Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 01:52 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
LOL--I've never had that happen to me but I tend to just not smile and everyone assumes I'm mad or serious. I'm just being normal..I'll try being nicer tonight at HH and see what happens..I'll keep you guys posted

The Marathon Man

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Because now I won't know who the next weirdo is that may take my smile/hello down this path again.

SMILE

But Walk with a bigg Stick.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:58 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Dang, if you were younger I would tell you to mention that you were 16 lol. I use that line (since some 16 year olds look like they're 20!) and it scares the creepers away.

I would keep a few lines up your sleeve - some really funny, but wacky stuff. Scare them a little.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:00 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Dang, if you were younger I would tell you to mention that you were 16 lol. I use that line (since some 16 year olds look like they're 20!) and it scares the creepers away.

I would keep a few lines up your sleeve - some really funny, but wacky stuff. Scare them a little.
Or even better, say it at our age and it will get them running double time. Underage and looks like she is over 30! EJECT!

Old 02-12-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

Just tell them you have a std (disease).

Old 02-12-2010, 02:10 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
If the guy went so far as to actually hug you it might have been a good idea to tell a security person in the store if they had one. They probably wouldn't have arrested him but it might have put enough of a scare in him to think twice about behaving like that in the future. I've seen guys act like that when I commuted to work on the bus for many years to downtown Seattle. The problem in that situation is that a woman is stuck on that bus for the entire trip and if some creep comes up and sits next to them and then becomes overbearing it would be difficult to know what to do. I have seen women get up and move to another seat and I noticed that many women would appear to be preoccupied by reading a book or something and I suspect that they were doing that as a way to avoid having to interact with guys who might start flirting with them.
There's nothing wrong with flirting but when someone clearly isn't interested and even says they're married the guy needs to back off. Sorry that happened to you.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoidmary View Post
Unfortunately it is not an uncommon thing. Old ladies, little kids, random strangers of both genders like to touch my hair. This was the first time, though, that it was not prefaced by a, "Ohhhh! Can I touch your hair?"
Sounds like you have beautiful hair! I'd stick my lil' hands in it, too! I love playing with hair and particularly with beautiful hair. Might've been a hair-dresser in my previous life... Perhaps that's why I prefer toupees to bald heads.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:16 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,524,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Just tell them you have a std (disease).

Ha! Like that would stop a lot of guys.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM

740 posts, read 1,233,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sounds like you have beautiful hair! I'd stick my lil' hands in it, too! I love playing with hair and particularly with beautiful hair. Might've been a hair-dresser in my previous life... Perhaps that's why I prefer toupees to bald heads.
When I babysat in high school it was my secret weapon with little girls. I let them play Barbie with my hair. Hours of entertainment for them, some seriously bad looks for me

Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Ha! Like that would stop a lot of guys.

That & a .357 would make them Believers.

hahaha

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships