Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,477,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
Since when have women become puritanical and angelic?

Human history is littered with women who behave as sexually adventerous, as men. Certainly women as a gender are no strangers to using sex for manipulation and sex for pure pleasure. It certainly is not an oddity or rarity.
It's also not the majority

You yourself said it, "women are no strangers to using sex for manipulation" meaning they aren't doing it for the pleasure so much as doing it to attain something else they need to survive. Men who hook up with one night stands or FWB are doing it for the sex alone.

But in general woman don't want to go around hooking up like guys do. Even when they like/love sex they prefer it with some form of love/committment from the man they are doing it with. UNLESS, they are doing it for some sort or survival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2010, 06:19 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,784,626 times
Women that are promiscuous or prefer short term relationships and FWB's are generally more manipulative than the wholesome girl next door that's just looking for true love. This is a fact and it's not open for debate.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:24 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,233,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Hopefully I will be moving to Las Vegas, NV later this year from Orlando. I want to stay focused on that goal and getting into a serious relationship would be a very bad idea as it could slow me down in my goal, if not stop it altogether if feelings get real serious

So as of right now I am seeking something more short term, or something physical with no commitment

People have told me there are women like that everywhere who want something short term with no commitments but ALL the women I meet want a long term serious relationship

So is what those people said about some women wanting short term relationships true? Or am I really involuntarily celibate until I move to Vegas in October?
I think you are going to be involutarily celibate AFTER you get to Las Vegas. No matter what you think about the city, women there want love, affection and commitment just like women who live any where else.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:25 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,789,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
We get this question on here a lot? Why is it so hard for guys to believe women go for one night-several months stands, just like guys do?

I guess guys figure women are incapable of just hookin up for a while. You are mistaken.
Because society says, women are sooo emotional. We couldn't handle a "hook up". We enjoy each other's company and pleasure. Then, I'm out! These things just happen.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:13 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,148,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's also not the majority

You yourself said it, "women are no strangers to using sex for manipulation" meaning they aren't doing it for the pleasure so much as doing it to attain something else they need to survive. Men who hook up with one night stands or FWB are doing it for the sex alone.

But in general woman don't want to go around hooking up like guys do. Even when they like/love sex they prefer it with some form of love/committment from the man they are doing it with. UNLESS, they are doing it for some sort or survival.
I don't believe for one minute that you know what the majority is.

People love to talk a big game.

People love to speak about being on a higher moral ground, being conservative, or blab about values and raise themselves above everyone else; based on their so-called religious values/beliefs. Or just based on their own phoneyness.

Pretense isn't fact. It's a charade.

But the truth of the matter is, the large majority of people are full of crap; when it comes to these things.

And there is no bigger topic that people are more full of crap about, than, their own sexuality.

And women are at the top of the list when it comes to being full of crap about sexuality.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,650,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
Because society says, women are sooo emotional. We couldn't handle a "hook up". We enjoy each other's company and pleasure. Then, I'm out! These things just happen.
No, because men and women are emotionally different. The typical male emotional response isn't better nor worse than the typical female emotional response, but it is indeed different. The average woman's emotional response to sex is different than that of an average man. Exceptions exist, but they occur less frequently than people want to believe.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:43 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,477,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I don't believe for one minute that you know what the majority is.

People love to talk a big game.

People love to speak about being on a higher moral ground, being conservative, or blab about values and raise themselves above everyone else; based on their so-called religious values/beliefs. Or just based on their own phoneyness.

Pretense isn't fact. It's a charade.

But the truth of the matter is, the large majority of people are full of crap; when it comes to these things.

And there is no bigger topic that people are more full of crap about, than, their own sexuality.

And women are at the top of the list when it comes to being full of crap about sexuality.

Unlike you, I have no agenda - I'm happily married. You are entitled to your opinion, I just happen to think you are clueless about women.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:07 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,562,447 times
Sue women obviously like sex. Either that or they are the best actors in the world.

However what the op wants is non committal sex. Someone who does not care about you, but is willing to share her body with you. That is prostitution any way you look at it. It is equally so for the guys, excpet it is usually the guy rather than the woman who pays.

It is fairly well established that women connect emotionally. Their sexual desire is driven by emotional connection. For men is is physical. Thus, women are more likely to only be interested in sexual partners that they actually care about.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:16 AM

30,707 posts, read 79,562,447 times
Observiing the discussions between my daughters and my wife, what makes a guy "hot" is not look, although that is a contributing factor. The real issue is demeanor, how he acts towards you, how ambtitious, confident, and lotal he is. Is he cheking out other women while talking to you - definitely not hot. Does he stare at your breasts - not hot. Does he listen well - Hot. Does he have ambtiious plans fo rhte future - Hot. Then and only then do factors like pretty eyes, face structure, build, muscles, etc come ito play. Those may have an impact on getting initially noticed, but getting labled as "hot" involves a lot more. I do not understand what makes a guy good looking or "hot" so I sometimes ask them "Is that guy hot?" They answer "How can I tell, I know nothing about him." On the other hand, my daughters are committed to remaining chaste until they marry, so maybe they are different from other women.

However if you read books by people who study attraction they say otherwise. Women cannot have a normal sexual attraction to a guy without an emotional connection (i.e. caring about him and him caring about her - meaning som sort of attachment/commitment).

Look at the posts on FWB. The majority of people say it does nto work. SOmeone always becomes attached.

Old 02-16-2010, 07:20 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,401,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Hopefully I will be moving to Las Vegas, NV later this year from Orlando. I want to stay focused on that goal and getting into a serious relationship would be a very bad idea as it could slow me down in my goal, if not stop it altogether if feelings get real serious

So as of right now I am seeking something more short term, or something physical with no commitment

People have told me there are women like that everywhere who want something short term with no commitments but ALL the women I meet want a long term serious relationship

So is what those people said about some women wanting short term relationships true? Or am I really involuntarily celibate until I move to Vegas in October?
Damn straight there are and I have known several the last while. Just be upfront, for me I say pretty much from the outset, I'm not after a serious relationship, rather some casual fun. More girls are into this than will let on to their friends.
Without going into too much detail the last girl I hooked up with, we chatted, something in particular came up in our conversation, which lead me asking her out for dinner. Its all about delievery and taking charge.
Once you find yourself getting emotionally attached, its time to end it and move on. But thats just me, I embrace lust but NOT love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships