Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:55 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times

Advertisements

Id also agree with the said above opinions,...Alot of times, both for me personally..as well as when i have sat back and observed, it is the woman showing the first real obvious interest... in my case, i find this very attractive..and see it as a breath of fresh air because sometimes, it is hard to gauge the level of a woman's interest..Once she has put forth an obvious, right in front of me clue, i can take it from there..if i am also interested..

As for what Mikey was saying..yes, i have seen a few profiles like this..or have known women who held onto these kind of silly requirements..

I mean i can understand a taller woman desiring a taller guy.. or asking that the guy have a job..and a car..and not living at home, because his aaz isn't motivated but and i saw this once, when a woman states "i won't date a guy who makes less then 100k/yr.." that just shows what kind of person she may well be.. Thank god a good enough majority of attractive women aren't this way..

And yes, i have women turn the other direction when i told them what i do..does it make me want to complain..or become all bitter and think to myself that all women are like this?..NOPE, lol, i thank god that she is no longer interested..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Id also agree with the said above opinions,...Alot of times, both for me personally..as well as when i have sat back and observed, it is the woman showing the first real obvious interest... in my case, i find this very attractive..and see it as a breath of fresh air because sometimes, it is hard to gauge the level of a woman's interest..Once she has put forth an obvious, right in front of me clue, i can take it from there..if i am also interested..

As for what Mikey was saying..yes, i have seen a few profiles like this..or have known women who held onto these kind of silly requirements..

I mean i can understand a taller woman desiring a taller guy.. or asking that the guy have a job..and a car..and not living at home, because his aaz isn't motivated but and i saw this once, when a woman states "i won't date a guy who makes less then 100k/yr.." that just shows what kind of person she may well be.. Thank god a good enough majority of attractive women aren't this way..

And yes, i have women turn the other direction when i told them what i do..does it make me want to complain..or become all bitter and think to myself that all women are like this?..NOPE, lol, i thank god that she is no longer interested..
As a guy, I agree completely with that statement and seeing. Being between college and grad school I make nowhere near that, but even if I made seven figures that kind of requirement would be a huge red flag for me in starting a relationship.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:38 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Yes, very much so. The reason I asked is because I think it is a fairly common perception among women, and not without good reason I know a fair amount of guys who are like that. I just find it a bit annoying having to explain I am not like that when such an assumption is made about me by a girl wanting a random hook-up.
I only make assumptions about the animal being a duck when it starts quacking and waddling.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
mango, I love you! I've been 'debating' this with a female friend of mine for months. She says women do NOT make the first move. I say they do...by showing the first sign of interest. So thank you for restoring my faith
I'll show interest, but if the guy never takes the initiative to make plans with me, nothing is going to happen and I will eventually knock down the flirting to just plain friendliness. No use to throw myself at a guy.

Of course, maybe you should define interest lol. We may have very different takes. I show interest by light flirting and showing a genuine desire to get to know him, not to mention the eyes - it's all in the eyes. You're not going to get any elaborate tricks and gratuitous sexual undertones from me. I save those for later as surprises.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:50 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I think the whole bragging rights thing is so silly though, and to be honest, immature. Dating is not a competition and it is not a checklist. A guy is not some sort of toy poodle to show off on your arm. I know I cannot be the only college girl that cares more about things like chemistry, connection, and how much I like the guy when it's just me and him spending time together than about status on campus. Frankly, I'd rather not be known as a member of the harem of girls Jeffrey Junior sleeps with on rotation. If a guy wants me to compete with a slew of other girls to prove how much I like him, then that speaks manifold about what type of person he is (at the moment, people can change of course). Then again, I'm not the type of girl who's into drunken hook-ups every weekend with guys that I'll never talk to again. Maybe I'm crazy, but I like a little foundation beneath my relationships with guys. If a guy can't stand the idea of having a conversation with me, then why should I entertain him when he's smashed?

That said, I don't really blame the guys for having this sort of attitude. Why try only one flavor of ice cream when all the others are just begging you to taste them? My generation has gotten itself into a massive catch-22 and we're left with both genders complaining.
Hey the ice cream reminds me of that new flavour at Baskins .. u wanna try em ? .. i see u need to refresh your mind .. stress is bad for health ..come on lets go have an ice cream

Old 02-07-2010, 11:51 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
nah, your odds as a guy in college is better outside, women, at least when I went to school., didn't care about wealth or status.. You just had to be a badboy.

I promise you, in the future, women will push to legalize polygamy so they can share the few rich guys, given that despite what, women getting more education than men,w omen will always m arry up.
You "promise" this? REALLY??

Give me a break - you don't know women at all do you?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
Hey the ice cream reminds me of that new flavour at Baskins .. u wanna try em ? .. i see u need to refresh your mind .. stress is bad for health ..come on lets go have an ice cream
I'm not stressed... I just sometimes feel like I'm crazy for thinking the way I do.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:17 AM

190 posts, read 465,829 times
Quote:
nah, your odds as a guy in college is better outside, women, at least when I went to school., didn't care about wealth or status.. You just had to be a badboy.

I promise you, in the future, women will push to legalize polygamy so they can share the few rich guys, given that despite what, women getting more education than men,w omen will always m arry up.
LOL that might be a little far fetched

This probably sounds really sexist but as the percentage of educated women grows you're going to start seeing a lot more high paying management type jobs not requiring a degree anymore.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:

You promise, huh? Word of honor? Money-back guarantee?

No sane woman wants polygamy. It's a terrible institution for wives and even worse for children.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Im 5'10", the man I am dating is 5'6"......try again.....
You are an exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships