U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-20-2010, 11:26 AM

5,004 posts, read 5,222,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Gloomy. But we can see the river from our hotel room.
Cool! (the view, and evidently, the weather)

Last time I drove through there it was in the 100's. Always wonder what it's like to launch a WaveRunner there. Don't know anyone who owns property there.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:28 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,747,282 times
Quote:

At this same restaurant, Chow pointed out to me a nun driving out of the parking lot in a Mercedes. Do they get better perks now?
At the Catholic school I went to the priests and nuns drove cars that were donated by a dealership that had a long family history at the school, generations had gone there. IIRC it was a Lincoln dealership and they all drove big Lincolns. LOL.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 AM

8,596 posts, read 4,048,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Cool! (the view, and evidently, the weather)

Last time I drove through there it was in the 100's. Always wonder what it's like to launch a WaveRunner there. Don't know anyone who owns property there.
Yep, it's a tad nippy.

One time we came to visit on the 4th of July. Never again.

One of my cousins is planning to retire here. That's not going to happen anytime in the near future, though.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:30 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,791,553 times
Not all Catholic priests have to take a vow of poverty. The main Parish priest when I was growing up always drove a Mercedes, donated by the parish. The other priest took a vow of poverty and lived in some nearly run down apartments and rode his bike to the church.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Yep, it's a tad nippy.

One time we came to visit on the 4th of July. Never again.

One of my cousins is planning to retire here. That's not going to happen anytime in the near future, though.
Yes, I heard all the summer holidays are a zoo. Best to go there on weeks or weekends with no significance.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
At the Catholic school I went to the priests and nuns drove cars that were donated by a dealership that had a long family history at the school, generations had gone there. IIRC it was a Lincoln dealership and they all drove big Lincolns. LOL.
Hm.

There were other people in the car with her, so I was wondering if maybe it belonged to them. Now I'm not so sure...

Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Not all Catholic priests have to take a vow of poverty. The main Parish priest when I was growing up always drove a Mercedes, donated by the parish. The other priest took a vow of poverty and lived in some nearly run down apartments and rode his bike to the church.
Ah, I see. It just seemed funny.

Quote:
Yes, I heard all the summer holidays are a zoo. Best to go there on weeks or weekends with no significance.
No, I meant the heat. Yes, it's a MADHOUSE on holidays. One of my other cousins, the brother of the one I mentioned previously, has a boat and he's ALWAYS out there, a true river rat. Down by the Bridge, all the boaters gather in the water and party; lots of drinking, lots of girls flashing/topless, etc. Chow said the city now demands that they at least wear pasties, LOL.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,791,553 times
I'm just grumpy because it is raining here and going to screw up my whole plans. As nice as it was yesterday I thought that would continue today...so I wasted the nice day yesterday and today is miserable. And I'm severely hung over. Back to bed.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

No, I meant the heat. Yes, it's a MADHOUSE on holidays. One of my other cousins, the brother of the one I mentioned previously, has a boat and he's ALWAYS out there, a true river rat. Down by the Bridge, all the boaters gather in the water and party; lots of drinking, lots of girls flashing/topless, etc. Chow said the city now demands that they at least wear pasties, LOL.
Yes, that heat is intense!

Maybe more women than men watch Joe Francis videos and think that's the way to a man's heart? Whatever works...for them!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, that heat is intense!

Maybe more women than men watch Joe Francis videos and think that's the way to a man's heart? Whatever works...for them!
Eww, now I've got to go shower again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.