U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-27-2010, 10:16 PM

8,865 posts, read 4,179,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I know I'm coming back late with this but thought it somewhat "in my field" and felt the need to comment.

The spiritual teacher you read was mirroring my Taoist philosophy to a T.

Yes, it's hard for people to grasp, mainly because we as a society aren't accustomed to putting much effort into anything we receive.

Yes, most people struggle against themselves - hence, the booming market for self-help books and therapists.

And yes, acceptance is vastly preferred over judgment. Judging adds our prejudices and prior experiences to a person/event and discolors it. It hides the truth.

*stepping off philosophical soap-box*
Completely agree with the bolded.

Quote:
Just to show how out of it I am this evening...

• I thought you said "Hey, Seal!"
  • I thought that Inkheart was an unusual name for your son
  • Finally, I thought you were throwing walnuts at your poor husband, who was first frozen and then disappeared
Sifu, I'm laughing so loud at this! OMG, funniest thing I've seen in a while... Thank you.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:42 PM

15,417 posts, read 14,739,228 times
Quote:
Just to show how out of it I am this evening...

• I thought you said "Hey, Seal!"
  • I thought that Inkheart was an unusual name for your son
  • Finally, I thought you were throwing walnuts at your poor husband, who was first frozen and then disappeared
Hmmm...This means you must not drink any alcoholic beverage, before reading post.

Old 02-27-2010, 10:45 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,926,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hmmm...This means you must not drink any alcoholic beverage, before reading post.
Unfortunately, no.

...but if you think it would help...

Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 AM

18,311 posts, read 17,705,882 times
Finally. Taxes are FILED! Even got the son's done - this was his first one, so it was about a 5 min job.

His buddy is staying the night tonight. They came up to me about 11, car keys in hand, headed for the door and said "We're going over to so&so's house..."

I looked up and said What? At 11 o'clock at night you're going WHERE?? What kind of parent of a girl (they had named a girl in our neighborhood) lets boys come over at 11 at night??

Them: But it's Saturday!

Me: Yep it is.

Them: But all the kids just got back from the ring dance...the limo just brought them back. (My son's GF goes to a different school so he didn't go this year)

Me: Oh...so they just called you and you guys want to go down and hang out with them for a while?

Them: Yeah...they said come on over...they'll be there for a little while. We won't be long.

Me: Okay...you can go. But you aren't driving. You can walk.

Them: WHAT? Are you kidding? Why mom? It's too cold!

Me: It's a quarter mile walk at the most...you can RUN 10. Give me a break. You wanna go - you can walk.

Them: No way...we are NOT walking, mom. If we have to walk, we'll just stay here.

Me: Okie dokie.

Kids!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Finally. Taxes are FILED! Even got the son's done - this was his first one, so it was about a 5 min job.

His buddy is staying the night tonight. They came up to me about 11, car keys in hand, headed for the door and said "We're going over to so&so's house..."

I looked up and said What? At 11 o'clock at night you're going WHERE?? What kind of parent of a girl (they had named a girl in our neighborhood) lets boys come over at 11 at night??

Them: But it's Saturday!

Me: Yep it is.

Them: But all the kids just got back from the ring dance...the limo just brought them back. (My son's GF goes to a different school so he didn't go this year)

Me: Oh...so they just called you and you guys want to go down and hang out with them for a while?

Them: Yeah...they said come on over...they'll be there for a little while. We won't be long.

Me: Okay...you can go. But you aren't driving. You can walk.

Them: WHAT? Are you kidding? Why mom? It's too cold!

Me: It's a quarter mile walk at the most...you can RUN 10. Give me a break. You wanna go - you can walk.

Them: No way...we are NOT walking, mom. If we have to walk, we'll just stay here.

Me: Okie dokie.

Kids!
LOL, a lesson in priorities.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 AM

11,000 posts, read 7,217,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

Haha. They really told you, huh?

Not!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 AM

9,924 posts, read 8,930,390 times
Uggh! Too many Smarties....

Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
LOL! That's what I was thinking...

Old 02-28-2010, 12:25 AM

I came here to RELAX, people!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:27 AM

11,000 posts, read 7,217,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Are you talking about the candy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships