Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:31 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,296,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
If you are speaking of emotions, no one can hurt you, you and only you can let yourself be hurt. It's a choice.

How do you become involved in a relationship without opening yourself up to the posibility of being hurt??

When I say relationship, I mean something more then just mindless sex...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 07:55 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
I love men...they are and can be more sensitive then women...and some of my best friends have been men (none of them being a physical intimacy)
but....I have sworn off dating and ever being married again...for many reasons, not just one.

I've never knows a confident man whom I've chosen for a spouse, not to mention, compatiblity...to me is very important. I no longer blame them, but myself, for choosing such inappropriate men for companions.

But men, to me, are very interesting creatures....some of them, with hearts of gold....sensitive, intellectual, kind, giving and thoughtful human beings....

creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-18-2007 at 09:16 AM..

Old 06-18-2007, 10:29 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
How do you become involved in a relationship without opening yourself up to the posibility of being hurt??

When I say relationship, I mean something more then just mindless sex...
You have that chance through the choices you make, it is the CHOICES YOU MAKE and no one else. Meaning that no one can hurt you unless you let yourself be hurt. Believe it or not men get hurt on relationships too, but that's life. You live, you learn, you get hurt, you get over it, you move on. Not every women is a be-ahch and not every man is an a $$. Being hurt is a choice you made, by the prior choices you made. No one escapes it, it's called life.

And I know what a "relationship" is, I've been married over 20 years. Heres an example ... when my wife digs into her little 'bag of pain' which you ladies know what that is ... that event that took place many years ago the the man has long forgotten, that some women like to dig up and stab you in the chest with it ... with "Well I remember when you .... blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda whatever" you choose to be hurt or not with that little bit of history. I respond with "Hmm, I don't remember that, very odd you need to dig up the distant past make a case, could we get back to the present please."

Point is you can't be hurt unless you let it happen, barring being hit in the face with a skillet, that would hurt.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I love men...they are and can be more sensitive then women...and some of my best friends have been men (none of them being a physical intimacy)
but....I have sworn off dating and ever being married again...for many reasons, not just one.

I've never knows a confident man whom I've chosen for a spouse, not to mention, compatiblity...to me is very important. I no longer blame them, but myself, for choosing such inappropriate men for companions.

But men, to me, are very interesting creatures....some of them, with hearts of gold....sensitive, intellectual, kind, giving and thoughtful human beings....

creme
If they're more sensitive then women, good chance they love men too.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I am always talking to women who after a bad relationship or divorce have decided that Men are worthless and have sworn off men. They have many girl friends who provide emotional support anyway. I rarely talk to a man who swears off women after a divorce or bad relationship. Men quickly get back into dating and usually get married again quickly. Is this true in your experience and if so, why?
I wouldn't touch another woman if you paid me to. Since my divorce I haven't even touched a woman - seven years without a kiss, hug or sex. I'm glad I'm single. I would never get involved with a man, either, just because I hate women doesn't mean I'm gay. I'm just happy without a woman in my life and I want it to stay that way.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:29 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,119 times
Quote:
I am always talking to women who after a bad relationship or divorce have decided that Men are worthless and have sworn off men. They have many girl friends who provide emotional support anyway. I rarely talk to a man who swears off women after a divorce or bad relationship. Men quickly get back into dating and usually get married again quickly. Is this true in your experience and if so, why?
Some of those same women then either have lesbian experiences, finds out she is a closet lesbian or they have an intimate emotional connection with a female that eventually turns sexual.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:52 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,790,281 times
Hmm, well it's been exactly 4 weeks since I found out my husband is gay, and I'm actually excited about maybe someday dating a man who actually likes women--what a novel thing that would be. My grandmother and mother swore off ever finding another man, but I'm just not made that way--I love men, and could never turn to another woman for intimacy. That said, I have no idea yet whether I'll ever be ready to get married again--I guess I'd better get comfortable being single first--I've been married almost half my life. I don't feel like I want a man to support me--I just think men are more fun to be with.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:03 PM

318 posts, read 820,548 times
I think simply our brains work differently. Women tend to internalize a lot while men are quite opposite. We are more....... hormonal. Men are taken aback by the things most women take offense to. In a similar fashion women tend to inflate what may seem like insignificant things to their male counterparts. Thus, if hurt, women tend to swear off ALL men while men are left baffled ready to once more play the field.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:07 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,156,010 times
Quote:
Women are looking for love and a relationship, men are more interested in satisfying their sexual needs. So if a woman can't find love and gives up on the search, having just sex isn't that important to stay in the singles scene. The men are just following the little head in their pants. They can manage on having purely sexual encounters without an emotional commitment just fine.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
i agree. women are more independent. this is good.but i have seen more than one on college campus with her skirt hiked up and top yanked down yelling i am so glad i am not dating.
it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships