Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 03:19 PM

146 posts, read 371,213 times

Advertisements

I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Anytime this happens to me, I think (or if they are within hearshot I'll say it) "That's exactly why I wasn't interested." Bullet dodged, whew!

Old 02-21-2010, 03:24 PM

49 posts, read 112,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda_1988 View Post
I was driving yesterday and was sitting at a red light when 2 men pull up on the side of me and tried to get my attention. I pretty much ignored them, because i didnt like their approach. They said "hey there, look, over here, hey, hello". They had no sense of conversation. Since i wasnt in the mood to talk to some random guys and they were being immature in my opinion, i ignored them.

Anyway, so when the light went green, and both of our cars drove along, both the men screamed out f**k you Sl*t and sped up.

Now this isnt the first time i have or other girls i know have been called names from a guy just because you didnt want to talk to them.

I ask, Why can a guys attitude change in a second just cause he didnt get his way? Girls are not obligated to speak to every guy that approaches them, so Why do some men feel that it is OK to call girls names just cause the girls dont want to talk to them?
Hurt pride or bruised Ego.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:25 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
I've been called a ***** a couple of times from guys whose advances I wouldn't give in to. Some guys just can't handle the fact that someone doesn't want them, so they take it out on the other person.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:01 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
It's so stupid, isn't it? Defies logic.

First, if you were a sl-t, you'd have not only responded, but encouraged their advances and took them home for a threesome.

Second, so, their taste in women is sl-ts?

Any man who behaves that way is a belligerent child. Fortunately, karma has a way of dealing with people like that.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
There are a lot of men who react that way. They are being immature.

I suggest that going forward when a guy tries to get your attention like this, give them a quick smile and a fast head nod that says, "thanks" and move on. No, you don't owe them this nor anything else. But it keeps everyone in a good mood, and at the end of the day it is nice to be admired.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:

I need to alert my old female friends from college in Australia

Old 02-21-2010, 05:12 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Quote:

Obviously, the men did not use gentlemanly manners, but I think anyone's attitude is subject to change once rejected no matter their gender. No one likes rejection... And may not act as well under the circumstances

Old 02-21-2010, 05:13 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,635 times
Men love to have their ego tweaked, when you shoot them down, you crush their ego like a bug on your windshield ... lol !

Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Jerks. There's a jerk in my class who likes me and made his intense level of attraction to me unequivocally known in a stalkerish sort of way. When I VERY POLITELY let him know I wasn't interested and that his attention made me uncomfortable, he began treating me like crap. But that's okay - I'd rather NOT have the unwanted attention I was getting before. However, I often can't help wonder how interested his wife would be in the text messages and voicemails he left me prior to his change of attitude. But ... I'm nice - I won't do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships