U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 05:31 PM

8,525 posts, read 8,180,109 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to know.....

I was thinking about some of the guys(sex offenders) at the shelter that have girlfriends. I wonder if the girlfriend is aware.

But do understand sex offender has many meanings. It's not a guy sleeping with an underage girl. A 15 year old that had sex with a 17 year old can be charged as a sex offender. Even if the 2 agreed to have sex with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 PM

4,232 posts, read 3,559,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

I was thinking about some of the guys(sex offenders) at the shelter that have girlfriends. I wonder if the girlfriend is aware.

But do understand sex offender has many meanings. It's not a guy sleeping with an underage girl. A 15 year old that had sex with a 17 year old can be charged as a sex offender. Even if the 2 agreed to have sex with each other.

My first reaction was no way, not knowingly anyway. But I guess on reading your post it would depend on the circumstance. There would be very few occasions where it would be acceptable though.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:39 PM

7,373 posts, read 7,264,403 times
No I wouldn't. (Wouldn't date a man living in a shelter either.) Yes, 17 having sex with 15 is a possibility, but it isn't worth the hassle to me in order to find out. I'd pass.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM

18,985 posts, read 16,194,208 times
Having made an entire career of locking them up and keeping them in some form of custody I certainly wouldn't advise anyone to date one.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:13 PM

3,042 posts, read 2,112,648 times
You don't have to have sex or anything close to it to be charged with sexual assault.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:42 PM

392 posts, read 596,146 times
Again you can't lump everyone into the same pile here. Why can't people think a little.
My thoughts and feelings:

Child molestors: Chain a brick to their leg and drop them out in the ocean

Child rapists: Execute them slowly and painfully

Rapists: Lock them away for life and keep them away from all society

Some young dude 19 years old with a 17 year old girlfriend: Should not be a sexual predator, but the law says they are.

Anyone who "PREYS" upon another human in sexual, violent way should not be allowed out ever. Anyone who PREYS on children, should not be allowed to live.

Calling teens who have sex and one is a year older and an adult, a sexual predator is wrong in my opinion. When I was 17, I knew what was what and had sex with a 19 year old GIRL and it was beautiful, it was not a crime. I was not a victim, trust me! I was one happy young stud!

So it depends.

Old 02-18-2010, 06:51 PM

4,838 posts, read 5,111,622 times
Just about all high school sex involve a potential sex offender. You mean "convicted sex offender". Otherwise you'll never date an alpha male!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:01 PM

12,024 posts, read 12,381,399 times
Quote:

Do you work with sex offenders? I'm confused about the meaning.

According to the criminal justice system, sleeping with an underage girl classifies as a sex offender.
The above you've posted that's highlighted seems contradictory.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,175,574 times
Quote:

Ah, Ronny, how did ya know what's next on my wish list?!

Quote:
A 15 year old that had sex with a 17 year old can be charged as a sex offender. Even if the 2 agreed to have sex with each other.
I think this is total disgusting BS! However, I'm not sure I'd marry a man with such a record regardless... I'd imagine it haunts you for life! Would such an unfortunate guy be really on the sex offenders' maps?! Guess so... Some of the idiocy in this country just makes my blood boil!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 PM

8,525 posts, read 8,180,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
According to the criminal justice system, sleeping with an underage girl classifies as a sex offender.
The above you've posted that's highlighted seems contradictory.
Yes, I work with sex offenders.

I do not want to get into the legal aspect of it. That's for another forum.

I will say what I stated IS NOT contradictory........I work with S.O's and understand all of the gray areas. That's what the laws don't tell.

Again, this is not about the legal aspects. It's about dating.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships