Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Guys who don't give a rip about football.

Am I the only one?????
Nope. A lot of my buddies dont care for football.

Its pretty much the only sport that I LOVE (other than boxing). Always have and always will. Even when I was a kid, I could tell you the starting lineups of almost every team, the coaches names and in some cases, the coaches wives names. I LOVE football. Dont really care for basketball or other team sports too much. I do love my Lakers though (hate that Bryant fella) but dont care to watch the on TV unless its the championship or finals. Going to the games are fun though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 01:52 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Good question. Anyone?
think about it.........ever heard of soccer? can you say fights?

Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 PM

791 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i just don't understand the adult fascination with televised sports. i am barely interested in my favorite team playing a sport i played and know intimately.

is this an american thing, or do grown men in Australia, Brazil, wherever, obsess over televised sports?
soccer is world wide.....bigger than football and they are seriously obsessed

Old 04-25-2010, 08:57 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Quote:

Am I the only one?????
No you're not he only one. I don't give a rip about football, nor any other sport.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,929,427 times
My husband detests football, and all other team sports, with a passion. The only sport I've ever seen him watch is curling during this past winter's Olympics...LOL.

For whatever reason, I find a guy that is completely oblivious to sports an incredible turn-on. Hrm.

So no, you're not alone.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:13 AM

78,367 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:

Am I the only one?????
I will watch maybe 1 game at week if it's a decent match-up. I will watch some of the NBA finals and pretty much no MLB or other sports.

I like the Olympics (especially if my relative makes the 2012 team) and the occasional other sport if it catches my interest but I rarely go out of my way to watch.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,149 times
I don't think you are alone. I don't watch any sport's except the Super Bowl game, which we always enjoy. My father-in-law is a sports fanatic, in fact there was an article about him in our local paper about his score keeping for a local high schools ball games. Something like he hadn't missed a game in 65 years (he's in his 80's). Yet, when he visits our home he knows the TV will be off and stay off, and if a game is on that he can't miss, he needs to stay home and watch it. My wife would turn on the TV immediately if any of her family asked to watch a game, but usually no one asks.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:12 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
When my husband and I were first going out, I asked him: "you don't watch football all the time do you? He said no. And I said, "good. I can't stand that"* My stepdad watched it all the time and we could not make a peep during it or we'd be sent to our rooms, he was a horrible person and this was one of his lesser bad qualities, but still) Since he's gotten a little older he's gotten a little more into it. We still dont watch it at home, so when he wants to watch the superbowl he goes to a friends house. Ugh I hate football.

*No offense to fans, I just couldn't be in a relationship with a super loyal fan.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:48 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:

Am I the only one?????

I don't ... There is just one sport I play that uses a ball, and that ball is a musket ball.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:36 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,325,912 times
Quote:

Am I the only one?????
U must be very popular with ur s/o. I love for not being into football and I don't even know u.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships