Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:56 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if there are more people who have preferences in terms of whether too many partners vs super low number or none would be a deal-breaker.
I'm seeking a man with few (8 or less depending on the age) or no partners, one that is similar to me in that area. I can't relate to those with too many history. I don't know but is it wrong for me to simply want to feel special and not just ''his 20th + girl'' and I'm not interest in reformed men who used to be studs in their early years but now settled down.

I know some people are into ''the past is the past, as long as he/she cares about you'' but I don't know. The past does matter esp. when dealing with compatibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 10:03 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I was wondering if there are more people who have preferences in terms of whether too many partners vs super low number or none would be a deal-breaker.
The only deal breaker for me would be a virgin. I want an experienced lover, would have no interest in a rookie.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
The only deal breaker for me would be a virgin. I want an experienced lover, would have no interest in a rookie.
Yeah I must be weird then. Those are the rare ones to find. Where do they hide? Maybe I don't like being compare to a man's former lovers.

The less the better for me. That would be interesting, teaching. I wonder how they feel in that moment when they're being taught.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 PM

109 posts, read 202,640 times
Quote:
I'm seeking a man with few (8 or less depending on the age) or no partners, one that is similar to me in that area. I can't relate to those with too many history. I don't know but is it wrong for me to simply want to feel special and not just ''his 20th + girl'' and I'm not interest in reformed men who used to be studs in their early years but now settled down.

I know some people are into ''the past is the past, as long as he/she cares about you'' but I don't know. The past does matter esp. when dealing with compatibility.
I thought it was pretty par for the course to NOT discuss past relationships when entering a new relationship? Where I come from it's just not 'kosher'.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishka View Post
I thought it was pretty par for the course to NOT discuss past relationships when entering a new relationship? Where I come from it's just not 'kosher'.
Some people will still do it. Still, too many past relationships would be a deal-breaker.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Quote:

Quote:
Yeah I must be weird then. Those are the rare ones to find. Where are them that they hide? Maybe I don't like being compare to a man's former lovers.

The less the better for me. That would be interesting, teaching.
You're perfectly normal not everyone wants someone that's been around the block with a 1000 different people. I feel the same way as you do as far as women go of course. There could be lots of different reasons for this for you, me, or anyone it's noones business really if that's what you prefer there's nothing wrong with it. Plenty of people say they prefer someone "with" experience so it would be ridiculous to try and scold someone for saying they prefer someone with a "limited" amount of experience.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
Quote:
Thanks for posting that. OP should be more concerned about how this guy's going to treat her in the present.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Quote:
That depends on the individual there is no right or wrong. Relationship history is the same as any other history, financial, criminal, educational, etc. It's all things that make up who you are.

"Thanks for posting that. OP should be more concerned about how this guy's going to treat her in the present."

That's just your opinion of course....she can be concerned with whatever she wants to be concerned with....again if
someone can say they want someone with a lot of experience then the opposite has to hold true in that someone can say they want someone without much experience.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:17 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,250,778 times
I care that he cares for me and hopefully he will for the rest of our lives. He's compatible with me on more levels than the sexual one. But not being on that plane is a deal breaker.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,896,840 times
This would be way down on my list of priorities and would only be an issue IF it affected my relationship in the here and now.

I don't care if it's more than me, or less than me or none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships