U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 AM

393 posts, read 576,916 times
Default Women, what goes through your mind, first encounter?

In step by step detail describe what you're thinking (pg-13 please) when you first meet a guy and sleep with him?

What progressions go through your mind. What observations about him do you notice first and foremost. What things during this process might really turn you on, or turn you off. What physical things do you look for and what advances do you look for.

I want to see how different the two sexes really are. And be honest, or don't answer. No need to be politically correct or nice. Are you judging us harshly, or are you just happy to have some attention? Give us the inside scoop.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 11:46 AM

5,148 posts, read 1,620,651 times
Oh boy.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,347,575 times
Step 1: "Damn he's hot!"
Step 2: "He's so sure of himself!"
Step 3: "I can't believe he likes ME!"
Step 4: "Oh yeah baby that feels really good..."

Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM

951 posts, read 971,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
Step 1: "Damn he's hot!"
Step 2: "He's so sure of himself!"
Step 3: "I can't believe he likes ME!"
Step 4: "Oh yeah baby that feels really good..."

Don't forget step 2(a) - he at least looks prosperous.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:59 AM

8,032 posts, read 8,783,450 times
First thing I pay attention to is how he speaks and carries himself, can he carry a conversation, his language, his grooming.

How he shows his interest would be next. Trying too hard would be a turn off. Giving me sexy-face would be a turn off. Making references to sex, as far as us, would not go over well. I typically like someone who goes with a natural, balanced, gentlemanly progression. The physical is not as important. He doesn't have to be a hard body but he cannot be obese. He has to take care of himself.

Now, if that natural, balanced, gentlemanly progression is in place, he can only get sexier, even if he is not that great looking. Then it is ON, baby.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:54 PM

55 posts, read 68,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
First thing I pay attention to is how he speaks and carries himself, can he carry a conversation, his language, his grooming.

How he shows his interest would be next. Trying too hard would be a turn off. Giving me sexy-face would be a turn off. Making references to sex, as far as us, would not go over well. I typically like someone who goes with a natural, balanced, gentlemanly progression. The physical is not as important. He doesn't have to be a hard body but he cannot be obese. He has to take care of himself.

Now, if that natural, balanced, gentlemanly progression is in place, he can only get sexier, even if he is not that great looking. Then it is ON, baby.

wooow gr8 points ! Thanks for the Comments

Old 02-22-2010, 01:08 PM

3,211 posts, read 7,453,262 times
Step 1: "he's a lot cuter/hotter than I thought" (all personal preference, I like eyes and a good smile)
Step 2: "wow, this isn't nearly as awkward as I thought it would be" (i.e. the conversation is interesting and flowing easily)
Step 3: genuinely makes me laugh....and now he's instantly hotter
Step 4: shows respect (not overly handsy, stares more at my eyes than my chest, actually seems to be listening to what I'm saying, few or no sex references right off the bat)

Big turn-ons for me are a sense of humor, confidence (not arrogance), and an interesting personality. Physically, eyes and smile catch me first. Ideally I like a guy taller than me (not hard, I'm very short so you're basically talking non-midgets), and not in an extreme weight-wise (not a stick, not morbidly obese).

Respect (or the appearance of) is also key. If you walk up saying "nice a**," or start a-grabbing you're a sleazeball to me. I might still talk and flirt a bit for fun, but it won't go anywhere. It's better to start up a conversation and find a common interest. If you want to use a pick-up line, you're best at picking the cheesiest one you can think of and playing it up as a joke, though unless you can really deliver it well it's probably not worth it. If you want to make a compliment, go with something safe (there's a whole thread about it). Arrogance is a big turn-off for me, and chances are I'll turn them off too since whenever I encounter an ego I have an inexplicable desire to rip them down. Also, be relaxed. If you're awkward, I'm awkward.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Sculpture_Artist View Post
Are you judging us harshly, or are you just happy to have some attention? Give us the inside scoop.
Just wanted to add: I judge much more harshly on your personality and attitude than physical attributes. Physical attraction can grow on me if I have chemistry with a guy, but if the personality's not there, there's nothing there.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:24 PM

7,488 posts, read 8,080,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniperbleu View Post
Just wanted to add: I judge much more harshly on your personality and attitude than physical attributes. Physical attraction can grow on me if I have chemistry with a guy, but if the personality's not there, there's nothing there.
I think you'll find most men think like this as well. In fact, if we have serious issues with your personality and attitude, your looks won't get you very far and you'll become even less attractive physically.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I think you'll find most men think like this as well. In fact, if we have serious issues with your personality and attitude, your looks won't get you very far and you'll become even less attractive physically.
I'd hope so, and for the most part that's what I've seen from the guys I know. Granted, there have been a few exceptions, but that's more often due to stupidity and "she can't be that bad..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships