U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 PM

23,987 posts, read 17,701,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I like La Douche , that's his new nick name
You sure it wouldn't be El Douche???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 07:24 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,786,902 times
Quote:
I'll bite , what am I?
Let me think of a word that maybe won't get me banned... Umm, silly? Naive?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:27 PM

1,581 posts, read 1,967,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Just tell him that you would like this to be a business relationship only. He's probably really used to having women throw himself at him, like you said, and he's one of those goons that pumps his head up in the morning with air, at the gas station.
Yes, he has the typical Hollywood ego. Which is why I moved from LA several years ago. I was thinking of abandoning the idea of doing any projects with him, and working with someone else. I don't like being put in this position. I feel like he is using his title as "director" to get somewhere with me. Frankly, it doesn't impress me. Either I like you, or I don't. I don't care who you know, or what you do.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Let me think of a word that maybe won't get me banned... Umm, silly? Naive?
I'll go with silly if you go with judgmental

Old 02-18-2010, 07:31 PM

7,165 posts, read 9,576,610 times
Yes, he wants in your pants and will do anything he can to get there.

Doesn't mean he won't work with you. Be an a** and let him know how insulted you are and he will drop out of sight, along with any hope of any sort of business relationship.

Just curious, but why don't you mix business with pleasure?

Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,786,902 times
Quote:
I'll go with silly if you go with judgmental
Whatever, dear! You asked; I told you. I'll also tell you there is NO such animal as a guy "friend"!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Yes, he wants in your pants and will do anything he can to get there.

Doesn't mean he won't work with you. Be an a** and let him know how insulted you are and he will drop out of sight, along with any hope of any sort of business relationship.

Just curious, but why don't you mix business with pleasure?
There would be nothing pleasureable about having sex with guy friend in question. I have been friends with him for 10 years! If I had wanted it to happen, it would have happened a long time ago! Even the thought of it grosses me out .

Maybe if he was more direct I would respect him more, and maybe I would even be willing to go on a date with him. But the fact that he is trying to be sneaky about it, is just plain underhanded.

I have come to realize that me having business relationships with men is going to be very hard. Mainly because this will keep coming up. I've been thinking of sporting a wedding ring, my friend thinks I should try the "I have a lesbian lover at home and she's mad, crazy jealous" bit.

We'll see .

Old 02-18-2010, 07:42 PM

3,261 posts, read 2,774,592 times
Quote:
I haven't had the best of luck with guy friends, I'll be honest. My past experiences have made me especially cautious, but I have realized that although men can be how men can be, there are some good ones in the bunch. So recently, I have reconnected with some ol' guy pals.

Here's the problem. One of my career ambitions is to be a writer. I would like to do both screenplay and novel writing, and because of some advice, I've recently been working on a script. One of my guy friends is a director. After I told him about my writing, he was very eager to read my work and discuss some project ideas with me. It seemed like a good opportunity at first, but then he started acting weird around me and now I'm starting to doubt his intentions .

Here are some examples of his slimey behavior: he has little pet names for me "gorgeous" "beautiful" etc. When he suggested we meet to talk about project ideas, he asked me out to dinner on Valentine's day(), he makes me feel guilty when I can't meet up with him.

Am I overreacting? What should I do so that I can make it clear to him that I only want to talk about business? My other guy friend thinks he just wants to get laid and is using the whole "I'm a director" thing to get in my pants. Thoughts?
Well, if he's a "friend", I am going on the assumption that he is close in age to you. So personally, his calling you beautiful or inviting you for dinner on V-Day, doesn't sound to me likes he's a Slime Ball but rather that he's an opportunist and a guy.

Just be straight up and say you're interested in keeping it professional and you don't want special treatment becase you are "friends:. His reaction will tell you if he's really a Slime Ball or not.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM

713 posts, read 873,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraaz View Post
no, he's just a guy. I can tell you what you are... But i'll refrain...
lol

Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,504,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Whatever, dear! You asked; I told you. I'll also tell you there is NO such animal as a guy "friend"!

Friendship will only work if there is no attraction (for me), otherwise I want to be friends in bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships