Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM

3,378 posts, read 4,997,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Everybody has crap days. Just don't let it become a habit or it really can be self defeating. Me? I'm a Pollyanna. I always try to see the brighter side and if I can't find one I'll just toss whatever the 'problem' is and go with the flow. For sure I'll never have an ulcer!
Again I apologize for my demeanor yesterday, today has gone very well so far, and you know what? I'm gonna make sure it stays that way.

Just to add though, I would still like a to hear a lecture from you about the self defeating mentality, I could use it when I'm feeling down someday. And make me think better of my days, you know, wisdom of the elders so to speak.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:28 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,878,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Again I apologize for my demeanor yesterday, today has gone very well so far, and you know what? I'm gonna make sure it stays that way.

Just to add though, I would still like a to hear a lecture from you about the self defeating mentality, I could use it when I'm feeling down someday. And make me think better of my days, you know, wisdom of the elders so to speak.
Awww, you don't owe anybody any apologies. We all have our 'days'.

My "lecture" would only be the same ol' tiresome things that everyone else tells you. You know, the simplistic stuff that DOES sound sooooo easy to people not involved in the emotions of someone else. It's real easy to sit here at a computer screen...or even one on one...and dole out the 'advice'. You have to be your OWN best advisor and do what's best for you. Nobody else can really tell you what that is. We don't live in your head or your skin.

Hey, and watch that "elder" stuff!! j/k

Old 02-10-2010, 05:39 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,704,675 times
I've actually never not been alone on V-day. And since it's on a Sunday this year, I'll have to be in bed early anyway for work Monday morning.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM

17,619 posts, read 22,575,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
All my single friends are going out dancing on Sat for a singles event at one of the clubs we usually go to. I want to go, too, but it pisses me off, that the club is charging $ 15 admission, just because it's a Vday event. Who the hell cares that it's Feb 13th???

Start NOW recycling aluminum cans, bottles. You can probably have enough to get in Saturday...

Old 02-10-2010, 06:10 PM

600 posts, read 1,607,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Start NOW recycling aluminum cans, bottles. You can probably have enough to get in Saturday...

I'm a girl, I can always find a way to get in

Old 02-10-2010, 06:15 PM

17,619 posts, read 22,575,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
I'm a girl, I can always find a way to get in

Yep, just walk in backwards

heehee

Have a Wonderful Time, Darlin'.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:30 PM

600 posts, read 1,607,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

Yep, just walk in backwards

heehee

Have a Wonderful Time, Darlin'.
LOL Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships