Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 10:31 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,392,338 times

Advertisements

She deserved it, but...damn...that's brutal! If you're going to do that you better be sure you have your facts straight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 10:32 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,957,933 times
I'm doubting this whole thing

Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,504,399 times
How hilarious! And I listen to this after getting an email titled "How to tell when she's mad" which has photos of scorned women vandalizing property and resorting to public humiliation.
A local radio DJ use to have a regular segment called "War of the Roses" where a they would set up cheater with the scorned SO on the the phone also. I always figured it was staged because it's no secret where the station is and I always figured someone would beat the hell out of that DJ.

Old 02-20-2010, 01:21 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,027,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I think there is something very sadistic about public humiliation. This guy had a right to be upset, but he should have had some dignity and class if he wanted to break up with the woman he claimed to have loved "for years".

If the person you claim to love hurts you and your first response to them is to hurt them worse, you didn't know what true love was in the first place.

She dodged a bullet by seeing him for the vengeful, spiteful person he really was before she ever married him.

Truer words...

I'm glad he did this on radio. hopefully anyone who was ever considering dating him will find out about this. I know that I would not find this guy dating material after what he did. It's one thing to end the relationship; it's another to set out to deliberately inflict such pain on someone. I'm NOT condoning what she did. I'm saying that vengeful people are lower on my scale and there's not much lower than this guy.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:33 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,328,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Truer words...

I'm glad he did this on radio. hopefully anyone who was ever considering dating him will find out about this. I know that I would not find this guy dating material after what he did. It's one thing to end the relationship; it's another to set out to deliberately inflict such pain on someone. I'm NOT condoning what she did. I'm saying that vengeful people are lower on my scale and there's not much lower than this guy.
I absolutely agree. I didn't listen to the radio clip (I've heard similar in the past so I can pretty much imagine what happened) but yeah, if I found out that a guy I was dating had ever done something like that to an ex, he would soon become my ex. I don't care how bad of a person the guy's girlfriend/wife was, if he set out to deliberately hurt and humiliate her then he's no better.

I had a lot of friends tell me I should have set my ex-fiance's stuff on fire after he left me. Instead I packed his stuff up nicely and set it in the garage for him to pick up. I don't think there's ever a time when taking the high road is a bad option.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:37 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,936,484 times
Wow, this guy is cruel. I mean breaking it off is one thing. Public humiliation is downright mean. I think anybody who thinks this was funny should have his or her head examined.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:28 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,509,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
That was AWESOME! she deserved what she got, every bit of it!

Finally a woman gets what she deserved for making a mistake! Rather then expect a guy to simply forgive her and let it all go away (so she could do it again) she gets called out for it on the radio and knows now how it feels to feel criminalized for doing something so horrible to a man she lived with for 5 years

"What kind of people are you?" she asked.

Good people who wouldn't cheat on their SO's. Kudos to chris and those guys on 105.7 the point

Old 02-20-2010, 05:38 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,027,229 times
And another person who has never done anything wrong chimes in.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:03 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,628,583 times
I too thought that was horrible (and I'm hoping it was fake). I think the way you handle a break up says a lot about you. There's no need to humiliate someone like that, no matter what she "deserved." and even if you DO think she deserved it, you'd have to be a sadist to find that funny.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:25 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,288,970 times
Only a sadistic person (as were those radio hosts) would enjoy that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships