U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-22-2010, 02:15 AM

7,754 posts, read 8,049,938 times
Default Snoring

I just saw an ad for a local sleep center, for those who snore, have sleep apnea or other sleeping disorders.

My ex had sleep apnea. I can remember feeling so bad for him because he would literally stop breathing for 20 or more seconds at a time. It doesn't sound like a lot, but try and hold your breath for that long - it's scary. And the snoring was just terrible. It isn't anything to be ashamed of, but poor thing. He was always so tired.

I did get used to it after a while; I'm a pretty heavy sleeper anyways. But there were nights where I had to sleep in the living room and it was frustrating.

Has this ever been a problem for any of you? How did/do you deal with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-22-2010, 02:55 AM

4,383 posts, read 1,775,915 times
I snore which irritates him if he can't sleep. I use those breathe rite strips and they seem to help. I use two pillows as well to keep my neck and head elevated a bit. I don't do it all the time tho, usually when my allergies act up.

Unread 02-22-2010, 04:48 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,316 posts, read 3,386,655 times
Couldn't tell you if I snore or not sorry

Unread 02-22-2010, 05:50 AM

19,835 posts, read 15,859,522 times
My husbands snores, but not all the time and not too loudly. He always falls asleep before I do, so if the snoring is obnoxious, I just poke at him until he rearranges himself into a better position. I snore from time to time too, if I'm very tired or sleeping on my back.

My dad snores--all of the men in my family do, at least on my dad's side. Loudly. I remember once, when I was a kid, sleeping at my grandma's for a family reunion. Dad and his brothers and several male cousins and their families, including lots of boy children ... whooooa Nelly. What a terrible racket. I went on vacation with my parents when I was 21 and shared a room with them. I slept in the car. My mom frequently sleeps in another room from my dad.

Unread 02-22-2010, 06:06 AM

27,239 posts, read 23,975,264 times
I do remember having one girlfriend who snored--but that wasn't as bothersome as her sleepwalking.

Unread 02-22-2010, 06:41 AM

6,765 posts, read 6,886,813 times
I snore in the winter (dry air) or when I've had too much to drink. I woke myself up once it was so loud!

My husband has made me go sleep in a spare bedroom before. The dog snores pretty loud too.

Unread 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM

LOL....thanks for the laughs guys. It can be pretty funny, si?

Unread 02-22-2010, 08:28 AM

6,765 posts, read 6,886,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
LOL....thanks for the laughs guys. It can be pretty funny, si?
Yeah lol it is kinda funny.

Last time I had surgery I could hear myself snoring in the recovery room and I was trying to wake up so I could stop and I finally woke up and shouted, "OMG I'm snoring so loud!" then I passed back out again according to my DH.

Unread 02-22-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Yeah lol it is kinda funny.

Last time I had surgery I could hear myself snoring in the recovery room and I was trying to wake up so I could stop and I finally woke up and shouted, "OMG I'm snoring so loud!" then I passed back out again according to my DH.
ROTFLMAO!!!! Now THAT'S funny.

Unread 02-22-2010, 09:04 AM

740 posts, read 612,557 times
My ex BF snores, my ex husband snores, my mom, dad, and brother snore, my pets (including the cat) snore. Basically if I love about someone/something, they are guaranteed to snore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships