U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,738,181 times

Advertisements

(This is a hypothetical question, so please don't take it personally.)

If a woman is dating someone, but she is also dating other men at the same time but she is not committed to any of them, is this a turn off to men or a turn on. Meaning, the woman is just dating, not sleeping around, not cheating. Would a guy be more interested in a girl if he saw he had competition or would he be turned off?

I can see it both ways. I can see how if a guy liked the challenge he would want to try for the girl. But then there are also guys who would be turned off because they would think the girl was just playing games with them. So what is your take on it?

What would you think? And if you're a woman, how would you feel if it was a guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 AM

15,088 posts, read 15,791,118 times
A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I would have thought such a situation bad but I then I realized that a woman who is not committed yet can do whatever she wants, But she better not get upset at me because so can I.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 AM

6,682 posts, read 11,810,474 times
In theory it's good. The reality though is that you'd always be wondering if the other person is in fact screwing around.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:36 AM

10,999 posts, read 10,542,574 times
I'm a woman, and would not like for a man to be dating many others at the same time as me. In fact, when I see a man is constantly dating women without a commitment of any kind, I see him as shallow and move on as fast as I can on to someone who knows what he wants.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:40 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,484,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
(This is a hypothetical question, so please don't take it personally.)

If a woman is dating someone, but she is also dating other men at the same time but she is not committed to any of them, is this a turn off to men or a turn on. Meaning, the woman is just dating, not sleeping around, not cheating. Would a guy be more interested in a girl if he saw he had competition or would he be turned off?

I can see it both ways. I can see how if a guy liked the challenge he would want to try for the girl. But then there are also guys who would be turned off because they would think the girl was just playing games with them. So what is your take on it?

What would you think? And if you're a woman, how would you feel if it was a guy?
Sounds like someone is preparing to manipulate some unsuspecting victim.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 AM

1,581 posts, read 2,738,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Sounds like someone is preparing to manipulate some unsuspecting victim.
Thanks for not making it personal

Old 02-09-2010, 12:51 AM

3,284 posts, read 2,484,968 times
Quote:
Thanks for not making it personal
You set 'em up, I knock 'em down, Babycakes.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:12 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,337,996 times
Depends on the situation...2 or less dates, the woman is free to date whomever at the same time. After the 3rd, choose one as it's starting to get serious.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:38 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,963,876 times
Quote:
Even if it was as innocent as your scenario. It would be a huge turn off for me. I don't play the field and would not be interested in a woman who does. And it wouldn't matter how many dates we'd been on, in fact I wouldn't go on a FIRST date with a woman who's already dating other guys.

Quote:
It's simple...I want a woman who wants me. Not one I have to constantly try to convince and prove myself too as compared to other guys.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 AM

9,365 posts, read 16,565,125 times
Initially it wouldn't be a big deal, but after a few dates it would be a turn off for me. While I do like a challenge, I'm not into the competition games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships