Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:03 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times

Advertisements

Because I like my money and my house. Have dated some great gals, but it never worked out and I travel for my job quite often. Besides most of my friends have said they wouldn't marry their wives again. Love the kids though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 08:12 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
1. He doesn't want to get financially raped in court.
2. He doesn't want to get tossed out of his house by an accusation of domestic abuse where he is denied due process.
3. He doesn't want to have kids with a woman who can legally kidnap them via the fmailt courts.
4. He doesn't want to vow his sexuality to one woman who can turn around and tell him that she will never sleep with him again and thus his sex life is over.
5. He wants to come home to a quiet sanctuary rather than a house ruled by a shrew and filled with shrieking kids, neither of whom he can discipline without being arrested even if it is just raising his vioce.
6. He sees ABSOLUTELY NO ADVANTAGE to getting married!
7. In the words of Braveheart: FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that about covers it.
So I take it you're not a fan of getting marriedWhy don't you tell us what you really think about marriage

Old 06-17-2010, 08:34 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
So many possibilities. But marriage is not always the goal for everyone.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:50 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,729,262 times
A 40+ single guy still single has set being single as a priority in his life. Because if that were not the case, he would have found a way not to be single by now. Maybe his priorities were taking care of siblings or parents, or working on his career, or hell, even drinking, partying and playing the field. Who knows? If he wanted another life and never made time to have it, then he's finding out the hard way that time doesn't wait for anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships