Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:30 AM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times

Advertisements

My mother told me something years ago and I believe it. She said "you cant have a marriage in a bar". And I tried anyway. And Im divorced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
No kidding. I looked so much better before I got married. My skin has never been this bad, I've put on weight and stress is my middle name...

Hon. you've been going through all this turmoil with your husband & the coming divorce.

I would feel stressed out too.

Best of Luck & Future Happiness & Love for you.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:53 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I'm religious. That's what I meant by "faith." Faith in my partner is a given else I'd not have married in the first place. Unfortunately, the first wife wasn't faithful but that didn't deter me from entering into my current marriage. It just proved I was wrong about the first one but fallibility is part of the human condition.
Exactly.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:56 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Hi, Do any of you younger women or men feel like your friends assume that you won't go out with them or do fun things since you are married? I recently confronted some of my friends because they never ask me to go out anymore. They said they didn't think I'd want to because I'm married. The one time I did go out with them (they are all single) a few guys came over and joined our table. When I dared open my mouth to join the conversation with the guys, my friend said, "just so you know, she is married" Instantly I felt like I wasn't entitled to even speak. Does any one else get this assumption that since you are married, you don't want to have fun anymore? I feel so old compared to my friends when they act this way!

My beautiful, beloved Barb & i loved each other & lived together over 21 years. No piece of paper.

We & friends used to hang out at a local bar, a friend owned. We enjoyed/Fun playing shuffleboard, pool, darts, large dance floor, outside BarBQ's. Some tournaments weekly...

My beloved Barb passed on in 2006 from cancer. I'm very blessed to have had many years of fun & memories together. We went to places we never would have gone to, if we hadn't met.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:58 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
Well, truth is, married people rarely say yes when you ask them if they want to go out, and if they do, they usually have a curfew. So after a few 'no', people just stop asking.

I do try to hang out with my married friends, but it's usually something nerdy, like dinner. I wouldn't ask a married girlfriend if she wanted to go dancing. She'll say no anyway.
This is basically how I feel. I keep in touch more with my married friends by email or Facebook rather than in person. Once they're in that committed relationship, I as a friend have been moved down the totem pole (and rightly so.) And once they have kids, forget about it.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:03 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I agree with all the posts. Another consideration is that maybe your friends hate the attention prospective lovers are giving you, and resent the fact that not only are you already married, but are stealing their thunder as well.
I agree, they are trumping any opportunity you have to gain someone's attention and detract from them by throwing down the married card, regardless of your intentions.
In other words they:
swapped your energy bar for exlax the night before the marathon
drained the oil from your race car before the race
sent your horse to the glue factory before the race
tied your shoestrings together at the starting line

Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Hi, Do any of you younger women or men feel like your friends assume that you won't go out with them or do fun things since you are married? I recently confronted some of my friends because they never ask me to go out anymore. They said they didn't think I'd want to because I'm married. The one time I did go out with them (they are all single) a few guys came over and joined our table. When I dared open my mouth to join the conversation with the guys, my friend said, "just so you know, she is married" Instantly I felt like I wasn't entitled to even speak. Does any one else get this assumption that since you are married, you don't want to have fun anymore? I feel so old compared to my friends when they act this way!
Most men who have had their wives cheat on them will tell you it all started out with her hitting the clubs with her single girlfriends. Given the fact that outside male attention excites you quite a lot - as we can see by some of your other posts - your friends probably don't want to have anything to do with this type of situation. I know I wouldn't. I would not judge you were you my friend, but I'd prefer you have your "fun" talking and flirting with men without me being involved. Doubly so if I liked and respected your husband.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Most men who have had their wives cheat on them will tell you it all started out with her hitting the clubs with her single girlfriends. Given the fact that outside male attention excites you quite a lot - as we can see by some of your other posts - your friends probably don't want to have anything to do with this type of situation. I know I wouldn't. I would not judge you were you my friend, but I'd prefer you have your "fun" talking and flirting with men without me being involved. Doubly so if I liked and respected your husband.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM

622 posts, read 1,279,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Exactly right! Every guy I know that has been cheated on will tell you it started with his wife have regular girls night out. Not like go eat or anything. But clubbing with her single friends.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:01 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I would never have joined my friends on a singles nite, where meeting men was one of the main objectives for the single ladies. I still did things with my single freinds after I married but we all had common interests outside of bars and hookups so it wasn't a problem for us. Bars and clubs hold no interest if you aren't on the prowl...and even then they held no interest for me. You can't socialize with your friends in a crowded, noisy environment like that anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships