Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,317,293 times

Advertisements

To me, the number one job in the world would be that of a Naval aviator...or Marine aviator...one who's capable of landing on a carrier...

Very very sexy.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,884,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
People always think I love math because I'm in accounting. I always tell them it's basic math and that's what excel is for! LOL It's actually a lot of theory, a lot of problem solving. There's a strange sense of accomplishment when you get your debits to equal your credits.
I went into bookkeeping long before Excel was even thought of. I even had an adding machine that you put in the numbers and pulled a handle to make it print! lol Then came electric adding machines and calculators so my being lousy at math was no problem. I AM a lot better at it now, of course. I still like to play with numbers.

Yes, there WAS that feeling of accomplishment...and people being soooo thankful you found it!

Old 02-17-2010, 07:13 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,601,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I originally wasnt going to post here because I couldnt think of any sexy professions. But after giving it some thought, I find these professions sexy:
You forgot female (and male) taiji instructors!

Old 02-25-2010, 12:57 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,918,818 times
Professor
Engineer
Programmer
Doctor

Considering my husband is a programmer with an engineering degree, I think I did OK!

I'm definitely more turned on by careers that require mental strength rather than physical strength.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:01 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,245,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
I'm definitely more turned on by careers that require mental strength rather than physical strength.
Yes, me, too.
But they also have to be leaders with a lot of confidence.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:14 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,789,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinksquid View Post
Professor
Engineer
Programmer
Doctor

Considering my husband is a programmer with an engineering degree, I think I did OK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yes, me, too.
But they also have to be leaders with a lot of confidence.
That's fine it's nice to know you look down on the guys that built your house. Once again women always act like they're too good for blue collar workers or laborers and just assume they are dumb or what not. Snobs....I'm just so fed up with this line of thinking from women.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,380,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's fine it's nice to know you look down on the guys that built your house. Once again women always act like they're too good for blue collar workers or laborers and just assume they are dumb or what not. Snobs....I'm just so fed up with this line of thinking from women.
Nobody said they looked down upon or thought less of blue collar careers.

If anybody is assuming, it's you.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:39 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,789,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Nobody said they looked down upon or thought less of blue collar careers.

If anybody is assuming, it's you.
I've mastered how to read between the lines. I just see this mentality a lot from women it gets old after a while. Some guys like jobs that involve getting their hands dirty not everyone wants to sit in a cubicle or office all day. It doesn't mean were oohhhh soo much dumber than one of your silly television professions that you're enamored by. I'm guessing the new one now is women have a thing for forensic scientists since there's like 5 C.S.I's? Seriously get over it already.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 02-25-2010 at 05:47 AM..

Old 02-25-2010, 06:00 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,380,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I've mastered how to read between the lines. I just see this mentality a lot from women it gets old after a while. Some guys like jobs that involve getting their hands dirty not everyone wants to sit in a cubicle or office all day. It doesn't mean were oohhhh soo much dumber than one of your silly television professions that you're enamored by. I'm guessing the new one now is women have a thing for forensic scientists since there's like 5 C.S.I's? Seriously get over it already.
Apparently...and you managed to overlook a number of posts while doing it.

There were a number of posts from women who listed blue collar and trades jobs. You just chose to pick the few that are turned on by different careers.

By the way, what's wrong with being turned on by scientists or the like? Are they not worthy of women's interest???? Only blue collar workers? You can't say it's about money, because it's not like those jobs rake in the dough. I don't know many forensic scientists living a cushy lifestyle.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:04 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,637,018 times
Reading between the lines? I'd call that projection. You feel inferior so you believe that women regard you so.

How many beefcake calendars are dedicated to construction workers vs. computer programmers (yeah, that silly television profession)? Mmm, dirty nerds in cutoffs and a hard hat.

Get over yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships