Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:26 PM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
My personal opinion:

WHen I was in my early 20s, I took extacy 3 different times over the period of 2 years.

I personally had no compelling reason to go back to it and get "hooked". It really is not that type of drug that I could see.

The first time I took extacy it was an amazing experience. It only had a positive effect on my life.
The second time I took extacy, it was not life-changing.
The third time was a great experience, almost as much as the first. All 3 times were with friends, twice were actually days at the beach during the summer, and there was no drinking or other drugs involved.

Having said that, I agree with what some of the other posters have mentioned. Unless you KNOW you are getting 100% mdma, it is risky business now adays. The pills that we had were very clean. Unless you know what you're getting, don't do it.

Also, if this is smoething you will regret, it is best not to do it! And therefore if it's regretable, I say ditch the man as well. Obviously, if you are posting here about your questions regarding his "drug use", then these problems will probably not disappear. You need to ask him what HE does, you need to ask yourself if you can accept this or not.
People that don't know any better make assumptions based on what the media states or rumors they hear. I've taken ecstacy numerous times and I've never been addicted or had the urge.

Now with that being said, it's bad for the fact that you don't kow what is in it and that is where the risk lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
People that don't know any better make assumptions based on what the media states or rumors they hear. I've taken ecstacy numerous times and I've never been addicted or had the urge.

Now with that being said, it's bad for the fact that you don't kow what is in it and that is where the risk lies.
Assumptions or not, what I highlighted is the bottom line.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:39 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

For that very reason I would never touch something like that.

We could start a poll on how many people actually know someone that OD'd. I know 2 off the top of my head....probably more that I've lost touch with and are now dead and I don't know about it.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:03 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:

Umm no. What I said is ALL based on personal experience. Like I said I know one person that died from it because it is cut with so much crap.

Also the people who do E tend to hang in crowds that do meth, Special K, and snort heroin. I have *personally* seen E be a gateway to other worse drugs.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:06 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Run. Run fast.

End of story.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
NO, NO, NO ... Just say NO!

My city just reported teen and young adult deaths on the rise from using this drug.

The kids think it's fun to take this and roll at raves but then they can't stop and use it in combo with other drugs. This stuff has been around close to 30 years and goes in and out of style.

Some can stay recreational drug users, while with others it sprials into a serious problem that leads to death or prison. Stay smart!

Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,108,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby15 View Post
Should I finish with him ? I love him to bits though , should I let this put me off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If you have any self respect at all, absolutely don't go there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
My best guess is that if push came to shove, you'd find that he loves his drugs more than he loves you! But what do I know? I'm just a former state narcotics agent.

My biggest beefs with street drugs are that they're illegal, there is no quality control, they can be dangerous, they take control of you and you often have to deal with scum of the earth to get them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Ecstacy was not prominent during my time. I left law enforcement over 20 years ago. However, even if a drug is not physically addictive and isn't replacing substances the body would otherwise manufacture naturally, it can be psychologically addictive. The best rule of thumb is to avoid them all.

You are asking us to give you our opinions. Some are based on fact. Some are based on experience and some are just paranoia.

Illegalities: You can be jeopardizing your future if you get caught and wind up with an arrest and conviction. You can be jeopardizing your life just trying to get the crap - those people who "deal" are pretty scary.

Health issues: As others have said, there's no quality control, it probably isn't pure - meaning you have no idea what else is in there. Even if it IS pure, it does affect your health - you can get so excited that you forget all about safer sex and just go with your hormones. Pregnancy, STDs, etc.

Psychological - addiction is addiction, whether it's physical (as in alcohol, tobacco, or heroin, etc.) or psychological. If you crave something, it's an addiction. The most difficult addiction to get rid of is the psychological one - as with tobacco.

Financial - there are cheaper ways to get "into" someone sexually or romantically - try finding someone you like and respect - that will go a long way.

And lastly, it doesn't say a lot about your self-respect if you think of staying with someone who has so little respect for you that he is willing to subject you to any of the above. What would your mother say?

Ooh, ooh, let me pretend to be your momma - ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FRIGGIN MIND?

Dump him, child, he's not worth your time.

Old 02-11-2010, 01:45 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
How old are you Sebby15?

Old 02-11-2010, 08:37 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingMunkeyCU View Post
I think a lot of the people here are blowing the situation way out of proportion. With that said, I have never taken any drugs or smoked tobacco. I have (and do) drink alcohol on occasion.

There's a few problems with most everyone's reactions here:
1. Most are poorly informed about the properties, reactions, effects and dangers of drugs. Their information is taken from the anti-drug commercials regularly aired on TV/Radio, government propaganda and hearsay from other people that have bought into said advertisements.

2. Yes, many drugs are illegal. However, just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's inherently bad or dangerous. The 'War on Drugs' is widely known as a complete failure and money pit, putting more relatively innocent people in prison while letting hardcore criminals free. It's an easy publicity grab for police forces to put a 'dangerous, bloodthirsty axe-murdering marijuana smoker' behind bars. Secondly, everyone has broken the law at some point in time, whether you know it or not.

3. David Nutt, a highly educated, highly respected scientist (holding PhD and MD degrees in Psychiatry and Neuropsychopharmacology) was head of a government committee in the UK called the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. In 2009, he published a paper effectively ranking the danger of several drugs and classes of drugs. He was fired from the position after making substantiated claims that alcohol and tobacco are more dangerous than many drugs that are classified as illegal.

4. Of late, scientists and doctors have started working closely with educated drug users, after learning that many users are more well educated about the uses, effects, etc of the drugs they are using than they had previously realized. This has enabled the scientific community to discoveries of other non-recreational uses for illicit drugs. One popular reference is Erowid with detailed logs of experiences, uses, etc of just about any drug you can imagine.

5. Lastly, and most importantly, make your own decisions and don't let other people pressure you into or out of an experience. Do your own research, do your due diligence and treat the situation with a healthy suspicion until you know the guy better.
How in the world can LSD be higher than ANYTHING on the dependency scale. No one can do enough of that drug to become dependent without kissing mental health and reality goodbye. Would you post a link to that graphic?

Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 PM

146 posts, read 371,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebby15 View Post
Hi

I have met this wonderful guy who loves me to bits...

He is a nice person but he said something that really threw me the other day.

He asked me if I would do ectasy with him!

I am not sure how to take it...

I guess at least he is not hiding it from me and wants to share the experience with me...

I know its a love drug maybe he wants to have those loving feelings with me? as it also amplifies sensations when one touches or caresses another particulary during sex

who knows can anyone help me? What should I do?

many thanks
I suggest if you are considering to take drugs, you should make sure you personally want to do it. Don't let others influence you to do something you do not want to do. If you feel you want to try it, do it with people you trust. Make sure you know that they are experienced with drugs and can handle the situation.

It's not bad If he is a recreational user, but if he abuses drugs or does it on a regular basis that you feel is beyond fun and its more addiction i suggest you re-consider the type of guy your going for. You seem like a good girl, don't get caught up in a guys drug mess because he will take you down with him. Don't try to change him by suggesting to alter his habits as it may just conflict between you two.

Be safe and good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships