Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:29 AM

6,334 posts, read 11,077,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Is there any possibility of having a route or shift that does not include her place of work? If you can't avoid her my only advice is to make sure you are never alone with her. If she is the only one in the office when you get there try to depart without acknowledging her. And if she does anything really freaky, document it. Hopefully once you get enough evidence you can go to your boss and ask to be moved to a new route/shift. I'm sorry you are in such a crap situation
Yeah, I tried that but it only worked for a few weeks and the nonsense resumed.

I do know carry a piece of paper and a pen with me when I enter the building. I will document any improprieties from this point forward.

I have tried to obtain a new route or two to replace it but in this economy the work is not there. Apparently our company is picking up a large account in the Spring and if that materializes I may try to switch routes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,279,171 times
This is probably a no brainer, but, what the hey, I'm in a generous mood.
You stop at this office to drop off packages?

Stop. Drop. and Go.

Don't go in their breakroom. Don't sit down so anyone creepy can approach you. Just get the h-ll out of there.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Do not talk to her, do not have any eye contact, and do not allow her to touch you. This woman is a wack job and you need to stay away from her.
I have to agree this is definitely the case. From this point forward I will completely ignore her and not even acknowledge her existence.

I spoke to a friend that owns a law firm but he said cases like this are very hard to prosecute. Unless I can get a witness or something like audio or film of the incidents it would be her word against mine in court.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
This has been going on for three years and you had a similar problem with someone else in another office at some other time?

You complained to someone at your company (not hers) and the woman's overtures stopped and then started again a couple of months later. But you didn't go back to either the person at your company you had complained to or to the woman's supervisor but told the woman that you were going to get a "spy camera"? You sound an intelligent man but doesn't a re-read of your post sound a bit whacky even to you?

Why all of a sudden and now that she's actually leaving you alone have you decided to be in fear of her following you or doing something crazy? So she talks to herself - is that it? You say she's stopped bothering you but contradict yourself a couple of sentences later, so which is it?

If you only have to see her at most once a day then don't worry about it. If she starts to follow you on the street, texts you or emails you incessantly or otherwise invades your space then you may well have cause to file a restraining order against her. Until then, just go about your business and don't either get drawn into any sort of a non work-related conversation with her or react by any word or gesture to her muttered ramblings.

Good luck, and if anything like this happens again you need to learn to nip it in the bud immediately rather than have it go on for three years.

She's not leaving me alone. She did for a few days and then started up again. Just this past week she waited around for me to arrive back at the office at night and after I dropped the goods and got ready to leave she said something to the effect that I could take her home.

I don't have a cell phone or texting thingamajiggy and don't have to worry about being hassled like that.

I do only see her once a day or less on average when I arrive there to start the route. I can try to delay my arrival time back at the office with the hope that she will leave before I get back.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,922,877 times
Gotta say, If you've got time to stop and talk at all, never mind go for a break, or a coffee, then I'd kill for your job !!

I'm a driver too, we often do more than 160 drops per day.
Some runs, you need to do over 18 parcels per hour !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post

Stop. Drop. and Go.

Don't go in their breakroom. Don't sit down

Old 02-09-2010, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
This is probably a no brainer, but, what the hey, I'm in a generous mood.
You stop at this office to drop off packages?

Stop. Drop. and Go.

Don't go in their breakroom. Don't sit down so anyone creepy can approach you. Just get the h-ll out of there.
Precisely what I do now.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Gotta say, If you've got time to stop and talk at all, never mind go for a break, or a coffee, then I'd kill for your job !!

I'm a driver too, we often do more than 160 drops per day.
Some runs, you need to do 18 parcels per hour !!
Sounds like a Fedex or UPS driver.

I spend more time on the road than I do making deliveries. My stops are miles apart at a time.

As it is I don't really spend a lot of time talking to customers especially in Kansas City because most of these people are not playing with a full deck. I've lived in ten states and never really had issues like this in any other place except here. A sign that I should not be here I guess.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Precisely what I do now.
Problem solved

Old 02-09-2010, 06:45 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,922,877 times
Nearly.
I work for a major company.

We do much more than the Fedex, UPS, or DHL. Their faces go white when we tell them what our targets are !!

I'm too old for it now, it's a young man's game.
I make great money, but I'm always too tired to spend it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Sounds like a Fedex or UPS driver.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
I'm too old for it now, it's a young man's game.
I make great money, but I'm always too tired to spend it !!
.....42? You're just a young'un Bobman!!!
I recommend Vitamin B12 and B6. And lots of water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships