Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Yes, but you still had every right to decide you didn't want her as a GF. I'm guessing by "hadn't been a saint", you possibly slept with her then later decided not to date?
No, we didn't have sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 09:05 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I know somebody like this.

A man who is almost 40.

In his very early 20s, this guy had a girl he was crazy about. He loved her. AND?.... she cheated on him. But he wanted to give her a chance, and when she asked for forgiveness, he forgave her... only for her to cheat again and then to dump him.

Afterwards he became a callous man who has used many women for sex. He's bragged about his sexual conquests, about he even seduced former employees in his business, etc.
This was my point exactly! Sometimes, good people do things out of character because they are hurt. Just because they are "good" doesn't exempt them from being human and as humans....we are all flawed. (whether some want to believe that or not)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

I only hope that the women here who denounced Chris would have denounced Ashley if their roles had been reversed.
My response would be the same for either gender. A cheat is a cheat and gender does not have any bearing on my lack of sympathy. I am not saying what Chris did was right...pretty crafty in terms of revenge but he was hurt. The DJ's were total a**es and I dont' agree with their participation in the antics. Revenge is a human emotion brought about by pain. Some can take the higher road and move on but I doubt it is without some cost emotionally, physically, etc.....if only life were that simple.

IMO the "public humiliation" issue is overrated. It was radio...not national TV. For anyone outside of their inner circle...it just Chris and Ashley, faceless characters to the rest of the world. Believe me, the people in their inner circle would have found out the reason for the break-up. Does the fact he did it on a radio make his actions worse? After all, she was making out with her "friend" all over town...exposing her little tryst to anyone who knew them. So did he not suffer any public humiliation? Yes he did...his fiance' is making out with another guy open and flippantly for all to see....which ended up happening.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:10 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Sorry, if someone wastes 5 years of my life, I will thank them in an appropriate manner. Sorry if you and others would prefer to be passive, I guess that's what makes us different. I guess that’s not ok around here, though, is it?
Umm, do I strike you as a passive person? No, really?

But if I was cheated on (and it's not like I haven't been in the past), I would approach the situation in such way that he would be under my door crying and begging. I would never humiliate him publically like this, because then he wouldn't regret cheating on me (and I'm pretty sure the woman in question doesn't).

Old 02-24-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Chris both told Ashley he loved her with all his heart and yet subjected her to an extremely painful and humiliating experience.
That's pretty much what this discussion is all about. Some of us are simply saying that if he really loved her "with all his heart" like he claims, he wouldn't have done this to her.

Forgiveness goes a long way.

What she did was classeless and horrible, and what he did showed that he didn't really love her with all his heart.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Regardless of how strongly you believe that, just remember, it is an OPINION, which does NOT make it factual or lend any sort of additional credibility.
Jays, it's all an opinion. None of us here are stating "facts", not you, not me.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Umm, do I strike you as a passive person? No, really?

But if I was cheated on (and it's not like I haven't been in the past), I would approach the situation in such way that he would be under my door crying and begging. I would never humiliate him publically like this, because then he wouldn't regret cheating on me (and I'm pretty sure the woman in question doesn't).
So what's the difference? Really, your decision would just be an alternative way of making him suffer. It's no more classy or less humiliating to have him begging and crying at your doorstep rather than outing his cheating ass on live radio.

It's all the same ****. They're just different forms of vindication and what you perceive as justice.

Quote:
Jays, it's all an opinion. None of us here are stating "facts", not you, not me.
I don't know, some of the posters here kind of give me a "anything I post is fact" type of vibe, and always have.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
That's pretty much what this discussion is all about. Some of us are simply saying that if he really loved her "with all his heart" like he claims, he wouldn't have done this to her.
i could be wrong, but i am fairly sure that he stated that in the past tense.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
So what's the difference? Really, your decision would just be an alternative way of making him suffer. It's no more classy or less humiliating to have him begging and crying at your doorstep rather than outing his cheating ass on live radio.

It's all the same ****. They're just different forms of vindication and what you perceive as justice.
Can't you see, a woman needs to do absolutely nothing for that to happen? That's how cheaters usually react when they feel remorseful and want to be taken back. But at least she has her dignity intact.

Actually now that I'm thinking, that girl Ashley got out easy, she is now feel justified. Maybe she should thank him.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Can't you see, a woman needs to do absolutely nothing for that to happen? That's how cheaters usually react when they feel remorseful and want to be taken back. But at least she has her dignity intact.

Actually now that I'm thinking, that girl Ashley got out easy, she is now feel justified. Maybe she should thank him.
I still find it funny how you are jumping back and forth between doing the "classy" thing and finding which way would allow him to suffer most.

You can't do both, MM. You can't sit here and ooze sympathy for her because the entire listening audience now knows what a whor* she is and on the same hand state that you would much rather that person suffer and grovel at someone's doorstep.

So which one is it gonna be? Would you do the "classy" thing, or would you be a d-o-g, too? I can assure you that there is never anything classy about pushing someone to drown in their own self pitty... I guess that makes you classless right along with me.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
I still find it funny how you are jumping back and forth between doing the "classy" thing and finding which way would allow him to suffer most.

You can't do both, MM. You can't sit here and ooze sympathy for her because the entire listening audience now knows what a whor* she is and on the same hand state that you would much rather that person suffer and grovel at someone's doorstep.

So which one is it gonna be? Would you do the "classy" thing, or would you be a d-o-g, too? I can assure you that there is never anything classy about pushing someone to drown in their own self pitty... I guess that makes you classless right along with me.
You are still missing the point dude. I repeat: a woman has to do absolutely nothing for a cheater to suffer and beg for forgiveness. Majority of them feel remorseful knowing they let a good thing get away. I wouldn't have to do anything, Na-da, zero for him to suffer. And if he doesn't, he doesn't. It's not ME that's going to do anything, it's his consiousness, if he has one.

Until you get the point, this discussion will be hitting a brick wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships