Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 01:16 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times

Advertisements

I'm not rich anymore, right now...and my winking several states away didn't creep you out. But then again I am devilishly handsome. Maybe you just thought the guy was old? Creepy = old in chick speak. Unless you secretly hated my winking, them I'm running away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 01:16 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,899,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Yeah what's up with that? Single moms want to meet single guys...but when we approach you guys freak out and think we are pervs? Do you guys like shooting yourselves in the foot or something?
No, I just don't want to have to carry my own gun to defend my kid against a perv, which I would do in a heartbeat. I generally have great instincts when it comes to people in person, online that is a little more difficult.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:27 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
If the site is specifically for single parents, then I would be suspicious of men who don't have kids joining up.

This is probably going to sound very sexist, but I could understand a woman who couldn't have kids joining because women have a strong maternal instinct and must go through hell trying to conceive through IVF, etc. She'd want to meet a man who has kids. But a man? First off, many aren't thrilled about being fathers and some shirk their responsibilities. Secondly, it's not a huge deal if a man is the one who is sterile -- there's always the sperm bank. And, lastly, there are single mums EVERYWHERE in real life looking for partners/stepfathers so they aren't difficult to find if that's what you want.

I'd be very cautious.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Did he write anything else to indicate why he might legitimately be on that site?

I think the red flag is the fact that he made mention of having a lot of money. That kind of announcement seems like bait to me...for what? I don't know, but I would just delete the email and move on.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM

I should add that I view this as I do married people showing up on singles' sites. They need to step off.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Did he write anything else to indicate why he might legitimately be on that site?

I think the red flag is the fact that he made mention of having a lot of money. That kind of announcement seems like bait to me...for what? I don't know, but I would just delete the email and move on.
He didn't actually say it, but on his profile it states over $300,000 annual income. But that accompanied by the fact he DOESN'T have kids, and isn't even in the same state. It just sort of reminds me of Michael Jackson for some reason..lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I'm not rich anymore, right now...and my winking several states away didn't creep you out. But then again I am devilishly handsome. Maybe you just thought the guy was old? Creepy = old in chick speak. Unless you secretly hated my winking, them I'm running away.
Don't take this too personally, but I didn't think about where you were, and the only picture I see of a person on your profile is someone's feet.

Last edited by floridadreamer; 02-10-2010 at 04:15 PM..

Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
I went to a dating site for Latino women and there were still women on there who were black, and white

I'm trying to understand your point

Old 02-10-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I went to a dating site for Latino women and there were still women on there who were black, and white

Did you think they belonged on there? And did you read the profiles actually to make sure the women weren't Puerto Rican or something because I've seen lots of blond, red headed, and black looking Latinos.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Did you think they belonged on there? And did you read the profiles actually to make sure the women weren't Puerto Rican or something because I've seen lots of blond, red headed, and black looking Latinos.

Yup and they were white and black looking for a latino male

Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

Latinos can be white, black or brown. It's an ethnicity, not a race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships