Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:42 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,218,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
But for as long as laws exist, there would be a need for legal advice and legal representation. These are services that most persons may need in their lifetime. Take divorce, or intestacy as examples.

I think also need is time dependent. Today there is less need for blacksmiths, yet for millenia before cars were invented there was.
everyone and there mother goes to law school today.. there's way more lawyers than there is need for them. not so with medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,361,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Now that's a surprise coming from you samston, do you need a reminder there was a time the same was said about you.
Yes. But I have learnt some lessons and realised that life is too short to mope.

Also, I have realised that many of my problems stem from me. I am my own worst enemy, and this is the key for me to be more content.

The key for betamanlet is to find the ultimate root of his problems.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:36 AM

740 posts, read 1,229,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
He posted a couple of pictures of himself (I'm going to assume they're him) He's really a nice looking guy, but his OCD isn't the premise of his posts. He's carries a lot of false ideas about what he thinks women believe and think, reads and posts whatever he can find to back up his premise.

He's refusing to accept any thoughts to the contrary. It's his deal and on him.
I don't know that much about OCD, but I think that sort of behavior fits in with the diagnosis.

Mr. Manlet, I lived in Rosslyn for a few months and your not a place I would like to be single. However, I don't think the area is the cause of your problems, just a contributing factor. I doubt you will follow any advice I give, but on the off chance you do, here goes:

You need to go to places where your odds of meeting quieter, more reserved people is higher. Bars and such are not good for folks that are more withdrawn. Try going to some of these events: Smithsonian: Events , http://www.ciw.edu/publications_online/CapitalScienceEvening2009-2010Brochure.pdf (broken link) , Koshland Science Museum - Upcoming Events (http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/events/index.jsp - broken link) (there are hundreds more, these are just the ones I had bookmarked from the time I lived there) . I don't know what your interests/hobbies are, but try to find a group that does the same. Don't view these things as meet markets, but rather as a way to make connections to other people. Talk to everyone, not just the girls you are interested in. For all you know they have single friends and if they like you they might introduce you to them.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,066,921 times
there is a beauty to not being a chick magnet.
my best friend is a chick magnet, i didnt say they were good women, i just said a chick magnet.
he does not like them, even when he beds them.
i on the other hand am a cat magnet.
i am a bit lonely but forget when i am feeding and petting them. i am happier this way.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
I don't know that much about OCD, but I think that sort of behavior fits in with the diagnosis.

Mr. Manlet, I lived in Rosslyn for a few months and your not a place I would like to be single. However, I don't think the area is the cause of your problems, just a contributing factor. I doubt you will follow any advice I give, but on the off chance you do, here goes:

You need to go to places where your odds of meeting quieter, more reserved people is higher. Bars and such are not good for folks that are more withdrawn. Try going to some of these events: Smithsonian: Events , http://www.ciw.edu/publications_online/CapitalScienceEvening2009-2010Brochure.pdf (broken link) , Koshland Science Museum - Upcoming Events (http://www.koshland-science-museum.org/events/index.jsp - broken link) (there are hundreds more, these are just the ones I had bookmarked from the time I lived there) . I don't know what your interests/hobbies are, but try to find a group that does the same. Don't view these things as meet markets, but rather as a way to make connections to other people. Talk to everyone, not just the girls you are interested in. For all you know they have single friends and if they like you they might introduce you to them.

Hey thanks for the advice. I'm taking a class starting this sunday, but it's only going to be 3 students. Thinking of taking rock climbing lessons in Alexandria as well.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
there is a beauty to not being a chick magnet.
my best friend is a chick magnet, i didnt say they were good women, i just said a chick magnet.
he does not like them, even when he beds them.
i on the other hand am a cat magnet.
i am a bit lonely but forget when i am feeding and petting them. i am happier this way.

I have an alpha male friend like this, women constantly want him, but he not only dislikes them, he also doesn't respect them, in the slightest. Yet he gets women, and I don't. But yes, every day I'm saying more and more the benefits of the lack of drama and the anxiety it causes.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,536,124 times
How's your theory that women are drawn to drama working out?

Old 02-12-2010, 06:57 AM

740 posts, read 1,229,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Hey thanks for the advice. I'm taking a class starting this sunday, but it's only going to be 3 students. Thinking of taking rock climbing lessons in Alexandria as well.
My pleasure. I hope it helps. My friend had such a similar experience in your area and after living there for a bit I can totally see why. Not the easiest place to meet folks.

This was one of my other favorite set of lectures/events to go to: Programs, Lectures & Symposia

Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 AM

37,415 posts, read 45,595,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Psycho fame-stalkers are not interested in nice guys. They are, however, obesessed with death-row killers who have been in the news. This has zero to do with sane people on either side. Why would this be relevant to normal people?
It isn't. He has no reasoning abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
you've obviously drawn the wrong conclusion. When I read this story, the only thing I conclude is that there are a lot of messed-up women out there.
Most people get that. The OP is logic-challenged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
Now, given the choice between a whiny beta male and a serial killer, most normal women will stay single or become lesbians.

Apparently the inability to read is another one of your faults.
No kidding. Yeesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
We get what your point is, but we don't agree with it.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Don't just listen to what women say. Observe what they do. I've been observing this for a long time and they do not go for such men. And I'm not talking about whiny types either. Solid men.
And that's load of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
betamanlet, the reason why Scott Peterson gets a lot of attention from so many females is because the media was used to plaster his image up for 280 million people to see.

If I could snap my fingers and plaster your image up for 280 million people to see, for about 3 weeks (despite your plea to sympathy approach to find a mate), so many women would be beating down your door you would need to sign up for some kind of witness protection program. As a matter of fact, this is why the same celebs get all the girls; everybody already knows who they are, and that in itself is attractive.
Exactly Morphous. This is painfully clear to most people. Simple logic at play here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
everyone and there mother goes to law school today.. there's way more lawyers than there is need for them. not so with medicine.
I just don't believe you've been through law school. I don't see it. The posts, the attitude...nah.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,361,544 times
Manlet, do you visit a therapist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships