U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:56 PM
RVP

14 posts, read 15,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
You're normal. Cancellng dates is not unreasonable, but acting like a jerk and yelling at you is. This guy is a loser. Get away from him dear and don't look back.
Agreed.

Move on and don't look back.

Fast!

Good luck,
RVP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 11:49 PM

112 posts, read 252,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badq View Post
So here's the story... he canceled my date twice for reasonable reasons... And we suppose to meet this Sunday for valentine's but then he had this big necessary assignment he need to spend time working on so he canceled the date...

This makes it three times in a role... So I told him I'm a little sad and I'm questioning a bit that he wanna meet me or not, but I didn't get mad at him at all but somehow he got really angry and said that I said that I'm not reasonable... He said I have trusting issues... He would shout at me like I did something really bad when I didn't...

And I was just like, is it wrong that I felt like that? In my point of view, I think it's common to feel like rubbish when you got canceled even though you know its necessary to cancel... I mean, it's 3 cancels in a role, I don't know how big is 3 times in a role since he's my first boyfriend. But anyway, I always felt excited everytime that I'm gonna meet him and when the "cancel" comes up, it makes me feel a little down.. PS. He's many years older than me... Am I normal? or am I selfish?
Move on, there is more fish in the sea. Keep fishing you will catch that one someday.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:35 AM

3 posts, read 8,944 times
no no we've met face to face many times... He was a friend of my friend and we've been together for 7 months... He's on his early 20s and I'm still in high school... We're not online lovers

we had a lot of good times together... he cancels sometimes but never 3 times in a row and he would always say to me to understand his life and I do understand, but it's just that I feel like rubbish anyway

Thanks for replying you guys... At least I know, that what I'm feeling is normal...

Old 02-17-2010, 08:14 AM

1,372 posts, read 937,783 times
If he keeps canceling on you, I'm sorry but you are not "together"...you are a backup...Hope you move on...

Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 PM

5,404 posts, read 7,700,435 times
i have to agree with folks. its fishy that we would get mad at you for something like asking about this.

he should be understanding, unless he is hiding something.

ditch this loser.

Old 02-18-2010, 09:47 AM

787 posts, read 1,047,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If you were my daughter and you told me this story, I would lock you in your room to make sure you couldnt see him! For your own good. And while you are in the room we are going to have a talk about how men are supposed to treat women and how women must stand up for themselves and not take this crap. And when we are done with our talk we are going to have a spelling and grammar lesson so maybe we can attract a better caliber of men in the future! All this father of 3 daughters can tell you right now is RUN FROM THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!
..your daughters are very lucky to have a dad like you!

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM

1,052 posts, read 908,497 times
Run away as fast as you can. No one will care if you are streaking at all And it's worth it to burn through a pair of expensive shoe soles than many months of unhappiness.

As a man, I feel the need to defend my fellow brethren in that maybe he does have a lot on his plate, being in college and what not.

But he should know that cancelling 3 times in a row is a no-no. Especially without an apology or a way to make it up to you (i.e. flowers, surprise gift, etc).

This man does not think of you romantically as a man who loves a woman would never leave her hanging 3 times without an apology and makeup whatever after that

Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,098,501 times
Quote:
So here's the story... he canceled my date twice for reasonable reasons... And we suppose to meet this Sunday for valentine's but then he had this big necessary assignment he need to spend time working on so he canceled the date...

This makes it three times in a role... So I told him I'm a little sad and I'm questioning a bit that he wanna meet me or not, but I didn't get mad at him at all but somehow he got really angry and said that I said that I'm not reasonable... He said I have trusting issues... He would shout at me like I did something really bad when I didn't...

And I was just like, is it wrong that I felt like that? In my point of view, I think it's common to feel like rubbish when you got canceled even though you know its necessary to cancel... I mean, it's 3 cancels in a role, I don't know how big is 3 times in a role since he's my first boyfriend. But anyway, I always felt excited everytime that I'm gonna meet him and when the "cancel" comes up, it makes me feel a little down.. PS. He's many years older than me... Am I normal? or am I selfish?
As a former baseball player, I think I can provide some insight for you:

Three strikes?
He's outta there!

Dump his sorry, duplicitous ass and trade-up. Sod it.
Good luck.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:43 PM

807 posts, read 842,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
If you were my daughter and you told me this story, I would lock you in your room to make sure you couldnt see him! For your own good. And while you are in the room we are going to have a talk about how men are supposed to treat women and how women must stand up for themselves and not take this crap. And when we are done with our talk we are going to have a spelling and grammar lesson so maybe we can attract a better caliber of men in the future! All this father of 3 daughters can tell you right now is RUN FROM THIS MAN!!!!!!!!!
A little over-protective, aren't you? Easy on that rifle...

Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 PM

807 posts, read 842,471 times
Quote:

The first date is a First Impression meeting. If he cancels that and he's not in the hospital, then you're not that important.

Would he cancel an important job interview of a lifetime?

That is how he should treat your date. Now if he has an emergency such as hospitalization and family death, then give him a 2nd chance. But he blew the 2nd and 3rd. Shows he has bad time management, low priorities on you, and a temper to boot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships