U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 11:45 AM

5,441 posts, read 7,075,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Your age is pretty brutal for guys at the bottom of the social scale. The girls your age can date men who are 10+ years older, but it is socially unacceptable, if not illegal, for you to date more than 2 or 3 years younger.

But then at the same time, I know a lot of guys who at 19, 20, 21 were just ugly, slovenly, socially unacceptable people. Fat, farting, puking, alcoholic greaseballs. These guys were pretty vocal about "keeping it in their league", as they called it - in other words, they lowered their standards until the point that they found somebody who would accept them. This is probably a better approach than you're after right now.
I am at the bottom of the social scale simply because I am ugly and my family is poor, the poeple who I went to high school with know this

. My dad lives on social security (he's 64) and my mom works part time at Universal Studios. I am the only one working full time, I have more money then both of them sadly. One of the reasons I will be moving to Las Vegas in October, I want to get away from them and their apathy, it's really dragging me down

Thank God though I am not a fat, farting, puking, alcoholic, greaseball. I would never let myself get that low. I do take care of myself. I keep a clean room (or at least I try, I have some clutter I need to get rid of) I shower every day, I bursh my teeth, I try to eat well when my mom feels like going to the grocery store which isnt often our fridge is usually empty so I eat out a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM

16,623 posts, read 14,208,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I am at the bottom of the social scale simply because I am ugly and my family is poor, the poeple who I went to high school with know this

. My dad lives on social security (he's 64) and my mom works part time at Universal Studios. I am the only one working full time, I have more money then both of them sadly. One of the reasons I will be moving to Las Vegas in October, I want to get away from them and their apathy, it's really dragging me down
That is all irrelevant. Your self-perception and attitude determines who you are.

Quote:
Thank God though I am not a fat, farting, puking, alcoholic, greaseball. I would never let myself get that low. I do take care of myself. I keep a clean room (or at least I try, I have some clutter I need to get rid of) I shower every day, I bursh my teeth, I try to eat well when my mom feels like going to the grocery store which isnt often our fridge is usually empty so I eat out a lot
You're not following me, so I should spell this out for you. Not once did I ever hear one of those greaseballs let on that they were less than perfect.

Last edited by le roi; 02-08-2010 at 12:00 PM..

Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Davie, you're only 20! The dating pool isn't vanishing yet (heck, it hasn't even started, really!)! Give yourself some credit. You have a job, paying for your car. Are you going to college? You're going to find most girls your age on a college campus.

Which picture on your profile is more recent? Keep the spikes in the hair, I myself think they're cool on you.

If you like some girl, don't wait to call her. Just call her! And don't text first - call and let her listen to your voice. That's what a gentleman would do.

Good luck!
The current one with really short hair is more recent. The one with the spikes is from september 2009

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Status: "Wilson is innocent, get over it and learn how to read." (set 2 days ago)

1,614 posts, read 1,548,793 times
Davie you just seem like you have some leftover teenage angst or something, seriously just forget about chicks and go party or something. Get into some hobbies and/or just do the things you like to do. If you're still single at 40 then you can stress out about this stuff. I've already told you this once, at 20 years old the best years of dating are still ahead of you.
Men do not lose their value as they get older as long as you don't totally mess your life up.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
You missed my point on both counts.

You can be poor and slovenly, and have success with women. You can have every advantage in the world, and squander it.
I know a poor slovenly guy my age who weighs over 200 lbs, eats at burger king everyday, has no job, smells, lives at home, and doesnt shower daily either. He wont date a girl who weighs more then 125 lbs because she is "too fat" even though he is overweight himself

and he gets girls all the time. even though they are whores, he still gets girls. even the "easy" girls don't want me

Old 02-08-2010, 12:03 PM

16,623 posts, read 14,208,106 times
Quote:
I know a poor slovenly guy my age who weighs over 200 lbs, eats at burger king everyday, has no job, smells, lives at home, and doesnt shower daily either. He wont date a girl who weighs more then 125 lbs because she is "too fat" even though he is overweight himself

and he gets girls all the time. even though they are whores, he still gets girls. even the "easy" girls don't want me
Nevermind. I overestimated you, and I take back everything I said.

