Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Do you have to have the legal component? Can't you make that commitment without it? Unless you are religious and then I accept how religious people are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Again, the reason why you married, unless it is an arranged or shotgun marriage.
I'm religious. That's what I meant by "faith." Faith in my partner is a given else I'd not have married in the first place. Unfortunately, the first wife wasn't faithful but that didn't deter me from entering into my current marriage. It just proved I was wrong about the first one but fallibility is part of the human condition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
I agree with all the posts. Another consideration is that maybe your friends hate the attention prospective lovers are giving you, and resent the fact that not only are you already married, but are stealing their thunder as well.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:51 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
I invite my married friends out for meals, shopping, movies, hanging out, etc. BUT I will NOT invite them out for a night on the town to a club because I don't want their husbands' all over my azz for taking them out to a place that mainly caters to a singles crowd. Because then I become the "bad" friend. When they actually mean "that single friend."

Old 02-12-2010, 10:22 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Wow, I thought I was crazy in feeling this way. Every since my husband and I got married, things suddenly changed overnight (though we've been together for over a decade). My friends more or less stopped talking to me and I never get invited out. When I invite them out, it seems they always have some excuse. I guess they weren't my friends to begin with.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No kidding. I looked so much better before I got married. My skin has never been this bad, I've put on weight and stress is my middle name...
I swear I've gotten hotter since I got married, I get hit on more than I ever did before. I don't understand...

Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Wow, I thought I was crazy in feeling this way. Every since my husband and I got married, things suddenly changed overnight (though we've been together for over a decade). My friends more or less stopped talking to me and I never get invited out. When I invite them out, it seems they always have some excuse. I guess they weren't my friends to begin with.
I don 't think that's necessarily the case. You had a major, life-changing event they don't have or haven't had. You've simply moved outside of their comfort zone. It's more human nature than rejection. They also probably assume you want to spend your time with your husband and aren't comfortable with the idea of a married woman in a singles environment.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
I don't treat my married friends any differently than the single ones. If anything, it is they who change the rules and choose not to go out.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:51 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Well I dont think that just cuz your married your life stops. However if I wanna party all the time ill just stay single. Becuase thats a single lifestyle.

And I wouldnt want to marry a girl that wanted to go to a club on a regular basis. I want her to have her friends and her life. But shakin her a$$ at the club isnt something I want her doing often. Just my thing though.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:02 AM

But see, my friends and I never hung out in clubs or bars to begin with (not in the past 9 years or so), and I've been with my husband for 10 years so marriage hasn't really changed anything. It's as if the 'title' of being married has built some sort of invisible wall.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM

897 posts, read 1,592,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Well I dont think that just cuz your married your life stops. However if I wanna party all the time ill just stay single. Becuase thats a single lifestyle.

And I wouldnt want to marry a girl that wanted to go to a club on a regular basis. I want her to have her friends and her life. But shakin her a$$ at the club isnt something I want her doing often. Just my thing though.

Quoted for truth.

The simple fact of the matter is that you are now a waste when it comes to a single girls' night out. You're that girl that might scare away the game because no guy in a group (unless he's the type that will try to sleep with a married woman) wants to entertain the married gal in the group. It's one thing to the be the guy who entertains the ugly chick who is likely to c-ck block unless she gets some and entirely different to be the guy who has to chit chat with the married chick. Besides, the married chick will probably c-ck block regardless because she already has a man at home so she feels she has nothing to lose by doing so and that's why most friends, female or otherwise, stop hanging out with you once you get married.

Interests and habits DO change once you are married. For example, I still have a few single friends out there (hell, one of them was in my wedding party) but we never get together any more. I'm more interested in actually spending time with my friends while they are more focused on hunting for vagina. I have married friends as well (mostly from work) and we have way more in common and much more to talk about like paying a mortgage and the sacrifices we make in order to do so every month or complaining about our wives. Meanwhile, all my single friends ever want to do is blow their paycheck on a weekend trip or at some meet market bar or club. See? My single friends and I are no longer compatible. To married men a guys' night out is bowling or getting together to watch or play a sport but to single men, a guys' night out is getting together for the hunt.

Going out dancing is great too but I don't think that you should ever do it without your spouse once you are married because it sends out the wrong message. Hell, I even thought that going to a club without my (then) girlfriend was pushing it when I hadn't married her yet because, again, the reason for guys going out to clubs is getting some.

And for the poster who said that she is hotter since she got married because more guys are hitting on her; I highly doubt it. Chances are that you're just noticing it more now than before because now you can't do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships