Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:08 PM

27,288 posts, read 27,344,222 times

Advertisements

MMichelle Simple question - Answer is NO. I could not "settle" for someone I didn't find attractive. Frankly, I wouldn't even date someone I wasn't attracted to.

juniperbleu
Quote:

No, I'd rather be happily single than with someone who I have no attraction to. There's a difference between being alone and being lonely.
Ditto. Not to mention that I don't think it's very fair to the other person that they were just "settled for". I wouldn't want someone to just settle for me.

sierraAZ At this point in my life there isn't really any good reason to settle for somebody I'm not attracted to.

I see many in here who think the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 PM

109 posts, read 202,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
With all this talk of settling and leagues and what not im just curious

I know i cant be with somebody i have not even a slight attracion to physically..

If my "league" is women i have no atraction to then ill be single the rest of my life because i cant do it...

So would you settle with somebody you have no phyiscal attraction to just becsaue its all you can get or would you wait evne if it meant a good chance of never getting a person you are attracted to?
Um, check out my appropriate lover thread.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,098,467 times
Fortunately it's not an all or nothing question. You can be alone in a romantic sense, but have close friends who keep you company so you are not "alone" . It just comes down to sex then right? As in "would you rather have sex with someone you wern't attracted to or not have sex at all unless you pay someone attractive".

Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,843,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
This might be the saddest post I've read on this forum.
This is the saddest thread I've seen on this forum. However, there is little here that I didn't already know.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,088,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Fortunately it's not an all or nothing question. You can be alone in a romantic sense, but have close friends who keep you company so you are not "alone" . It just comes down to sex then right? As in "would you rather have sex with someone you wern't attracted to or not have sex at all unless you pay someone attractive".
I dont mean alone in isolation from the world im just talking no relationship and no sort of effection and companionship from the oppsoite sex..

Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
This is the saddest thread I've seen on this forum.
And what exactly is so sad about it?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:15 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,298,512 times
Women shouldn't even respond to this post b/c women get with men they are not attracted to all the time. But for a me as a man, impossible. A man cannot be with a women he is not attracted to because he cannot get aroused. Thats why its a little harder for me to marry for money. Personally, i'd rather be by my dammed self, unless I just want a friend b/c I'm really old

Old 02-09-2010, 12:58 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,173,326 times
I'd rather be alone.....if I am not attracted to the man, we're better off friends. Being alone would mean less laundry, less cooking, and less scrubbing of the toilet!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:05 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,878,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
EXACTLY!!!

And on that note I can think of tonnes of what I would consider very unattractive people who have hooked up with someone who also isn't bowled over by their physical features so much, but whenever they hear them speak they go weak at the knees.

Attraction is a very interesting thing actually.

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder AND we are all attracted to different things at different times in our lives.
Something I've thought about now and then, especially when things like this come up... What if all people were born blind. How would they choose a mate they were attracted to? Would they still depend so much on the physical attraction? Would they then choose according to the other senses? Would they insist that they wanted a beautiful partner? Wouldn't physical attraction be something of a moot point?

Just another of my random thoughts....

Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,396,687 times
Okay, you got me. There's no way I'm dieing alone.

That's why, when I reach around , eh,70(?), if I don't have a hot person by my side by then, I'm going out to find me a mesmerizing fella who doesn't have to be too hot, but it would help if he was, and get us married, or to live together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships