Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 19,225 times

Advertisements

Im currently 23 years old, im 5"10 and weigh 165 pounds, male BTW. Ive never really been overweight, just little out of shape, but about 6 months ago I changed all that. I started eating healthy and working out. Im in great shape now, eat very healthy, count calories, weight lift every other day, cardio 3 times a week. Anyway, when I started this lifestyle, I lost about 20 pounds, like fast. So fast, in fact, I got quite a few stretch marks. I have them on my butt, hips, front of my thieghs, upper arms, biceps, and the front and back of my shoulders. They have faded to skin color now, but are still visible, and have a different texture from the rest of my skin. I worked hard to get where I am now, but I've never been so depressed. Im a good looking guy (from what ive been told from people) and I dont disagree, but I just feel like they would change their minds if they saw me with my shirt off. Are these scars a big turn off to women? Also, I do treat them to the best of my abilites, cocoa butter, strivectin and mederma 2 times a day and exfoliate in the shower, my skin is ridiculously smooth.
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 01:11 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Nah. If you have "other qualities" that stand out, this is not a big deal! Nobody is perfect. (shrugs)

Old 02-21-2010, 01:18 PM

865 posts, read 2,431,128 times
If it really bothers you, and makes you very self conscious, you may want to see a dermatologist. There are laser treatments that will help lessen scars. And I agree with Yankeegirl - stretch marks are minor compared with a lot of other things.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable101 View Post
Im currently 23 years old, im 5"10 and weigh 165 pounds, male BTW. Ive never really been overweight, just little out of shape, but about 6 months ago I changed all that. I started eating healthy and working out. Im in great shape now, eat very healthy, count calories, weight lift every other day, cardio 3 times a week. Anyway, when I started this lifestyle, I lost about 20 pounds, like fast. So fast, in fact, I got quite a few stretch marks. I have them on my butt, hips, front of my thieghs, upper arms, biceps, and the front and back of my shoulders. They have faded to skin color now, but are still visible, and have a different texture from the rest of my skin. I worked hard to get where I am now, but I've never been so depressed. Im a good looking guy (from what ive been told from people) and I dont disagree, but I just feel like they would change their minds if they saw me with my shirt off. Are these scars a big turn off to women? Also, I do treat them to the best of my abilites, cocoa butter, strivectin and mederma 2 times a day and exfoliate in the shower, my skin is ridiculously smooth.
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]
Really? 20 lbs is not THAT much and you're very young and your skin is elastic. You sure you haven't been on some meds that caused that?

Anyway, at this point it doesn't matter what caused them, but they bother you, which is understandable. You're doing anything possible... They probably will fade more with time. I would hope by the time somebody sees them it won't matter anymore.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:03 PM

677 posts, read 1,538,034 times
WOW!! I applaud your decision to live healthier and admire your strength in making it happen.

I agree with dgfurman. There are new ways to treat scars and stretch marks. Perhaps you can see a dermatologist?

People will respond differently. People who like you for who are, won't be bothered by stretch marks.

Best wishes.

~l~

Old 02-21-2010, 04:06 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
My 23 yr old son has a few, also...then again, they tend to run in our family regardless of gender or body weight.

No, it isn't a turnoff. Flaws make us human, and how we deal with those flaws in ourselves and in others shows the strength of our character.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:06 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
is there a person in the world who doesnt have them???
i know when i was growing, one summer i grew like 6 inches in 3 months! my legs are Full of them! then i had a baby, so you can imagine what my midsection looks like. i am not going to be wearing a two piece ever again, but my DH never complained...
if someone is so turned off by them, they are the most shallow/ignorant person i could ever think of meeting!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM

563 posts, read 1,710,610 times
Well my ex used to run track so he had a ton of stretch marks on his butt, thighs, etc. It never bothered me...in fact he had the best butt of anyone I've ever dated lol! I have stretch marks too from gaining about 40 lbs in 3 months when I was 15, because of a medication. Nobody ever seems bothered by them. Try not to worry about it.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:26 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethearttx View Post
Well my ex used to run track so he had a ton of stretch marks on his butt, thighs, etc. .
So do I, but it is from football and weightlifting. I ran track too, only because you had to to stay on the football team.

I also have stretchmarks where my pecs insert into my humerus.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:31 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
I also have stretchmarks where my pecs insert into my humerus.
I do too, I used to lift alot when I was younger and got yoked out pretty quick. I think that is fairly common.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships