Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
it is possible, but i haven't really looked at the whole child support related issue concerning this.. I am kind of thinking it relates to dead beats..but i want to look into it more, just because i have never heard of such a thing before this morning..

As far as credit cards?..again, not 100% sure how this works either..anyone have info relative to this ??..again , just curious..

Insurance here relates to covering you and your vehicle, and others in the event of an car accident.. If you cause it, you have to pay on someones insurance claim..the $ worth of the incurred damage and such..

The main reasons i can think of why someone would lose their license here for say a 5-7+ yr period would include such offances as Drug trafficking/possession..DUI..Causing a major Accident w/possible injuries..perhaps a death..??..but again, i am no expert in such things...
See? Tonne of reasons it could have happened and probably a whole bunch of scenarios we haven't even thought of. I'd be asking and if the person was hesitant to answer, that's fine, but in order for me to continue dating them I'd eventually need to know why, take it or leave it.

I think it's a really interesting subject though si.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 10:06 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
See? Tonne of reasons it could have happened and probably a whole bunch of scenarios we haven't even thought of. I'd be asking and if the person was hesitant to answer, that's fine, but in order for me to continue dating them I'd eventually need to know why, take it or leave it.

I think it's a really interesting subject though si.
Yes, which was why i had to ask everyone here..as soon as i got finished watching this week's episode of Lost..can't go a week without it..

Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Yes, which was why i had to ask everyone here..as soon as i got finished watching this week's episode of Lost..can't go a week without it..
haha! Good to see you've got your priorities right!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:14 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,035,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
haha! Good to see you've got your priorities right!
LOL. yep, gotta know whats going to happen to Claire..my other favorite Aussie

Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
LOL. yep, gotta know whats going to happen to Claire..my other favorite Aussie
haha! Very smooth!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 PM

146 posts, read 371,193 times
Quote:
..Date, or get involved with a guy who did not have..or has had his License revoked?...
Having a license isn't on my application to be my boyfriend. There is public transport or my car, i don't mind driving or he can even drive my car if he wants for a bit as long as no cops are around .

Any women who judges a man because he doesn't have a license or car is petty and lame and you shouldn't get involved with them cause it means they are high maintenance.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
I doubt the reason would be medical if the guy was going to get his license back in a few years. It's not like his epilepsy is magically going to disappear.

It would be a big red flag for me, but I'd be willing to listen. If he wouldn't tell me, forget it.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,644 times
Quote:
A caller stated that she was dating someone who had his revoked..at the age of 22..and would not get it back until he was about 30 or so... he was currently 24..and she stated that this wasn't a problem for her (him not having his license/having it revoked)
I think in a situation where they wouldn't get it back for so long, I'd need to know why. If they wouldn't share that information, then I would say no to dating them, because they were likely a habitual drunk driver, or something pretty serious.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:25 PM

148 posts, read 550,287 times
no it should not bother you. nobody is prefect in this world. ask him why and if he /she doesn`t want to talk about it then let be for now. just tell them you want to know and you won`t judge them because everyone makes mistakes nobody is squeek clean dont dumb them ecause they dont want to talk aout right away everyone is loved by someone good or bad you judge for your own life. people now days dont want to stay in a relationship when time get hard however cheating kick his/ her butt to the crub and dont look back

Old 02-11-2010, 05:28 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,925,526 times
Because I have a congenital heart condition, I'm facing having my driving licence revoked.
Should I be extra nice to my g/f, because if I'm ever single again, I'll have no licence, not a great job, I'll be under 5'10, and don't own my own house..
I'll never get a date !

There are plenty reasons why a guy could have no licence, can we not at least keep some kind of perspective ?
Why does everything have to be a "red flag"?

If we overuse it on trivial stuff like this, then it loses it's power, and real read flags go ignored

I heard tell of an office washroom. In there, one hot tap was always much hotter than all the rest.
People were getting scalded on it, because it was real hot.
So, they put up a sign "CAUTION, HOT WATER". And, for ages, nobody scalded themselves.

THen, some brainbox decided that all the taps should have a "CAUTION, HOT WATER" sign.

Now, everyone burns themselves on the tap which is still hotter............

Are some red flags redder than others ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships