U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 PM

5,879 posts, read 7,694,257 times

Advertisements

Ok peeps, I think I just blew a good thing because of what women have done to me before in the past? I try very hard to put the past behind me, yet it still is fresh in my mind. This is one of my weaknesses, I know. If you have been betrayed and hurt as many times as I have, you would understand? What do you think? Rugged
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:07 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,947,418 times
What exactly did you do?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:08 PM

5,148 posts, read 4,226,285 times
You know what I'm going to agree with you on this. I was burned big time in the past and as much as I think it is in the past there is still a bunch of BS that is blocking me from being successful in the dating arena.

I don't know what else I can do though. I just really think I'm going to analyze all the parts of my life, and get everything rolling in positive directions...and then re-access dating situations from there.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
What exactly did you do?
I was using advice from a LEO friend on security of my family and myself and questioned her sincerity! I have been trained in this kind of stuff and have made it a lifestyle. That is why I have never been a victim of crimes of violence. She was upset, to say the least! Crap!

Old 02-06-2010, 12:15 PM

3,060 posts, read 6,947,418 times
If you broke your leg running you wouldn't go out running again until it was properly healed. Perhaps it is time to properly heal the wounds of the past before embarking on new relationships?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
If you broke your leg running you wouldn't go out running again until it was properly healed. Perhaps it is time to properly heal the wounds of the past before embarking on new relationships?
I've had 8 years to heal. That isn't the issue really. The main issue is, unfortunately there is a lot of internet con-artist and scammers. If you know anything about self defense and tactics you have your guard up more than the average Joe?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:25 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,589,274 times
Rugged sometimes you just have to put your heart on the line and trust people. No guarantees in matters of the heart.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:25 PM

563 posts, read 1,488,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
You know what I'm going to agree with you on this. I was burned big time in the past and as much as I think it is in the past there is still a bunch of BS that is blocking me from being successful in the dating arena.

I don't know what else I can do though. I just really think I'm going to analyze all the parts of my life, and get everything rolling in positive directions...and then re-access dating situations from there.
I am the same. I've been burned big time, more than once, and I've done the counseling and everything I could to get past it. But there is still a bunch of crap that comes up when I'm trying to date. Something triggers it and I have a reaction, and a lot of times I still can't control it. It's very frustrating indeed.

All I can say is, we can only do the best we can. Everyone has baggage. If we can recognize the baggage, and then if we can get it to a controllable level, we have succeeded. It may never go away, but being able to talk to your partner about it and about your specific fears/triggers/whatever is a step in the right direction. Then that partner can decide if they are willing to accept it and work with you when it comes up, or move on.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:27 PM

6,772 posts, read 11,589,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
I've had 8 years to heal. That isn't the issue really. The main issue is, unfortunately there is a lot of internet con-artist and scammers. If you know anything about self defense and tactics you have your guard up more than the average Joe?
What do you think she's going to con you for?

Have you met this person face to face?

Did you Google her name? LOL.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 PM

5,007 posts, read 7,667,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Then just apologize like crazy and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or