The amount of datable women is, in fact, perpetually shrinking. By 2035 men will be savagely beating one another for an opportunity to stand before a datable female, and bask in her radiant glow. Therefore, you should go grab the ugliest one you can find, RIGHT NOW while the gettin is good, as if she were the one remaining lifeboat on the Titanic.

Godspeed.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM

3,790 posts, read 2,837,982 times
When you're in your late teens and early 20's, most women (and people in general) are still in that transition phase. The immaturity that they developed early in HS hasn't completely sapped out of their system yet. So you're going to come across alot of BS if you're looking for a traditional type. You normally have to wait until they're in their late 20's and early 30's before you can take them seriously. By that time, the biological clock is a little louder and they may be a bit more independent and emotionally stable.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:56 PM

917 posts, read 1,756,895 times
I looked at your profile pick and you really aren't that ugly.

Your problem is your attitude- you have low self esteem and a victim complex. You think you aren't good enough and blame the world for it. No halfway decent girl would date someone with that attitude and sluts will stay away because they're afraid you'll be really clingy.

Stop blaming your parents, stop blaming shallow women, stop thinking that because you shower and have a mediocre job that women should flock to you.

Start being social. Force the smile, make small talk even if kills you. Find things to be happy about and let those things carry you through the day. Finding ways to be happy will go a long way both in making you feel better and will make you more attractive. You're healthy, you have a job, you have the ability to move to a new place and start over- those are all good things to be happy about.

The "loser" guys that get women generally project an attitude of satisfaction at their lives. That's what attracts women.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:02 PM

8,525 posts, read 8,232,064 times
Nice stereotypes.

We should start the Wimpy,Whiney Guys club........for guys that don't have enough self confidence to get a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I have read your post and in a way you're right about the amount of available girls shrinking, but I would say, the best way to word it is that the amount of QUALITY single women are shrinking in America. American women as a whole in 2010 are a sorry bunch compared to American girls 50 years ago (who grew freedom gardens and made munitions during wartime) or women from over seas (who are tough and have more heart then many weak American men).

Lets go down the list for the 2010 class:

1. American girls standards and idols are no longer their hard working parents but people like lady gaga, Mrs. Hilton, or that "snooky" girl from the dirty shore. And it's because of this I see girls looking like hookers going to clubs and parties. And it's also why I see women with little or no self restraint in public places.

2. The diet for American girls is **** poor! And with culinary arts classes taken out of high schools 20+ years ago most of these young girls can't cook a wholesome meal to not only take care of themselves properly but to also to use those skills to take care of their own families.

3. Young girls today are too caught up in entertainment and consumerism and leave little time to cultivate themselves. I have spent lots of time in bookstores and other places of learning and it's rare to find a young women in there reading books out of leisure just to educate themselves for the sake of it. Sure many go in there to "study" because it's forced on them because it's the only way they will pass a class but once that's over they rather shop or hit the club and get drunk.

4. American girls have been trained to hunt for a rich prince charming and will quickly discount a decent man with average income and abilities.

5. American girls are overly concerned with having a boyfriend. Once again, how can you cultivate yourself if you always have a man in your life that you need to please? As a matter of fact, women who have multiple BF's one after the other with no time in between for self reflection and such are a turn off to me. I figure if you can't live with yourself then I can't live with you either.

6. American girls are physically lazy, and as a result, go to unhealthy extremes to maintain their beauty. All you need is to exercise 3/ 4 times a week CONSISTENTLY along with simple weight training to maintain a good looking body. But no, women want to get wined and dined until the wee hours in the morning which over time will just accelerate the aging process; and next thing you know they are 50-100lbs over weight and resort to surgery to cut out parts of the stomach (you might need that) in order to loose weight.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:08 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,411,827 times
Quote:
I am at the bottom of the social scale simply because I am ugly
You're not ugly, kid! It's your attitude that stands in your own way - same thing with all similar cases on the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships