U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:21 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,758,216 times
Both men and women can be drama queens, with women the more likely suspects.

Why? Well I think it goes back to caveman times. Women always look more inward towards the tribal dynamics and the home and men are outward looking dealing with providing(jobs) and security. Women invest a lot of time and thought thinking about their relationships and the dynamics of such relationships and also their personal space at work or home. Men don't really sit around much and talk about relationships and all that. We are very focused on our jobs and what is going on outside the home.

In our modern society, it was deemed marriage was good for everyone(probably is) but for a lot of women they suffer from a constant fear in their minds about men going off the reservation so for a lot of the them the stirring of the pot and chiding is to keep the man around relying on dividing and conquering a mans attentions.

The drama queens take it further as an attention getting device by generating little dramas out of nothing significant to get attention. For a lot of people attention is attention(negative or not).

The whole world would be a better place is people dropped the PC belief that all people are the same, which is nonsense as we are biologically different. And there is no dispute about that. Women and men are built differently. Men are always going to be outwards looking, worried all about their job and what they might do in their spare time outside the home and women are always going to be worried about who gets along with who and how their house looks.

And really the world needs both. This melding and mixing of roles I think is really warping and perverting society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM

8,257 posts, read 10,144,289 times
Well. Drama DOES seem to follow some women around alot. And it DOES get a bit tiresome after awhile. It makes it seem that she wants ALL the attention focused on HER. ALL THE TIME.

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:19 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,758,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Drama queen...

Hmmm?

I think it is when she cries at the drop of a hat.
Everything bothers her.
Complains about everything. Literally.
Always has issues with something or someone.
Needs to talk them out with you.
Never satisfied.
Not stable.

I think that is close.
I think you pegged it quite well.

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM

8,681 posts, read 6,508,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
aaargh! I just read the profile of the guy who wrote to me on POF today. Here's a few lines from his profile....

"I'm not in to games, and do not tolerate drama. "

"...you're able to just go with the flow and enjoy the moment. No drama "

WTF is it with guys and "drama"? What the hell!!!!! I mean really, what guy is going to say. I love drama! Drama drama drama bring it on.

Shouldn't it go without saying that you don't want someone to bring a lot of past relationship issues, child issues, financial issues, etc. into a relationship? Why feel the need to state it over and over and over (and over and over) again????
Makes you wonder what axe he's grinding, eh?

The poetic justice is that any man who says this in a profile is going to frighten away the very people he wants because drama-free people--you know, the self-possessed types?--are going to roll their eyes and move on to the next, as you have done.

Unread 02-24-2010, 01:28 PM

633 posts, read 894,646 times
Default hmm.

Quote:
I think it actually raises a red flag if a guy I'm going out with calls his ex a "drama queen". It makes me want to call her to get the other side of the story.

Well you know the old saying, there are 3 sides to every story - his, hers and the truth - To me, dismissive name-calling (I won't even dignify it with the word 'label') screams lazy. Too self-absorbed to care, too lazy to ask about it...too emotionally immature to know what to do from there forward and too stupid to know how to react like an adult.

Unread 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM

633 posts, read 894,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
Well you know the old saying, there are 3 sides to every story - his, hers and the truth - To me, dismissive name-calling (I won't even dignify it with the word 'label') screams lazy. Too self-absorbed to care, too lazy to ask about it...too emotionally immature to know what to do from there forward and too stupid to know how to react like an adult.
I also noticed a startling difference in what some perceive as drama. Some of the men I know perceive it as things like the backbiting that may go on at work between women. I guess that is my perception of it too. I am a woman and I personally avoid women like that.

Some men (like my former neighbor) used to perceive his girlfriend as a drama queen...all she wanted was attention from him. She was a weepier, clingier, needier type woman than some...that was his perception of drama queen.

Depends on the dude claiming to know the definition, I guess.

Unread 02-24-2010, 07:58 PM

2,132 posts, read 2,297,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I also noticed a startling difference in what some perceive as drama. Some of the men I know perceive it as things like the backbiting that may go on at work between women. I guess that is my perception of it too. I am a woman and I personally avoid women like that.

Some men (like my former neighbor) used to perceive his girlfriend as a drama queen...all she wanted was attention from him. She was a weepier, clingier, needier type woman than some...that was his perception of drama queen.

Depends on the dude claiming to know the definition, I guess.
Some women are the types that need constant attention, and I can understand how that can be a bit much for some guys. However, other women really don't need THAT MUCH attention, just a little bit will carry us for days, but being ignored is not cool. Why would I want to be with someone who never pays attention to me I won't resort to "drama queen" tactics to get it though, just move on I guess. That's what I had to do with my now ex-friend. I tried, I failed, I gave up.

Unread 02-25-2010, 06:02 AM

8,863 posts, read 7,928,660 times
Quote:
Some women are the types that need constant attention, and I can understand how that can be a bit much for some guys. However, other women really don't need THAT MUCH attention, just a little bit will carry us for days, but being ignored is not cool. Why would I want to be with someone who never pays attention to me I won't resort to "drama queen" tactics to get it though, just move on I guess. That's what I had to do with my now ex-friend. I tried, I failed, I gave up.
I don't know how it is possible to relate to others in any real way and not share the good and the bad and drama would be included at either end of the spectrum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships