and or has no children.

Also the other thing I strike even more regularly is the nastiness of women to women.
Really can be very harsh at times, nothing like women to men. Always have my digital camera handy in case a cat fight breaks out, just joking on that part.
Not really. Both men and women these days tend to marry later and have children when they are older than previous generations began having them. Rather than being suspicious, I would start from the viewpoint that perhaps they were simply careful and, yes, picky, as anyone should be before committing. If there were personal or baggage issues I like to think I'd ferret them out before commitment on my part. A discerning woman is not a red flag to me at all.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:01 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,157,053 times
I wouldn't care either way, since her being single over 30 is not my concern.

I think situations like this are complex. It could be she has dated a lot, and has become tired of dating. It could be she doesn't want to date, she doesn't want/like children, she focuses more on her career, etc.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM

2,115 posts, read 4,320,254 times
She might be focused on her career.

She might be a lesbian.

She might not have found anyone she "clicked" with.

She might be a million other things.

But I see where you are coming from. Whenever you meet anyone that appears to be a great package and they haven't been scooped up, a little tiny light goes off in the back of your head. It's because we like people to be socially proofed. It gives us a subconscious reassurance.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 PM

6,447 posts, read 9,277,906 times
The whole premise is stupid.

30+ single with no kids is something to be suspicious of? I'd say a 20+ single man with kids is worse.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:35 PM

563 posts, read 1,464,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

30+ single with no kids is something to be suspicious of? I'd say a 20+ single man with kids is worse.
I agree. I am 29, single, no kids. But I was married before. We just didn't happen to have kids because he had one already, I wasn't ready, and he was away at war for a while.

If I'm still single in 2 years am I going to be a freak? Seems a bit judgmental to me. Sometimes women are too picky, yes. That could be the case. But sometimes it takes longer to find that person you click with. And that woman, in the meantime, had safe and responsible sex and therefore had no kids. Seems like that's better than the alternative.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 PM

2,936 posts, read 4,949,643 times
Some women are unable to have children.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 PM

3,866 posts, read 7,075,214 times
I'm afraid I need to go with this one.

I don't understand why I would need to be suspicious of anyone, just because they were 30+, and no kids ?
Wouldn't that just mean they hadn't met the right person ?
Either that, or they just didn't want kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

Old 02-06-2010, 12:55 PM

7,950 posts, read 12,370,480 times
Quote:
Are you dating these women? If not, I fail to understand how their personal life is any of your business. From what you said, it sounds like you have a purely professional/business relationship with these women so why exactly you have any reason to be "suspicious" of their personal lives is beyond me. It doesn't sound like you don't know these people well enought to make such judgements about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or